What is a "True Rush Fan"?

Lorraine

I only have a dubbed cassette with Tom Sawyer, Spirits of the Radio, and a part of Zanadu on it (cut off the Chicago Bulls intro). I listen to it a lot though.

Doesn't matter. If you don't have every album on original vinyl, reissue vinyl, 8-track cassette, CD, 97 remastered CD, and sectors box set CD, not to mention the Chronicles compilation, the Retrospective compilations, The Spirit of Radio Greatest Hits, the Gold compilation, the Icon Compilation, and the Time Stand Still collection, I'm afraid we can't count you as a true fan.

And Archives. Can't forget that.

I forgot to mention my custom Sharpie "Geddie Lee 4ever" shirt. Am I true now?

I've been looking for one of those for years.

You have my envy.

You don't by any chance have a Rush corkscrew do you?

No, sorry :( I only drink box wine.

• Like 1

I only have a dubbed cassette with Tom Sawyer, Spirits of the Radio, and a part of Zanadu on it (cut off the Chicago Bulls intro). I listen to it a lot though.

Doesn't matter. If you don't have every album on original vinyl, reissue vinyl, 8-track cassette, CD, 97 remastered CD, and sectors box set CD, not to mention the Chronicles compilation, the Retrospective compilations, The Spirit of Radio Greatest Hits, the Gold compilation, the Icon Compilation, and the Time Stand Still collection, I'm afraid we can't count you as a true fan.

You have my envy.

I would post the pic of my 2112 mug to prove my fandom but am afraid someone might notice the toothbrush housed in it needs replaced. I replaced it that very day BTW.... :blush:

Um...take the toothbrush OUT? :LOL:

• Like 1

Is Spirit of Radio the one that goes :musicnote: All we hear is Radio ga-ga...Radio goo-goo...Radio-ga ga :musicnote: ?
  • Like 3

You have my envy.

I would post the pic of my 2112 mug to prove my fandom but am afraid someone might notice the toothbrush housed in it needs replaced. I replaced it that very day BTW.... :blush:

Um...take the toothbrush OUT? :LOL:

:rfl: Its the pic I took a while back. I am to lazy to take another one.... :)
  • Like 1

Is Spirit of Radio the one that goes :musicnote: All we hear is Radio ga-ga...Radio goo-goo...Radio-ga ga :musicnote: ?

The very same one, Your Lion.

You have my envy.

That's a pity. FYI, I once bought champagne in bottles that had twist-off caps to bring to a party. You may want to try that sometime.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

A teenage boy reads somewhere that the logo on the first Rush album was supposed to be red, but because of a printing error it came out looking pink. The boy spends about an hour carefully coloring in the logo on the record sleeve with a red magic marker. This makes him

a) a fan

b) a fanatic

c) a "fanboy"

d) kind of a sad loser

p.s. I'm not saying it was me...

• Like 1

You have my envy.

That's a pity. FYI, I once bought champagne in bottles that had twist-off caps to bring to a party. You may want to try that sometime.

:no:

Spendy sh**!! :P

• Like 1

A true Rush fan never thinks about who a true Rush fan is or considers criteria about what constitutes a true Rush fan. A true Rush fan also never cares about whether anyone else considers them a true fan or not.

Ding, ding, ding bingo from the first response. I don't know if there is such a thing as a true or false Rush fan, we are Rush fans to differing degrees but we are all still Rush fans. Some may think it's crazy that I've seen the band 49 times since the GUP Tour but I'm still a Rush fan no matter what and they are my number 1 Rock band period. Going to my 50th+ on the next tour R40.

This is from my profile....

Best Rush Experience

TOO many to mention, well one was on the HYF Tour Capital Centre MD they played Red Sector A. I yelled out that's one my favorite RUSH songs and girl behind said mine too but I don't think she believed me. Well, we sang the words face to face like we were battling each other then gave high 5s + hugs.

Over time many Rush fans are coming out of the closet bit by bit. Lol

You have my envy.

:LOL: I was invited to a party. When I asked what I could bring, they said champagne. So, my friend and I decided to split the cost. I went to a liquor store and they had champagne for three dollars a bottle. This was in early 1981. I thought to myself: Splendid! Champagne at a reasonable price!!

We got to the party and I handed over my prize champagne bottles. Later someone went to open it and discovered it had twist-off caps. :rfl: :rfl: :rfl: I never lived that one down. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

You have my envy.

:LOL: I was invited to a party. When I asked what I could bring, they said champagne. So, my friend and I decided to split the cost. I went to a liquor store and they had champagne for three dollars a bottle. This was in early 1981. I thought to myself: Splendid! Champagne at a reasonable price!!

We got to the party and I handed over my prize champagne bottles. Later someone went to open it and discovered it had twist-off caps. :rfl: :rfl: :rfl: I never lived that one down. :)

:laughing guy:

Should have bought this!! :codger: :P

Annie Greensprings, Ripple, Boone's Farm, Cold Duck!

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Some fought themselves, some fought each other

Most just followed one another

Lost and aimless like their brothers

For their Hearts were so unclear

And the Truth could not appear

Their spirits were divided

Into blinded hemispheres

I wonder what nerdy person wrote those lyrics anyway.

A true Rush fan is someone who truly loves Rush. It's that simple. I am a true Rush fan, and being on a forum dedicated to Rush I'd say most of you are all true Rush fans as well.
  • Like 1

And the term "fanboy" is used derogatively. I want to know what that is?

A fanboy is someone who can't find any serious shortcomings with the band and/or they take it personally when others do find shortcomings. A fanboy is quick to defend Rush against any and all complaints, as if Rush was their mother or something.

• Like 3