The 2015 Chicago Cubs thread...

You gonna beat Pittsburgh or what? Cubbies are my NL team to root for, don't let me down tomorrow!

As if we weren't jinxed enough, now we've got to overcome the Philly curse too.

• Like 1

You gonna beat Pittsburgh or what? Cubbies are my NL team to root for, don't let me down tomorrow!

Thanks, lerxt. You asshole! :LOL:

The last time the Cubs won it all there was an Ottoman Empire. For f-cks sake and for the generations of fans who were born, cheered them on, and died w/o a championship, for the love of Christ can the Cubs just do something once!

Game's on Wednesday. AL WC is tomorrow. Go Astros!

Just saw that... ok. Ill prob watch both games.

While watching this I'm going to pretend their DH is a pitcher who's really good at the plate. I f***ing hate the DH rule.

• Like 3

In 2011 we won 102 games.

This year we lost 99.

The Eagles suck.

The Flyers suck.

The Sixers suck.

I live in hell.

The fact that I want the Cubs to win will likely make them lose 15-2 on Wednesday but I hope NOT!

While watching this I'm going to pretend their DH is a pitcher who's really good at the plate. I f***ing hate the DH rule.

DH is for pussies. Never liked it. Play the field or go home.

• Like 1

LABT can probably speak more on it since he's been watching the boys in blue for decades but in my ~10 years of actively watching the baseball and the Cubs the DH rule is one of the stupidest f***ing things in baseball. Pitcher should bat.

• Like 1

LABT can probably speak more on it since he's been watching the boys in blue for decades but in my ~10 years of actively watching the baseball and the Cubs the DH rule is one of the stupidest f***ing things in baseball. Pitcher should bat.

It's more a matter of taste than anything. If you like baseball as it's meant to be played, watch the NL. If you prefer a bunch of old fat men playing softball, the AL is for you.

• Like 2

It's more a matter of taste than anything. If you like baseball as it's meant to be played, watch the NL. If you prefer a bunch of old fat men playing softball, the AL is for you.

Amen.

Baseball is meant to be played outdoors, on grass, with a wooden bat, by 9 players.

I absolutely despise the DH. Yeah, I am a bit of a purist, but I also don't like A) the lack of accountability when pitchers don't also get in the box and B) the fact the AL extends the careers of hitters who are past their fielding prime. Baseball players wear a fielding glove, too.

• Like 2

Amen.

Baseball is meant to be played outdoors, on grass, with a wooden bat, by 9 players.

I absolutely despise the DH. Yeah, I am a bit of a purist, but I also don't like A) the lack of accountability when pitchers don't also get in the box and B) the fact the AL extends the careers of hitters who are past their fielding prime. Baseball players wear a fielding glove, too.

Unfortunately, because MLB loves its money and the large swaths of short attention span watchers who only wanna watch familiar personalities swing a bat, I'd reckon the DH won't be going away.

I just hope it doesn't creep into the NL any further than the Interleague Play at this point.

• Like 3

Amen.

You know who else hates the DH? Official scorers who have had to deal with David Ortiz' incessant whining over the past ten years.

"This is my f***ing hit!"

• Like 1

Well DH arguments aside, big night tonight. I'm almost interested. No matter the outcome Cub Fan it's just a game. Don't hurt your self or party too hard to the point of missing work tomorrow.

This year we lost 99.

The Eagles suck.

The Flyers suck.

The Sixers suck.

I live in hell.

The fact that I want the Cubs to win will likely make them lose 15-2 on Wednesday but I hope NOT!

I hope they don't lose 15-2. 3-2. In the 11th. On an error.

And then I'll be right here waiting LABT. ;)

And, hey, how about those Dolphins?

• Like 2

This year we lost 99.

The Eagles suck.

The Flyers suck.

The Sixers suck.

I live in hell.

The Dolphins? Yeah, they're struggling. Only won one more game than the Patriots so far.

Surprised you'll be here tonight though. Won't the Red Sox be playing then????

This year we lost 99.

The Eagles suck.

The Flyers suck.

The Sixers suck.

I live in hell.

The Dolphins? Yeah, they're struggling. Only won one more game than the Patriots so far.

It's 2013, isn't it? That's where we're at currently, right?

• Like 1

This year we lost 99.

The Eagles suck.

The Flyers suck.

The Sixers suck.

I live in hell.

Perpetually

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8

This year we lost 99.

The Eagles suck.

The Flyers suck.

The Sixers suck.

I live in hell.

So the drought is only 105 years? Phew.

This year we lost 99.

The Eagles suck.

The Flyers suck.

The Sixers suck.

I live in hell.

Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss this for the world.