Anyone here that doesn't like Hemispheres?

Lorraine

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Hemispheres?

White album is my fav record of all time......Tusk is 2nd fav double album.

Both perfectly cut jewels.

Mick

1. Tusk

2. Topographic Oceans

3. White Album

4. The River

5. The Gathering- How To Measure A Planet?

• Like 1

Top 5 double albums eh?

1. White Album

2. Tusk

3. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

4. Blonde on Blond(As originally released it was a double record)

5. Trout Mask Replica (Bet you don't know this one. I DARE you to try it, hee hee)

Mick

I'm listening to a pretty good live Hemispheres right now. The beginning part is cut off, but Lee's vocal performance seems pretty great, with a few exceptions. I don't think we should underestimate how brutally hard this must have been to sing, even for him.

Hemispheres starts at around 59 minutes in.

• Like 1

Tusk is amazing. Everybody is on their game and it has Lindsey going nuts musically. What's not to love?

Mick

Wow! I never got into "Tusk." I found it quite boring. Maybe I should revisit the album.

I'm a Peter Green guy over the commercial version of the band.

It's all about the Green Manalishi With The Two Pronged Crown.

Signed,

Rob Halford

• Like 1

:o :o :o :o :o

Youngsters.... :)

Youngsters? GUP and PoW are all older than me!

I get that but there is something about living the 70's that just matters. I can't even explain it. The 80's stuff just seems much more palatable to the masses no matter the age of the individual. The 70's stuff just seems much more of a different style and not all folks tastes appreciate it. Young Ged. The voice etc.. :huh:

But Rush are the only band of the sixties/seventies I love whose eighties work inspires me!

Fleetwood Mac doesn't count as Mirage sounds like a seventies release.

Not a fan of Tango in the Night?

Not massively.

Mirage is one of my favourite albums. It helped me cope through a rough patch (and it is sublime night time chill music).

Oh yeah. I remember the world premiere of "Gypsy" on MTV. Definitely a popular tune in 1982. My fave song on that album is "Straight Back" - sung by Stevie Nicks. I have Tango in the Night and was disappointed by it.

I love every song on Mirage.

Tango is just faceless pop music. The best songs only really appeal when played live (the acoustic performance of Big Love on The Dance is 10/10).

Tusk remains one of my top three albums by any artist. Twenty songs, I adore every single one (rare for a double album!)

I absolutely LOVE "MIRAGE!"

Signed,

CAMEL

Tusk is amazing. Everybody is on their game and it has Lindsey going nuts musically. What's not to love?

Mick

Wow! I never got into "Tusk." I found it quite boring. Maybe I should revisit the album.

I'm a Peter Green guy over the commercial version of the band.

It's all about the Green Manalishi With The Two Pronged Crown.

Signed,

Rob Halford

Sometimes i think it was a bit cheeky for the band to keep the Fleetwood Mac name...especially as most of their greatest hits releases favour one era over the other (the divisive moment being the introduction of Buckingham Nicks). I am currently not much of a blues fan, so the earlier Peter Green albums are not high on my list of great music.

I do adore Kiln House and Bare Trees though.

Their last good album was Tango. I know i have slated it, but only in comparison to the run of albums from Fleetwood Mac-Mirage.

I would take Tusk over ANY Rush album.

:o :o :o :o :o

Youngsters.... :)

Youngsters? GUP and PoW are all older than me!

I get that but there is something about living the 70's that just matters. I can't even explain it. The 80's stuff just seems much more palatable to the masses no matter the age of the individual. The 70's stuff just seems much more of a different style and not all folks tastes appreciate it. Young Ged. The voice etc.. :huh:

But Rush are the only band of the sixties/seventies I love whose eighties work inspires me!

Fleetwood Mac doesn't count as Mirage sounds like a seventies release.

Not a fan of Tango in the Night?

Not massively.

Mirage is one of my favourite albums. It helped me cope through a rough patch (and it is sublime night time chill music).

Oh yeah. I remember the world premiere of "Gypsy" on MTV. Definitely a popular tune in 1982. My fave song on that album is "Straight Back" - sung by Stevie Nicks. I have Tango in the Night and was disappointed by it.

I love every song on Mirage.

Tango is just faceless pop music. The best songs only really appeal when played live (the acoustic performance of Big Love on The Dance is 10/10).

Tusk remains one of my top three albums by any artist. Twenty songs, I adore every single one (rare for a double album!)

I absolutely LOVE "MIRAGE!"

Signed,

CAMEL

Mirage has a dreamy atmosphere that completely sucks me in.

Book Of Love, Gypsy, Straight Back and Wish You Were Here are timeless songs!

The album is another flawless work for me, and i think i rate it higher than Rumours (which i dearly love) and the uber awesome Fleetwood Mac of 75.

Maybe I'll give this one more chance. I guess I'll listen to Hemispheres later on today. Why I've elected to put myself through such torture, I'll never know, but who knows?

Maybe I'll give this one more chance. I guess I'll listen to Hemispheres later on today. Why I've elected to put myself through such torture, I'll never know, but who knows?

Hems will never be my favourite...but i think its a grower!

• Like 1

Listen to VT if you want some ear torture first. You will appreciate the greatness that is Hemispheres all the more...
  • Like 1

Listen to VT if you want some ear torture first. You will appreciate the greatness that is Hemispheres all the more...

I prefer VT. Although i agree Hems is the better album (hence its top ten status, VT is twelth)

A member was wondering if he is the only one who doesn't like the album, so I thought it would be a good topic for a thread. :)

A member was wondering if he is the only one who doesn't like the album, so I thought it would be a good topic for a thread. :)

Damn woman! You wrote this simple poll on the 11th of December and there are already 17 pages? You wrote a HIT my dear!

I am quite impressed. Especially because "Hemispheres" is my all time favorite album in all of the world.

Greatest album ever made in the galaxy.

"The Sphere" says it all.

Earl, thank you. I have to tell you that ever since the day you wrote about how you and your bride walked down to the aisle to the end of Hemispheres, I never listen to that part of the song without thinking of you. :)

Sorry to interrupt, but Hemispheres is f**king awesome.... ;)

Thanks, Narps. How could anyone sully this thread by bringing FM and Tusk into it? I love them and the album, but they are off in another category, and aren't worthy to be uttered in the same breath as Rush and Hemispheres.

• Like 2

Damn woman! You wrote this simple poll on the 11th of December and there are already 17 pages? You wrote a HIT my dear!

I am quite impressed. Especially because "Hemispheres" is my all time favorite album in all of the world.

Greatest album ever made in the galaxy.

"The Sphere" says it all.

Earl, thank you. I have to tell you that ever since the day you wrote about how you and your bride walked down to the aisle to the end of Hemispheres, I never listen to that part of the song without thinking of you. :)

55-3 ain't bad. I think all of the no's are young whippersnappers.... :codger:
  • Like 1

Thanks, Narps. How could anyone sully this thread by bringing FM and Tusk into it? I love them and the album, but they are off in another category, and aren't worthy to be uttered in the same breath as Rush and Hemispheres.

Just attempting to subtly get the thread back on point.... ;)
  • Like 1

Just attempting to subtly get the thread back on point.... ;)

I know. I don't mind the thread going off into a discussion of another album, but I don't want to hear about Toto or Fleetwood Mac or anyone else.