Slinging A Curveball By Your Chin: DE LA SOUL: "3 Feet High And Rising" Hip Hop!

RUSHHEAD666

Ok I'm crazy. From Savatage to De La Soul." I think this hip hop group deserves a thread!

"The Magic Number" is 3.

This album is very groovy. Even metalheads may enjoy this record. They sample some RUN DMC and some Beasties.

It some good funky rap shit.

Check it out if you dare.

I'm willing to bet this thread sinks to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean!

Word.

• Like 1

Ok I'm crazy. From Savatage to De La Soul." I think this hip hop group deserves a thread!

"The Magic Number" is 3.

This album is very groovy. Even metalheads may enjoy this record. They sample some RUN DMC and some Beasties.

Word.

That's a great album. Potholes in my lawn. Jennifer, oh Jenny.

I like that on the song "Eye Know", they sampled "Peg" by Steely Dan. And yes, they credited them.

• Like 2

"The Magic Number" is 3.

Word.

That's a great album. Potholes in my lawn. Jennifer, oh Jenny.

I like that on the song "Eye Know", they sampled "Peg" by Steely Dan. And yes, they credited them.

I just heard Potholes In My Lawn!

Great stuff!

rap from around 1990-1995 is great. even a lot of gangsta shit's good. I've always enjoyed the more positive sounding rap like de la soul and a tribe called quest a lot too

Cypress Hill from that era is great stuff but I lost interest after I stopped smoking pot in 1995 to join the USAF. Although I bought their Skull and Bones which came much later.

rap from around 1990-1995 is great. even a lot of gangsta shit's good. I've always enjoyed the more positive sounding rap like de la soul and a tribe called quest a lot too

Cypress Hill from that era is great stuff but I lost interest after I stopped smoking pot in 1995 to join the USAF. Although I bought their Skull and Bones which came much later.

smoke pot and get your interest back

• Like 1

I had no idea you were so diverse earl

Thanks buddy! I try keeping i real! I really love RUN DMC, LL COOL J, WHODINI, and the BEASTIE BOYS too!

I saw the RAISING HELL TOUR in Oakland back in 1986! It was Whodini, LL COOL J and RUN DMC!! EPIC!!! I was a senior in high school. I thought I was going to get my ass kicked but everything was totally cool!!

RUN DMC = FUSION! RAP AND HARD ROCK!!!! PERFECT!

I also love NWA and EAZY E! EZ DOES IT!

Great topic!

De La Soul is Dead was my first rap cassette IMO. Weird that it was missing so much stuff though (for space issues). When I heard the album on CD much later it was almost like a different thing.

The skits between the songs were great, and a Roller Skating Jam Named Saturdays has a beat and a half to this day.

TRIVA NOBODY ASKED FOR: I learned to play my buddy's drums along to stuff like Peas Porridge hahaha.

• Like 1