Jane's Addiction

troutman

Last I saw them was in October. They sounded great. They got cut short due to some karaoke clown who went way over his timeslot, but that's another story. This is the performance. It was for CBGB festival in Times Square and was free. Devo played earlier, FWIW...

^^ I wish I knew why my youtube links don't embed...

You have to take the "s" off "https" and it will work.

Thanks!!

http://youtu.be/XchMCwWMkrY

I would definitely suggest going. They're a damn good band. Surprised this many people aren't familiar. If you've seen entourage on HBO they do the theme song. Plus you should easily know been caught stealing and Jane says. They've been played on alt and Classic rock radio for about 20 years.
  • Like 1

Just learned that Janes Addiction will be in my neck of the woods on 5/15...so I bought a ticket. Complete performance of Nothing's Shocking.

Wait are you serious? "Nothing's Shocking" all the way through????? I COULD DIE!

Just learned that Janes Addiction will be in my neck of the woods on 5/15...so I bought a ticket. Complete performance of Nothing's Shocking.

Wait are you serious? "Nothing's Shocking" all the way through????? I COULD DIE!

Yep...they've been doing this for about a year now.

Yep...they've been doing this for about a year now.

Damn I'm a fool.

I can't win.

I'm going to South Tahoe in 11 days and Boz Scaggs is playing up there. FUKKING SOLD OUT! UGH!!!

CURSED!!

Anyway thanks to you I had to pull out that Cabinet Box Set with a million demos and live tracks! EPIC SHIT! PERRY RULES!

PERKINS IS UP THERE MAN!

Let's see.

BUDDY RICH

NEIL PEART

SIMON PHILLIPS

STEWART COPELAND

DAVE WECKL

KEITH MOON

STEPHEN PERKINS

So, this is the setlist they're playing...probably won't change up a whole lot, if at all, throughout the tour. My show is tomorrow...

• Like 1

Well this band is a bit of alright!

Could be fun...but I personally get the feeling this is one of those bands worth seeing only if you are really into them.

So, this is the setlist they're playing...probably won't change up a whole lot, if at all, throughout the tour. My show is tomorrow...

A fishing buddy said he would go with me,

What songs on that list should I pay close attention to?

Three Days is the hands down masterpiece.

Really, all of Nothings Shocking is great. If you grab that one album, you can familiarize yourself with the lion's share of what you'll see at the show.

• Like 2

Really, all of Nothings Shocking is great. If you grab that one album, you can familiarize yourself with the lion's share of what you'll see at the show.

Thanks. :cheers:

Justin I think I wrote a thread on here just based on "Three Days." It truly is one of the greatest songs in the universe.

• Like 1

hell, I'm surprised people here are so into them. they're one of the few bands that brings together metalheads, punks, hippies, prog fairies, everyone

Yeah, I've always thought of them as the Led Zeppelin of the post-punk era, in that they were hard to pin down but had a broad appeal, and completely rocked. If only they had kept the momentum of Ritual.

If I go,

Should I wear my :rush: shirt? :D

Without thinking about it, I actually wore my R40 shirt on Friday. It definitely generated a few comments. People wanted to know if I'd already attended a show and were generally happy and excited to hear details (except the first guy who made clear very quickly that he didn't want to know the setlist...a fair request to which I politely obliged).

• Like 1

hell, I'm surprised people here are so into them. they're one of the few bands that brings together metalheads, punks, hippies, prog fairies, everyone

Yeah, I've always thought of them as the Led Zeppelin of the post-punk era, in that they were hard to pin down but had a broad appeal, and completely rocked. If only they had kept the momentum of Ritual.

If I go,

Should I wear my :rush: shirt? :D

Without thinking about it, I actually wore my R40 shirt on Friday. It definitely generated a few comments. People wanted to know if I'd already attended a show and were generally happy and excited to hear details (except the first guy who made clear very quickly that he didn't want to know the setlist...a fair request to which I politely obliged).

FBN it is. :rush: