Bon Jovi- Strictly For BJ Discussions

Segue Myles

I have a Bon Jovi question.

How is it they are worth more money than Rush? How is it that Geddy is worth a measly $30,000,000.00 and Jon is worth $300,000,000.00?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

If you're being serious, Bon Jovi has sold a ton more albums and has remained very popular for most of their 30 plus years. Sure, Rush is a popular band but they are not pop like Bon Jovi is.

Doesn't Jon own an arena league football team? He's also done some acting, currently is part of a commercial campaign for direcTV. All of that brings in money.

Yes, I'm serious. Do you think they are as talented as Rush? I don't. That's not to say that they aren't talented, but ...

Yes, he does own a football team. In fact, if you watch the documentary I posted in this thread, he will tell you not once, but many times, how he is the CEO of Jon Bovi Enterprises.

I do not think they are as talented as Rush but they are two very different bands.

The remarkable thing about Rush is they stayed true to their art and found widespread acclaim and adoring fans in spite of going against the grain. But comparing them to Bon Jovi would be like asking why more people buy Mariah Carey records than they do Kate Bush.

Some people enjoy music that just entertains on the simplest level (like a lot of ReRushed's (in denial) taste. Others like music that makes them think and blows their mind on a technical level and empowers them to try and create music themselves.

But at the same time so many of these creative prog artists have a serious love for pop music.

After all, Mike Oldfield covered ABBA songs and Yes went new wavey for a while in the 80's.

Give me some songs to listen to.

Bon Jovi?

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Bon Jovi?

Yes, outside of Wanted Dead or Alive, I'm not that familiar with them. Bon Jovi belonged more to the generation that came after mine, and I didn't pay much attention to them back then.

Edited by Lorraine

Bon Jovi?

Yes, outside of Wanted Dead or Alive, I'm not that familiar with them. Bon Jovi belonged more to the generation that came after mine, and I didn't pay much attention to them back then.

OK!

This coincides with me finally trying Meat Loaf with an open mind!

The bands biggest selling single, and one of my favourite cheesy love songs ever

One pf my favourite songs ever:

Bon Jovi are just simple fun. Great for livening up depression!

How is it they are worth more money than Rush? How is it that Geddy is worth a measly $30,000,000.00 and Jon is worth $300,000,000.00?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

If you're being serious, Bon Jovi has sold a ton more albums and has remained very popular for most of their 30 plus years. Sure, Rush is a popular band but they are not pop like Bon Jovi is.

Doesn't Jon own an arena league football team? He's also done some acting, currently is part of a commercial campaign for direcTV. All of that brings in money.

Yes, I'm serious. Do you think they are as talented as Rush? I don't. That's not to say that they aren't talented, but ...

Nope. When it comes to musical talent, Rush is so far ahead of Bon Jovi I wouldn't even begin to know how to describe it. But like Segue said, they are just way too different to even compare.

Unfortunately, being more musically talented than everyone else isn't what sells most of the time. Most folks don't want to sit down and listen and study every note and lyric in order to find out the meaning. Most people just want to have a good time when listening to music and scream out the words to Livin On A Prayer with 15,000 others at a Bon Jovi show.

• Like 1

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Nope. When it comes to musical talent, Rush is so far ahead of Bon Jovi I wouldn't even begin to know how to describe it. But like Segue said, they are just way too different to even compare.

Unfortunately, being more musically talented than everyone else isn't what sells most of the time. Most folks don't want to sit down and listen and study every note and lyric in order to find out the meaning. Most people just want to have a good time when listening to music and scream out the words to Livin On A Prayer with 15,000 others at a Bon Jovi show.

That says a lot about people and, for once, doesn't surprise me.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Exactly.

I enjoy hardcore bands like Hatebreed and Converge, experimental metal bands like Neurosis, Isis or Opeth and bands that just make me jump around and have fun, like Bon Jovi or Foreigner.

It makes total sense to me why pop rock bands make the most money: most people just want to have a good time.

I can enjoy extreme music an awful lot, but I also love to go to a concert and just scream out loud the funnest songs with a beer in one hand and my arm around the shoulder of my best friend with a smile on my face.

What about Richie Sambora? Is it true he is talentless?

His solo albums put Bon Jovi to shame. Terrific talent.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

The bands biggest selling single, and one of my favourite cheesy love songs ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BMwcO6_hyA

OH NO!!

LORRAINE DON'T CLICK PLAY!

PLEASE DON'T CLICK PLAY!

YOUR EARS WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU IF YOU HEAR THAT SONG!

Why? I was just going to listen to it. I appreciate you posting the videos.

I love this song! It's an over the top power ballad and his voice is great!

Lorraine now you have the Internet we need to get started on The Police again! YouTube away!

What about Richie Sambora? Is it true he is talentless?

His solo albums put Bon Jovi to shame. Terrific talent.

I was reading comments on Youtube about them, and someone said he had no talent. That's why I asked that. He sounds talented to me, but most guitarists would considering I have no talent. :LOL:

OH NO!!

PLEASE DON'T CLICK PLAY!

It's a song so bad that it made me certain that I would never be a Bon Jovi fan again.

• Like 1

Jon and Richie look so earnest leaning over that mixing board. What they won't do for their music.

• Like 2

OH NO!!

PLEASE DON'T CLICK PLAY!

It's a song so bad that it made me certain that I would never be a Bon Jovi fan again.

If it helps it never made it onto an album...just a compilation.

The 90's album's don't have much to offer like Always.

I have noted aot of people hate the song. Over exposure? I love it!

Jon and Richie look so earnest leaning over that mixing board. What they won't do for their music.

Believe it or not, the band truly love what they do and they really appreciate the fans. They have their critics but they really are nice (but flawed and often arrogant) guys. But I think most successful musicians have an ego anyway.

Here is some solo Sambora:

• Like 1

Double post.

The most interesting thing you have posted all day.

• Like 1