The Police: One Of The Greatest Bands In The World? Klerk Kant? Andy Summers? Sting Shit? Love It Or Hate It? "ZENYATTA" IS EPIC! Copland Rules

RUSHHEAD666

Sting is nothing without The Police.

He said that when they played the last Synchronicity tour concert at Shea Stadium, he looked out at the 70,000 Police fans in the stadium and knew it couldn't get any better than that. After the concert, they all went back to their rented Long Island homes, and Sting turned to Stuart and said that maybe it would be best for them to quit while they were on top rather than trying the impossible - maintaining what they had.

That is the story. Whether it is true or not, I don't know, but I do know from what I've read that during that tour, Stuart couldn't stand him anymore. Not sure where Andy stood.

Weird they seemed to patch hints up in time for Stewie to be the best man at Stings wedding.

Maybe he couldn't find anyone else.

Just reporting what I read. Familiarity often breeds contempt. Sometimes a brief vacation does wonders.

Sting´s most recent efforts are a joke...I liked most of what he did up to Brand New Day, and that came out in 1999. Since then, he´s put out a lute album, a "winter themed album", an orchestral album and a soundtrack to a play. Oh, and don´t forget Sacred Love, an album full of leftovers, rewrites, live versions, cover songs etc. It seems the well has gone dry for a long time now.

That's about when I lost interest too. I saw him on that tour and he had Lyle Lovett as an opener. I had a feeling at the time it was a beginning of a decline, as much as I do like Lyle it's a weird combo.

Sting´s most recent efforts are a joke...I liked most of what he did up to Brand New Day, and that came out in 1999. Since then, he´s put out a lute album, a "winter themed album", an orchestral album and a soundtrack to a play. Oh, and don´t forget Sacred Love, an album full of leftovers, rewrites, live versions, cover songs etc. It seems the well has gone dry for a long time now.

That's about when I lost interest too. I saw him on that tour and he had Lyle Lovett as an opener. I had a feeling at the time it was a beginning of a decline, as much as I do like Lyle it's a weird combo.

After Ten Summoner's Tales I was done.

"Nothing But The Sun" is a masterpiece.

I was wrong. It was the Mercury Falling tour where he had Lyle Lovett as the opener. That's the album that started going downhill. Didn't care for much after that. Ten Summoners Tales was epic. Not a bad song on there.

• Like 1

Sting is nothing without The Police.

He said that when they played the last Synchronicity tour concert at Shea Stadium, he looked out at the 70,000 Police fans in the stadium and knew it couldn't get any better than that. After the concert, they all went back to their rented Long Island homes, and Sting turned to Stuart and said that maybe it would be best for them to quit while they were on top rather than trying the impossible - maintaining what they had.

That is the story. Whether it is true or not, I don't know, but I do know from what I've read that during that tour, Stuart couldn't stand him anymore. Not sure where Andy stood.

Weird they seemed to patch hints up in time for Stewie to be the best man at Stings wedding.

Maybe he couldn't find anyone else.

Just reporting what I read. Familiarity often breeds contempt. Sometimes a brief vacation does wonders.

They would brawl like brothers do. I've mentioned before that Stewart's documentary "Everyone Stares" is a must-see for any Police fan. I'll mention it again. Stewart's documentary "Everyone Stares" is a must-see for any Police fan.

I have Everyone Stares on DVD, goose. It´s a must-see, indeed!

Not only did I buy Everyone Stares on DVD I saw it in a small theater in San Jose California.

I brought my now ex wife and my girls to see it.

Of course at the end of the show Stewart was a there to do a question and answer session.

It was incredible but of course my wife and girls were bored.

This is just another example of why I am now divorced.

Many of you know me very well over the years so please believe me as I type this. I am not on drugs or drunk.

I am totally cursed and blessed. Just like that shitty Rush song.

My wife left me because of my obsession with music and rock and roll. Concerts and forum addiction.

I met a beautiful girl tonight in a local bar. The band was Roses And Guns.

I was going to go out with her.

Even her good looking friend said that I should take her friend out.

Well her name was Wendy.

My EX's name.

Just telling you all that curses do exist.

I will never date again

I will live in solitude and independence forever.

Celibacy for life.

Fukk it.

I have my daughters. my drums and my rock and roll.

SINGLE FOR LIFE HALF WAY TO DEATH!

• Like 2

Not only did I buy Everyone Stares on DVD I saw it in a small theater in San Jose California.

Of course at the end of the show Stewart was a there to do a question and answer session.

Many of you know me very well over the years so please believe me as I type this. I am not on drugs or drunk.

My wife left me because of my obsession with music and rock and roll. Concerts and forum addiction.

Well her name was Wendy.

My EX's name.

I will never date again

Celibacy for life.

Fukk it.

So lonely! ( great tune )

Hang in there bro. This too will pass.

Edited by tangy
  • Like 1

Well her name was Wendy.

My EX's name.

I will never date again

Celibacy for life.

Fukk it.

Relationships come and go but rock n roll is forever.

• Like 1

Well her name was Wendy.

My EX's name.

I will never date again

Celibacy for life.

Fukk it.

Relationships come and go but rock n roll is forever.

Tangy and Moon!!!!

You are both awesome!!!!!!

Thank you very much!!! I wanted to be married forever. It didn't work out. I'm ok but man it's true! I'm listening to "Dressed To Kill" by KISS right now.

ROCK AND ROLL IS FOREVER!!!!!!

SAYS IT ALL!!!!

Love you guys!

I was wrong. It was the Mercury Falling tour where he had Lyle Lovett as the opener. That's the album that started going downhill. Didn't care for much after that. Ten Summoners Tales was epic. Not a bad song on there.

I love Mercury Falling, the album and the tour. In Reno I was lucky enough to see Robin Williams and Billy Crystal join Sting for "I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Crying". That was good fun.

This song was always interesting to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lao58-7Hg2U

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

I love Mercury Falling, the album and the tour. In Reno I was lucky enough to see Robin Williams and Billy Crystal join Sting for "I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Crying". That was good fun.

Ok fair enough! Not a bad record!

I will never forget when I saw Elvis Costello open up for The Police.

It was Stewart's birthday that night as well.

Anyway, when Elvis started to sing "My Aim is True" Sting walked up behind Elvis and Sting went Shhhhhhhhhh to the audience with his finger.

Sure enough Sting and Elvis did a duet to "My Aim Is True."

I almost shit myself.

I was fourth row with my parents.

• Like 1

Anyway, when Elvis started to sing "My Aim is True" Sting walked up behind Elvis and Sting went Shhhhhhhhhh to the audience with his finger.

I almost shit myself.

Another EPC Earl story.

• Like 1

I almost shit myself.

Another EPC Earl story.

Thank you my brother! My brain is filled with them!!!!

I had tears in my eyes watching that song. EPIC!!!!

Life is short.

Ok so I struck out with the woman thing. I couldn't get laid if I tried and I do meet very good looking woman when I go out every Saturday night.

Anyway I'm new at this game DD and I don't want to play it. There is so much bullshit and baggage. So much damage and disarray.

I wish I was married forever but nothing is guaranteed in life.

I'm not a one night stand man but I see how easy it can be.

So many lonely souls hang out in nightclubs and bars.

I go out to see live music DD. Last night there was a band called "ROSES N GUNS." Good stuff! As a matter of fact the guitar player in that band is also in the Rush cover band called TED BARCHETTA.

He's a great player.

Anyway I have no idea why I am typing this. I guess because I feel comfortable on this public forum.

I am sure many people on here hate me but fuckk a PM.

Just another epic story about my lame life.

I don't think I will ever be with a woman again.

It sucks being this way at 47 years old. I don't want to start over. I don't have the time, money and energy.

Perhaps I will live alone for the rest of my life and write on here every night.

Terrorizing and being a jackass.

I know I'm an asshole but hey, aren't we all?

Thank God For Rock And Roll!

Glad I saw The Police Reunion Tour twice. The first time in Oakland with my dad. Second time with mom and dad.

Thank God I still have my parents.

"So Lonely"

Earl

• Like 1

I almost shit myself.

Another EPC Earl story.

Thank you my brother! My brain is filled with them!!!!

I had tears in my eyes watching that song. EPIC!!!!

Life is short.

Ok so I struck out with the woman thing. I couldn't get laid if I tried and I do meet very good looking woman when I go out every Saturday night.

Anyway I'm new at this game DD and I don't want to play it. There is so much bullshit and baggage. So much damage and disarray.

I wish I was married forever but nothing is guaranteed in life.

I'm not a one night stand man but I see how easy it can be.

So many lonely souls hang out in nightclubs and bars.

I go out to see live music DD. Last night there was a band called "ROSES N GUNS." Good stuff! As a matter of fact the guitar player in that band is also in the Rush cover band called TED BARCHETTA.

He's a great player.

Anyway I have no idea why I am typing this. I guess because I feel comfortable on this public forum.

I am sure many people on here hate me but fuckk a PM.

Just another epic story about my lame life.

I don't think I will ever be with a woman again.

It sucks being this way at 47 years old. I don't want to start over. I don't have the time, money and energy.

Perhaps I will live alone for the rest of my life and write on here every night.

Terrorizing and being a jackass.

I know I'm an asshole but hey, aren't we all?

Thank God For Rock And Roll!

Glad I saw The Police Reunion Tour twice. The first time in Oakland with my dad. Second time with mom and dad.

Thank God I still have my parents.

"So Lonely"

Earl

Perhaps you will meet a lady named sally?

Earl was blue and lonely, 

He couldn't sleep a wink

And he would only post at the rush forum

If he had too much to drink

There was somehow

Something wrong somewhere 

And each day 

Seemed grey and dead

The seeds of desperation 

Were growing in his rushhead

I too have had some bad shit go down and totally get the its late in life to be starting over.

Best advice i can give is to step up your exercise level and let the stress out.

That depends in what he was playing at the time. Hes done so much differnet music that just to pigeon hole him as one type of thing would be short sighted. I would say hes a more rhythmic orientated drummer more jazz schooled that rock like Neil.

I don't know anything about drum kits, or what is what, but does he concentrate on a different type of drum than Neil does?

I'm talking about when he was with The Police.

All I know is they both played huge kits with tons of ancillary percussion. Sometimes Copeland had messages written on his dremheads. Mainly they were nasty words directed to Sting.

I dunno. Wikipedia maybe???

Edited by Digital Dad

There is a technical answer to your question, Lorraine but it comes down to a different approach to the instrument. It's like mowing the grass. Some people will use a push mower, some people will use a riding mower. Some will mow diagonally while others go horizontally or vertically. Some will get out there with a pair of scissors and trim the grass. All will get the job done but it's a matter of approach.
  • Like 2