The Early Morning Listen On Feb 22 2015: "SAD WINGS OF DESTINY!" Judas F'N Priest! METAL!

RUSHHEAD666

I can't sleep so I put on "Sad Wings Of Destiny." Now I know all of your Priest Freaks have your own favorite album by this Iconic Band, but for my ears nothing even comes close to "SAD WINGS OF DESTINY!"

Yep! Another Priest Thread!

"Victim Of Changes" and "The Ripper" absolutely SHRED!!!!!

Next to Freddie Mercury Rob Halford is the greatest singer of ALL TIME!!!!!!!!

Geoff Tate used to be up there but now he is Geoff TAINT. What a TIT!

Anyway. GOODNIGHT! No nightmares ok?

Love,

"Dream Deceiver"

• Like 4

Paging Narpsberg/Narpski/Narpzilla/Narpet...I'm sure you will have some things to say... :)

I have never heard this album. Listened to some bits and pieces of it and thought -> :huh: I thought it was all right, but it didn't blow me away. Maybe I should give it a complete listening.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

I shit my pants when Priest played "Victim" live a couple of months ago in a small arena!

The bass guitar and bass drums were penetrating my heart like a hot knife through butter.

Rob's voice was like a thundercloud roar.

It's the best the boys have ever sounded.

I've seem them 10 times.

• Like 2

Paging Narpsberg/Narpski/Narpzilla/Narpet...I'm sure you will have some things to say... :)

I have never heard this album. Listened to some bits and pieces of it and thought -> :huh: I thought it was all right, but it didn't blow me away. Maybe I should give it a complete listening.

My favourite is Narpetunia. So cute! I wanna tie him up in a big pink bow and blow bubbles in his face.

My favourite is Narpetunia. So cute! I wanna tie him up in a big pink bow and blow bubbles in his face.

:LMAO:

And by the way, I'm surprised he hasn't commented in this thread yet.

I've done quite a few Priest album rankings lately, and I have my faves but honestly I love all Halford-era Priest! The two Ripper albums aren't great but even they have their moments too. :hail:

Duck, Sin After Sin was recommended to me next. If I were to explore another, would you agree with that?

Killing Machine is the best, but Sad Wings is right up there.

This is another I was trying to remember. I remembered your post when I first saw it, and I couldn't remember in which thread it was found.

:facepalm: right at me, I know. It was THIS thread.

This is another I was trying to remember. I remembered your post when I first saw it, and I couldn't remember in which thread it was found.

The Euro version is called "Killing Machine." The USA version is "Hell Bent For Leather!"

• Like 1

The Euro version is called "Killing Machine." The USA version is "Hell Bent For Leather!"

So that's the one! I knew there was an album that had a different title overseas. Didn't remember which one. Thanks, Earl!

I've done quite a few Priest album rankings lately, and I have my faves but honestly I love all Halford-era Priest! The two Ripper albums aren't great but even they have their moments too. :hail:

Duck, Sin After Sin was recommended to me next. If I were to explore another, would you agree with that?

Yeah. Sin After Sin is great. That was the first one I heard, and I was hooked. Sinner kicks ass :haz:
  • Like 2

Yeah. Sin After Sin is great. That was the first one I heard, and I was hooked. Sinner kicks ass :haz:

Simon Philips baby!

Actually Earl the album was named Killing Machine by the band and when the American record company execs saw the title they made them change it and they like Hell Bent For Leather better because Killing Machine was too dangerous for them.

So to sum it up, Killing Machine is Priest's name for the album, Hell Bent For Leather is the record executive's choice!! So if you want to be like record execs go Hell Bent but me, I choose PRIEST!! :haz:

It's a great album, you can't go wrong with 70's Priest!

I mean I love 80's Priest and in fact ALL Priest but whatever!

• Like 1