Lasers at R-40?

losingit2k

Pink Floyd was always the highest standard to me when it came to concert lighting, stage, lasers, props, video etc...they just always went to that next level. Then I saw the Lights tour from Nine Inch Nails and was completely blown away by that. Then Coldplay in 2012-2013 just about put them away as well. Rush in the 80s were right behind Floyd. Then something happened and they stopped after Roll The Bones from really expanding out. I thought Time Machine and Clockwork Angels were definite improvements but unfortunately they over did it with 10 new songs. I would love to see songs from the 70s and 80s that might not have gotten the video and laser treatment get that this time around. Laser technology has gone to worlds that Rush hasn't traveled to in their history.

The last time they used lasers on the Snakes tour they were still using the same standard green lasers. So many songs could have used them on Time Machine and Clockwork Angels where they had no video or lasers or anything going on. Some people say that it's fine and the music is what matters, but when you are in an arena with 11,000 people of which maybe 4,000 know the deeper songs, those are the songs that needed more umpf to them presentation wise. I posted a link below to the last Coldplay show I saw. This was just the opening song. The rest of the show was even more crazy.

That light show was over the top fantastic.

Rush/SRO/Anthem has always had to reign in Howard. His ideas are usually 100 times more than what we actually get but because they slimmed down their dates over the years for touring and the cost of the string section they actually tell him to come back to reality. It really appears they have given him carte blanche this time out and probably with good reason with this being the last big tour, let Howie design his best work yet.

Rush/SRO/Anthem has always had to reign in Howard. His ideas are usually 100 times more than what we actually get but because they slimmed down their dates over the years for touring and the cost of the string section they actually tell him to come back to reality. It really appears they have given him carte blanche this time out and probably with good reason with this being the last big tour, let Howie design his best work yet.

In the past, there was always this little pre-tour "dance" between Howard & Geddy. Howard tells him what he wants and Geddy says, too much. Howard adjusts his "wants" and Geddy says, too much. They've been playing this game forever and both have become very savy at it. However, this is the very first time that Howard's initial requests were given the OK, without asking him to drop anything. He has everything he wants for this show and it's going to be epic.

• Like 6

Yeah that would be great. Always loved the lasers.

Then you'll love this show. He's doing something waay cool with lasers that has never been done.

Thanks for the Head up FOH LIghts! How is the setlist looking?

Which one?? :D

Ha, Ha Anyone!

:drool:

Jacob's Ladder, Cygnus X1, and a couple of others. Different colors. Single and fan effects. Very impressive.

Thanks!

Just a quick aside~ My user name is derived from the name of our late dog who was a Border Collie!

Edited by mandydog
  • Like 1

Jacob's Ladder, Cygnus X1, and a couple of others. Different colors. Single and fan effects. Very impressive.

Thanks!

Just a quick aside~ My user name is derived from the name of our late dog who was a Border Collie!

15 years ago (gosh has it really been that long), I was stuck on a username, but didn't want to be DudeWhoLikesRush2112X1YYZ.

Our BC was chilling in the room at the time, hence the name!

• Like 1