Teenage Rush Fans and...

GhostRyder

Just wondering how many other teenage Rush fans there are out there! Reply to this post if you are, like me, a young Rush fan and looking for someone their age with the same appreciation of great music.

I am 16 and a drummer, been visiting this site for awhile... that's a bit about me.

I was wondering if there were any other Peart fans as nutty as me thinking about going to see his set up which is being taken around the U.S. His drum tech is touring with the beautiful kit along with representatives of Sabian and DW. I am hoping to go to one of the events in Boston, wondering if anyone else was either. Check Rush.com for the schedule of the "S.S. Professor".

I could potentially see one of these gigs, BUT:

1. I'm not a drummer

2. I don't feel like driving 2 hours to glance at Neil Peart's drums and go home

3. It's not like Neil is going to be there or anything...

If I was a serious drummer though, I'm sure it'd be way worth it...

QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 10 2005, 11:13 PM)
Too bad it's not coming to Canada! mad.gif

I know.

If it was coming near by, I'd go.

EDIT: I'm 18 and contact info is in my profile if you want to chat

Hm... I'll have to check and see if it's coming to Atlanta.

And to GhostRyder, I'm 15 and I love Rush, and other great music heh. Like PuppetKing said, if you have AOL or MSN instant messenger, you should talk to me sometime.

My AIM and MSN names are in my profile/info.

bekloppt.gif 16 here too (seems like a popular age), and my emails there so if you have msn, add me and talk!

yeah, seems like Rush do leave us brits out, and i know they go on about them getting older and all that, but don't AC/DC do world tours, and they're older than Rush, same with the stones. Hopefully they changed their mind after the R30 tour.

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Aug 12 2005, 12:49 PM)
I used to be a teenager! trink39.gif

Here was my computer!

http://almy.us/gallery/albums/IC_Design/s8.jpg

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

i guess i dont count as a teenager cause im 20, but i still look and feel like a teenager. its cool to see people my age and younger realize the glory of Rush. i havent met anyone my age or around it that likes Rush as much as i do. but at least i know that they exist on this forum. keep representing!!

I'd like to go to the Boston showing, but that's 2.5 hours away. I'd have to take the afternoon off from work, too. If I was a drummer, I'd definitely do it!!

Since I used to be a Theater Technician (lighting), I'd find it interesting to ask Lorne about life backstage - what is the crew's schedule like - even their travel and lodging accomodations (as posh as the band's??)

Maybe some who attends can ask some questions like this and report back to the rest of us???

Archived