• Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Clockwork Angels

Ah what difference does it make. Two amazing albums, Caress of Steel and Clockwork Angels are both about to be axed. Frig.

According to these polls everything but one has got to go eventually. But it's all relative. As much as I dislike some of the albums even the worst of them are better than 9/10 of the music out there.

Still bitter about Vapor Trails and T4E getting booted so quickly...

Public poll, this is going to be good :popcorn:

Voting for Clockwork Angels to save Caress of Steel plus I'm not a HUGE fan of the album even if it is far from the band's worst..

Public poll, this is going to be good :popcorn:

Voting for Clockwork Angels to save Caress of Steel plus I'm not a HUGE fan of the album even if it is far from the band's worst..

GODDAMMIT NO!

Ah what difference does it make. Two amazing albums, Caress of Steel and Clockwork Angels are both about to be axed. Frig.

According to these polls everything but one has got to go eventually. But it's all relative. As much as I dislike some of the albums even the worst of them are better than 9/10 of the music out there.

T4E gets a bad rap around here but I've never really been able to figure out why unless it's based mainly on Dog Years. The rest of the album is at least as good as HYF or PoW.

T4E gets a bad rap around here but I've never really been able to figure out why unless it's based mainly on Dog Years. The rest of the album is at least as good as HYF or PoW.

Better than HYF, not as good as PoW.

Better than HYF, not as good as PoW.

I would say just different. PoW is very keyboard heavy and kind of stands alone in that sense.

If you don't like I Think I'm Going Bald, you have no sense of humor. :)

Like on Dog Years, the vocals just kill it for me. Nope.

Soooooo Tiiiight!

:haz:

It's funny but I never thought anything of that line in the song until I started reading the posts here and heard about people not liking it.

Soooooo Tiiiight!

It's funny but I never thought anything of that line in the song until I started reading the posts here and heard about people not liking it.

It's a kickass jam :haz:

Soooooo Tiiiight!

It's a kickass jam :haz:

I think so too. :haz:

So at what point is the poll closed?

I'm trying to keep each to a minimum of 24 hours.

Then as soon as I'm able to get to it the following day.

I was wondering if maybe it was a certain number of votes. To make it the truest representation it probably should be the same amount of people. But I guess this isn't that scientific. :)

How HYF and PoW are still on this list is a testament to the Rush Keyboardist Forum. They played half of PoW at the three CA shows I attended and half the crowd didn't know those songs and the other half was napping. Never saw such a melllllow Rush crowd before.
  • Like 1

How HYF and PoW are still on this list is a testament to the Rush Keyboardist Forum. They played half of PoW at the three CA shows I attended and half the crowd didn't know those songs and the other half was napping. Never saw such a melllllow Rush crowd before.

Hmm......sucks for them. I loved the CA setlist.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Mick

I could've done without a whopping 3 songs from Roll The Bones but otherwise I agree, the CA setlist was excellent, considering I like Power Windows. Also got to see The Analog Kid :haz:

I'm surprised you enjoyed it as much as you did with 10 songs from Clockwork Angels :P

• Like 1

Mick

I could've done without a whopping 3 songs from Roll The Bones but otherwise I agree, the CA setlist was excellent, considering I like Power Windows. Also got to see The Analog Kid :haz:

I'm surprised you enjoyed it as much as you did with 10 songs from Clockwork Angels :P

I concede it was slightly better live. That first set was my heaven though..lol And after the Ca tunes as well.

Mick

Mick

I concede it was slightly better live. That first set was my heaven though..lol And after the Ca tunes as well.

Mick

At the shows I went to, very few people outside of the front 20 rows or so were happy with the first set. The energy was sucked out of the places.

Mick

Thats what makes this band so interesting. The keyboard era is surprisingly popular here. Of course I like the Key era but it pales in comparison to their harder rocking days because it takes away space from the bass and Alex, which makes the keys so controversial. CP got slammed here but Ged's singing and bass are superior on that record... a result of the decision to fade the keys.

• Like 2

Many may wish the band didn't head down a synthesizer road but Power Windows is a great album. Look at that track listing every minute of music better than CoS.
  • Like 2

Many may wish the band didn't head down a synthesizer road but Power Windows is a great album. Look at that track listing every minute of music better than CoS.

It is better then COS but COS is still in my top 5

I love Power Windows.

Mick

*hides from LedRush's firestorm of terror*

• Like 1