The Worst - Round Six

Lorraine

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst song on Permanent Waves?

• The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • Entre Nous
    • Different Strings
    • Natural Science

I love Natural Science, but it's my least favorite from the album. it doesn't appeal to me as much as the rest of the songs.

:o Well, maybe it will grow on you as you get older. :LOL:

gotta be an April Fools joke.

We can only hope. If it is, that would make two I already fell for this morning.

Entre Nous and Different Strings are good tunes but don't match the awesomeness of the other 4. Would be a toss-up for me other than the thrill that we got seeing Entre Nous live recently so I voted for Different Strings.

Tough vote. I like 'em all, but I'm going with Entre Nous.

Oh, Slim Tony you and Joey Four Eyes take this guy to nap with Jimmy Hoffa.

I love Natural Science, but it's my least favorite from the album. it doesn't appeal to me as much as the rest of the songs.

lol I hope I don't get lynched for saying that

Nope. Just the fire ants... ;)

Don't want to give anyone any ideas but I am a bit surprised that Jacob's Ladder hasn't gotten wacked a time or two at this point... :codger:

BTW just gotta say I kind of like our new home here far away from the riff raff... ;)

BTW just gotta say I kind of like our new home here far away from the riff raff... ;)

Looks to me that the high brows up there just wanted the Rush dummies gone.

I better add an emoticon but I can't find an appropriate one. :sarcastic:

Edited by Lorraine

Looks to me that the high brows up there just wanted the Rush dummies gone.

I better add an emoticon but I can't find an appropriate one. :sarcastic:

Well this dummy has more fun around here than should be allowed... ;)
  • Like 1

Nobody will like it, but least favorite for me is truly Jacob's Ladder. Way too slow and plodding... and long.

I get it. I honestly thought it would get more hits...

Cannot ddo it.

Surprised myself with this one actually, but I cannot find one song I like less than the others.

I just listened to this album today so at least I have a fresh viewpoint on the songs. I picked Different Strings because it seems like the album is going along at a good clip and then all of a sudden this song comes on and it starts to drag. Of course it picks back up when Natural Science comes on. But if this album has a weakness I would say it is this song.

This is tough...it's between DS and EN only because of the calibre of the other songs. I am going to go with EN only because of that solo that fades out of DS which is incredible. If that solo could ever pop up complete....
  • Like 1

This is tough...it's between DS and EN only because of the calibre of the other songs. I am going to go with EN only because of that solo that fades out of DS which is incredible. If that solo could ever pop up complete....

Some songs Rush wrote are one of a kind. They did one and never another that came close. Different Strings is one of those songs.

Maybe I am wrong, but it sounds to me like their earlier music had a lot more emotion.

gotta be an April Fools joke.

its not though lol