I'm Stoked!!!

Narps

I don't really expect much run on this thread I just wanted to shout from the mountaintops that I am back in the vinyl listening business again. The last time I listened to vinyl must have been 30 years ago I would say. I have kept all my mostly 70's vinyl for just an occasion such as this.

I have my original late 70's Technics turntable and my late 70's Onkyo receiver setup. I got some gift cards for Christmas and went and got 2 Klipsch bookshelf type speakers and they sound great to me. They seemed the best quality and sound for the limited funds I could spend. My son and I set it all up yesterday. The imperfect perfection of vinyl, oh how I missed it!!

I have an extra room off the living room all set up as a comfy listening area. I may bring the laptop in there to as I really need to relax and get away from the television news for a while and listen to music, post on the forum and possibly even read some.

Thanks to many here for the push to this moment. Without your encouragement I probably never would have done this.... :cheers: and thanks again.

Below are a few pics of my listening,lounge space....

http://s9.postimg.org/agc9td0rj/20150103_095303.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/nbl02ujsb/20150103_094957.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/p94ibsirf/20150103_095053.jpg

Great pics! :)

Thanks sweetie.... :rose: :)

The lounge caught my attention: love the window, and what a comfortable looking seat..! :D

Its supposed to be a formal dinning room. Screw that. I have a sofa and love seat to match. The most comfy furniture I have ever had bar none. You can lean back and fall asleep in any of them. I never do but my wife does all the time.... :)

I don't really expect much run on this thread I just wanted to shout from the mountaintops that I am back in the vinyl listening business again. The last time I listened to vinyl must have been 30 years ago I would say. I have kept all my mostly 70's vinyl for just an occasion such as this.

I have my original late 70's Technics turntable and my late 70's Onkyo receiver setup. I got some gift cards for Christmas and went and got 2 Klipsch bookshelf type speakers and they sound great to me. They seemed the best quality and sound for the limited funds I could spend. My son and I set it all up yesterday. The imperfect perfection of vinyl, oh how I missed it!!

I have an extra room off the living room all set up as a comfy listening area. I may bring the laptop in there to as I really need to relax and get away from the television news for a while and listen to music, post on the forum and possibly even read some.

Thanks to many here for the push to this moment. Without your encouragement I probably never would have done this.... :cheers: and thanks again.

Great pics! :)

Thanks sweetie.... :rose: :)

The lounge caught my attention: love the window, and what a comfortable looking seat..! :D

Its supposed to be a formal dinning room. Screw that. I have a sofa and love seat to match. The most comfy furniture I have ever had bar none. You can lean back and fall asleep in any of them. I never do but my wife does all the time.... :)

I've already bagged the seat for a snoozing session! :P

*stretc-c-c-c-ch-h-h-h......*

• Like 1

Nice setup Narpski!! :cheers:

I spy me a Judas Priest album there! :haz:

I set those out because they were the first two albums I ever bought way back in 76'... :)

Are you still into Priest?

I set those out because they were the first two albums I ever bought way back in 76'... :)

Are you still into Priest?

Only British Steel backwards. Nothing after. I still enjoy 70's Priest to this day. Living After Midnight was the end for me....
  • Like 1

I am a bit younger, but I also remember the first two albums I ever bought on vinyl (both were newest releases, at the time): Mötley Crüe's Theatre of Pain, and Ozzy Osbourne's The Ultimate Sin.

The thought of it makes me :P, just in terms of how much time has gone by since then.

Actually it's amazing to see green leaves on the trees this time of year. :)

Nothing gets by you... :LOL:

So how old ARE these pictures? :LOL:

So how old ARE these pictures? :LOL:

I took them this morning. Just think its cool that you noticed was my point.... :)
  • Like 1

Awesome thread Narpski! It reminds me EXACTLY of myself a few months ago.. Dropping an actual needle on and actual record for the first time since like 1981.. Unreal!! I was just grinning from ear to ear and couldn't stop lol.

You even have a copy of ATWAS that's older than mine! My brother bought mine in about 1978 I think.

Now with my originals and the stuff I bought since, I have maybe 70 albums. 30 or so Rush :)

As the avatar indicates, I'm a 70's child!! I kinda miss those days

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 2

Awesome thread Narpski! It reminds me EXACTLY of myself a few months ago.. Dropping an actual needle on and actual record for the first time since like 1981.. Unreal!! I was just grinning from ear to ear and couldn't stop lol.

You even have a copy of ATWAS that's older than mine! My brother bought mine in about 1978 I think.

Now with my originals and the stuff I bought since, I have maybe 70 albums. 30 or so Rush :)

Thanks friend. It is cool indeed to fire up all my old albums again... :)
  • Like 2

By the way Narpski, are you gonna buy the new vinyls that Rush are gonna release soon then, now when you can listen to vinyl again?

I think that, if they are as remastered as their first vinyl release RUSH, then they will sound great!

I was just looking on Amazon and it seems I can get just about anything from the past in good used condition. I thought I had up to Power Windows but I don't. Grace Under Pressure was the last one I bought many years ago. I would like to get Power Windows, HYF and Presto. I am also shocked to find out that I don't have Close To The Edge either. I have seemingly every Yes album up to Drama possible except CTTE. I must have it. I have at least 6 or 7 Rick Wakeman albums. I have Squires Fish Out Of Water. I have an Alan White album and a Jon Anderson solo album and a Steve Howe solo album. I have Yes out the @ss but not Close To The Edge!! I even have Tales and Relayer which aren't my favorites by a long stretch. WTF was I thinking as a pimple faced teenager?.... :wacko:

I meant these albums: http://www.rush.com/...elease-in-2015/

Rush are releasing new-released vinyls from Fly By Night to A Show Of Hands

I have all of those....

Not newly remastered, and these are also clean of dust and all that. :)

Just to clarify but the vinyl reissues are not remastered.

Outstanding, my friend, outstanding! :notworthy:

I'm planning of making a corner of my room into a listening lounge, just like you did. Glad you rediscovered vinyl and welcome back. Now everything will sound better. :yes:

It does. I can't wait to buy a few albums again. That will be exciting. It won't be like the old days riffling through the bins at the record store but it will still be cool when Amazon delivers them.... :)

I'm planning of making a corner of my room into a listening lounge, just like you did. Glad you rediscovered vinyl and welcome back. Now everything will sound better. :yes:

It does. I can't wait to buy a few albums again. That will be exciting. It won't be like the old days riffling through the bins at the record store but it will still be cool when Amazon delivers them.... :)

You should treat yourself a visit to a record store. The charm of browsing through the records, finding a gem, talking with likeminded and generally the vibe. Sometimes holding an old record thinking about the journey it's been on is great.

• Like 2

You should treat yourself a visit to a record store. The charm of browsing through the records, finding a gem, talking with likeminded and generally the vibe. Sometimes holding an old record thinking about the journey it's been on is great.

I'll have to look into finding one around here....
  • Like 1

We have exactly one, in my town. I don't get to go there often, but when I do, I love it.

We have exactly one, in my town. I don't get to go there often, but when I do, I love it.

I found this place in downtown Myrtle Beach. Looks like my kind of place!!....

http://www.kilgortrouts.com/images/menubar.gifhttp://www.kilgortrouts.com/images/lp1.jpghttp://www.kilgortrouts.com/images/lp2.jpghttp://www.kilgortrouts.com/images/LP3.jpg

vinyl - lp - album - 45 - 78

Bakelite, vinyl it all makes for a well respected piece of plastic with a hole in the middle. Records have been around over 100 years. They were the staple of music enthusiasts for just as many years. With the advent of the CD, came what we thought was the death of the vinyl record. NO WAY!!! Vinyl is back again. Record players and HI-FI. Juke boxes and collectors all looking for their vinyl fix. We have the largest selection of vinyl on the Grand Strand. !000's of records, cleaned, wrapped in plastic and guaranteed. From Boogie Woogie,Jazz to Blues, Country, Rock-a-Billy to Punk, Metal and Good old Rock & Roll, we carry a selection of vinyl to make you happy. All in Downtown Myrtle Beach.

kilgor trouts music & more

At Kilgors we offer quality New/Used products at Low Prices, Guaranteed. Informed, Honest and Friendly Service create a positive, open minded and diverse experience for customers of all ages and lifestyles.

buy - sell - trade

We buy many items; collectibles, memorabilia, vintage collectible LP's and 45's. Records are examined for Cover quality, inner sleeve, extras (posters, stickers, etc.), vinyl quality is very important. If you got a collection gathering dust in the attic or shed, bring them in before storage, age and nature destroy them.

We Pay More for used items. Better than the Pawn Shops or Flea Markets. Being an actual store we will back up everything and will not pay you in counterfeit money. Try Us, you will see

WE PAY MORE!!!

interesting vinyl we buy

We love big collections, give us a call and tell us it's coming. Generally with big collections, we will need a few days to examine every record for quality and value. Any record found to be valuable, we will pay 40% of Ebay value.Trade or sell at Kilgors every experience is a positive one. WE PAY MORE!!!!!

• Sealed Albums
  • Anything Beatles
  • Colored Vinyl - Records
  • Picture Discs - 45 & LP
  • 45's with a picture sleeve.
  • Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Doors
  • Independent Releases
  • Imports
  • Special cut/designed covers
  • Old Blues and Jazz
  • Anything Punk, New Wave

online store

http://www.kilgortrouts.com/images/NEW%20ONLINE%20STORE.jpg

music/video

services

info cloud

CD DVD Video Game Local BandsLocal Music music Used CDUsed DVD Rock PunkAlternative Disco MetalElectronica Gay Pride VinylAlbum generations used CD Myrtle Beachkluckin films South Carolina PipesWaterpipes Tapestiy Sarong Incense Nintendo Atari PS2 Sega Video Game

©2010 Kilgor Trouts / Gary L Finkenbiner

706-D 8th Ave. N.

Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

843-445-2800

• Like 5

By the way Narpski, are you gonna buy the new vinyls that Rush are gonna release soon then, now when you can listen to vinyl again?

I think that, if they are as remastered as their first vinyl release RUSH, then they will sound great!

I was just looking on Amazon and it seems I can get just about anything from the past in good used condition. I thought I had up to Power Windows but I don't. Grace Under Pressure was the last one I bought many years ago. I would like to get Power Windows, HYF and Presto. I am also shocked to find out that I don't have Close To The Edge either. I have seemingly every Yes album up to Drama possible except CTTE. I must have it. I have at least 6 or 7 Rick Wakeman albums. I have Squires Fish Out Of Water. I have an Alan White album and a Jon Anderson solo album and a Steve Howe solo album. I have Yes out the @ss but not Close To The Edge!! I even have Tales and Relayer which aren't my favorites by a long stretch. WTF was I thinking as a pimple faced teenager?.... :wacko:

I have all of those....

They are not? But the first vinyl, RUSH, that they re-released was remastered.

What other albums are in that stack? :codger:

I have all of those....

They are not? But the first vinyl, RUSH, that they re-released was remastered.

I think you need to look at it as separate releases. Don't know why they remastered the first record, because vinyl just sounds great! :)

• Like 1

What other albums are in that stack? :codger:

A sh*tload of pre 80' Yes and Yes band members solo projects. I must have 6 or 7 Rick Wakeman albums. All pre 80' Priest, Scorpions, AC'DC, Pat Travers Band, UFO, Triumph, Budgie, All Zep realeases, early Van Halen and much more. I have all of Rush from Grace Under Pressure back. My first order of business will be to get Close To The Edge. As in a previous post I stated I don't know how in the hell I don't have that when I have everything else Yes under the sun. I will also get Power Windows, HYF and Presto soonest. If the record store I found is a vast as it looks Lord knows what gems I can find in there used and for cheap!! Can't wait to go look. I may swing by there tomorrow just to get a taste.... :)
  • Like 4