I heard Carry On My Wayward Son this morning in the store. Unfortunately, it must have been one of those "improved" :unsure: remastered versions. At first, I thought it was a remake of the song. Only when the chorus came on did I know it wasn't.

Great old song, and a great old band!

• Like 2

if i had to rank the 70''s albums......cause it's the only era i like.

1. Leftoverture

2. Song for America

3. Debut

4. Monolith

5. Point of Know Return

6. Masque

Can't rank further cause Kansas sank........fast........and unforgivably.

Mick

My list would be almost like this except for putting Song For America first.

• Like 2

if i had to rank the 70''s albums......cause it's the only era i like.

1. Leftoverture

2. Song for America

3. Debut

4. Monolith

5. Point of Know Return

6. Masque

Can't rank further cause Kansas sank........fast........and unforgivably.

Mick

1. Point Of Know Return

This.
  • Like 1

Point of Know Return is great but for me it's pretty low on the classic Kansas totem pole. I much prefer Monolith by FAR.

Mick

Yeah I agree.

• Like 1

Point of Know Return is great but for me it's pretty low on the classic Kansas totem pole. I much prefer Monolith by FAR.

Mick

Yeah I agree.

Monolith is great to my ears, but Point is a major classic.

Bear in mind my fandom is...a whole year long...

• Like 1

In The Spirit of Things gets no love here. Why? It's a great album. Steve Morse ftw.

Power and Spirit are actually really good but I never feel compelled to play them.

I just don't like Kansas after Monolith at all. Major fall from grace for me.

Kansas doing full AOR in the 80's just didn't work.

Mick

I bought Audio Visions but that was the last album I bought. It was pretty poppy but still good songs on it.

Mick

Yeah I agree.

I think it's still a great album, but maybe it just got older quicker if that makes sense? It's probably the one I played the most back in the day.

• Like 1

Mick

Yeah I agree.

I think it's still a great album, but maybe it just got older quicker if that makes sense? It's probably the one I played the most back in the day.

Even if I overplay the album, Monolith could never compete.

For one thing, I actually desire to replay Point over and over. I visit Monolith every now and then when the mood sways me. I might tire of Point, but it wouldn't change the fact I prefer it for still valid reasons.

I play Vapor Trails more than any other Rush album now, but it will never be as great as AFTK or MP, even if I have currently burned out on those.

Mick

Yeah I agree.

For one thing, I actually desire to replay Point over and over. I visit Monolith every now and then when the mood sways me. I might tire of Point, but it wouldn't change the fact I prefer it for still valid reasons.

I play Vapor Trails more than any other Rush album now, but it will never be as great as AFTK or MP, even if I have currently burned out on those.

One thing to consider with my opinion is the fact that they played several of these songs to death on the radio back when the album was new and for quite a few years afterwards. I kind of got sick of hearing it. Listening to it now you don't have that going on and things would seem newer since you're not inundated with it constantly playing on the radio.

Mick

Yeah I agree.

One thing to consider with my opinion is the fact that they played several of these songs to death on the radio back when the album was new and for quite a few years afterwards. I kind of got sick of hearing it. Listening to it now you don't have that going on and things would seem newer since you're not inundated with it constantly playing on the radio.

Exactly was I was just thinking!

I am fortunate that all my favourite bands never get played haha!

Watched some Bon Jovi videos today. Hated them.

If I was confronted with that over and over on MTV, I'd have missed out on one of my favourite bands.

Mick

Yeah I agree.

If I was confronted with that over and over on MTV, I'd have missed out on one of my favourite bands.

Yeah exactly. Sometimes no matter how good the band is or a song is if it's played to death people get sick of it. That's what happened with Bohemian Rhapsody. They played that like every half an hour on the radio and considering how long the song is, that was a lot. :LOL:

Mick

Yeah I agree.

Yeah exactly. Sometimes no matter how good the band is or a song is if it's played to death people get sick of it. That's what happened with Bohemian Rhapsody. They played that like every half an hour on the radio and considering how long the song is, that was a lot. :LOL:

I never liked that song, even as a kid.

I remember ABBA played a lot when I was a kid (major ABBA revival in the 90's). Never tired of them haha!

Mick

Yeah I agree.

I remember ABBA played a lot when I was a kid (major ABBA revival in the 90's). Never tired of them haha!

But they were still never played as much on the radio. They were more of a sing-along band, like KC and the Sunshine Band. :)

Mick

Yeah I agree.

But they were still never played as much on the radio. They were more of a sing-along band, like KC and the Sunshine Band. :)

Erm...not in the UK. They are major, major big here. 9 number one singles, several number one albums, Mamma Mia famously outgrossed The Dark Knight and a 23 year old best of album continues to sell and sell no matter how many times it is reissued.

They never truly cracked America, but in the UK they were bigger than Fleetwood Mac.

And ABBA were more than a singalong band. Play the title track to The Visitors or The Day Before You Came.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Mick

Yeah I agree.

Erm...not in the UK. They are major, major big here. 9 number one singles, several number one albums, Mamma Mia famously outgrossed The Dark Knight and a 23 year old best of album continues to sell and sell no matter how many times it is reissued.

They never truly cracked America, but in the UK they were bigger than Fleetwood Mac.

And ABBA were more than a singalong band. Play the title track to The Visitors or The Day Before You Came.

Sing along isn't necessarily a derogatory statement. They just weren't known for their musicianship, but more for their voices.

Mick

Yeah I agree.

Sing along isn't necessarily a derogatory statement. They just weren't known for their musicianship, but more for their voices.

And the incredible melodies that few, if any, bands can rival.

I have Point of Know Return and I love it. What would be the best album to get next?

The classic album box set.

Coz you need all the seventies releases.

I have Point of Know Return and I love it. What would be the best album to get next?

The great Segue returns with mad musical recommendation skillz.

lolz, okay, so basically anything from the 70s would be a good next album. Good to know.

• Like 1

The great Segue returns with mad musical recommendation skillz.

lolz, okay, so basically anything from the 70s would be a good next album. Good to know.

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Albums-Collection-1974-1983-KANSAS/dp/B005L12SB2/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1441925815&sr=8-7&keywords=Kansas+classic

You also get the two disc Legacy Edition of Two For The Show, full bonus tracks for the first five albums, and it is the only place where you can purchase a remastered to perfection copy of Monolith.

Six AMAZING studio albums. A classic, expanded, live album, and three divisive AOR releases that some love, others hate.

This was my first choice, I wanted all of it so I got it! Beautiful box and JUST GET IT! Kansas and Bruce had the best full run of albums in the seventies.

Love this box set. Love this band. Just. Go. For. It. If you love Point Of Know Return, the four preceding, and the two after it (live album included) cannot fail to delight!