What is a "True Rush Fan"?

Lorraine

And the term "fanboy" is used derogatively. I want to know what that is?

A fanboy is someone who can't find any serious shortcomings with the band and/or they take it personally when others do find shortcomings. A fanboy is quick to defend Rush against any and all complaints, as if Rush was their mother or something.

In short, fanboy = Rush can do no wrong ever.

A fanboy is someone who can't find any serious shortcomings with the band and/or they take it personally when others do find shortcomings. A fanboy is quick to defend Rush against any and all complaints, as if Rush was their mother or something.

Thanks - so that would be different from fanatic, then? So, for example, the woman who kidnaps the author in Misery and makes him rewrite his last novel to suit her expectations is a fanatic, but if she had just kidnapped him to lavish fan-love upon him, she'd be a . . . fangirl?

Also, I think I can safely say I'm not a fanboy, because, Roll the Bones = bleeeeaaaagggghhh.

Almost forgot: in my opinion.

Edited by toymaker

Thanks - so that would be different from fanatic, then? So, for example, the woman who kidnaps the author in Misery and makes him rewrite his last novel to suit her expectations is a fanatic, but if she had just kidnapped him to lavish fan-love upon him, she'd be a . . . fangirl?

A psychopath. :)

I guess 58 Rush shows puts me the "true fan" category, but I don't think I'm a FANatic.

58?

That's just not fair!! :madra: :madra: :LOL:

Yeah the plan is to hit 60 this year. If they hang it up after that, I think I'll be good :)