Everybody excited about the GRAMMYS?!?!?!?!?!!1111!???

laughedatbytime

My opinion of Kayne West is even lower than before, if that is possible. His comments about Beck makes him a bigger ass than he already is.

Yup. And he makes an even bigger ass of himself by trying to cover up everything, saying he did not steal the mic to protect his daughter (what sense does that make), and that Beck is not a real artist, and then saying he is, when an interviewer made him realize what he just said. He also does not get that Morning Phase touched everyone in a different way, it may not have given the same emotions as the Beyonce album did, but it inspired the same kind of artistry. I just can't believe that he said when interviewed, "Beck should give the Grammy to Beyonce, for the real artists". All cred for Kanye, GONE!

Good on Beck (one of my favorite artists) for trying to call Kanye's Bluff on stage by inviting him back up, not to mention that he was not phased by his comments, because he thought Beyonce would win too. But no, he should not (and I am sure will not) give the award over, because critics from all genre's found his to be the better quality album.

• Like 1

I was rooting for Beyoncé to get album of the year. She took some bold risks and I think she deserved it.

I was rooting for Beck, but though that Beyonce would win too, but I was surprised, popularity did not win for that category that night. Beck said Beyonce probably deserved the award, and I will take his (and your) word for it, but damn Morning Phase was really good.

Judging by the list of winners the Grammy's were utter crap per usual. Glad I didn't watch. I mean, giving a comedy band doing someone else's song the best hard rock/metal award? A new low for the Shammy's.

Right !!!

So Tenacious D won over Motorhead, Slipknot, Mastodon and Anthrax ?

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/custom55/200k_zps131ebb58.gif

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Kanye, not only is he one of the biggest jackasses in the world, he's also one of the biggest hypocrites in the world. Demanding respect where none is due and showing no respect at the same time. F*cking amazing!

i pity his kid growing up around that moron.

Mick

• Like 1

I was rooting for Beyoncé to get album of the year. She took some bold risks and I think she deserved it.

I was rooting for Beck, but though that Beyonce would win too, but I was surprised, popularity did not win for that category that night. Beck said Beyonce probably deserved the award, and I will take his (and your) word for it, but damn Morning Phase was really good.

I have to check Beck out. I know it ain't popular around here to say this, but Beyonce is a real talent and I actually don't like her new album, but for fans of the genre it is startlingly great and she took huge commercial risks at a point in her career when she was starting to settle into a formulaic but profitable career.

My main gripe is her husband. Cannot stand him.

But Beck could be my next album purchase.

I have to check Beck out. I know it ain't popular around here to say this, but Beyonce is a real talent and I actually don't like her new album, but for fans of the genre it is startlingly great and she took huge commercial risks at a point in her career when she was starting to settle into a formulaic but profitable career.

My main gripe is her husband. Cannot stand him.

But Beck could be my next album purchase.

If your going to look into Beck, his album Odelay is the perfect place to start. Sea Change is also a great album for a more mellow mood.

But in general, these hits you should familiarise yourself with.

Where It's At

Devil's Haircut

The New Pollution

Sexx Laws

Lost Cause

E-Pro

Girl

Gamma Ray

Blue Moon

and of course, everyone should know this gem

http://youtu.be/YgSPaXgAdzE

Edited by RushBoingo

Really Kanye ? (the biggest douche in music since ted Nugent)

http://d3na4zxidw1hr4.cloudfront.net/site_media/uploads/images/posts/b/beyonce-freddie-mercury-mem_jpg_630x640_q85.jpg

Prefer Beyoncé and they aren't comparable genres anyway.

http://celebnmusic247.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/beck-vs-beyonce-the-proof-is-on-the-billboard-0211-1.jpg

still love beyonce.

i dont even care who writes her songs, the last album was still her vision.

Ah Beyonce's part of that screaming Diva wave that forgets about um.......vocal Restraint and dynamics.

At least every performance i've heard

Mick

Although I cannot disagree, I still think she is a phenomenal live performer and one of my all time favourite female singers. I admit this is largely due to my everlasting crush on her, but her live performances (especially at Glastonbury 2011) leave my jaw on the floor.

Am I the only one around here who thinks both Beck and Beyonce suck?!?!?!

no

but i am the only one who likes beyonce

Am I the only one around here who thinks both Beck and Beyonce suck?!?!?!

Well, your probably not the only one who dislikes Beyonce, but I would put money that you are a great minority in thinking Beck sucks. He is a fantastically diverse musician to me, and in my top ten favorite artists.