What are you doing right now?

GeddyLee

I've got this weird red spot in the corner of my eye. I don't think its pinkeye, I don't really have any of the symptoms, apparently its like a burst blood vessel. Its ugly but it isn't painful. Except when I think about it. So that happened today.

Is it anything like those in this link for what we call "Bloodshot" !

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bloodshot+eye&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiT4PSJz67JAhWKXBQKHYYEDAsQ_AUIBygB&biw=1920&bih=971

Listening to the radio waiting for some rice to cook to go with a chicken, celery, courgette, mushroom, harissa, yoghurt and passata concoction i bunged together earlier... i just might be giving "ralph" a call later !
  • Like 1

Digesting Thanksgiving dinner laced with naps and TRF ;)

Mine hasn't even started!

My better 1/2 works for a retailer that opened for Thanksgiving and she had to go to work at 4:30pm (eastern) So I had to have our feast ready by 2:30

• Like 2

My better 1/2 works for a retailer that opened for Thanksgiving and she had to go to work at 4:30pm (eastern) So I had to have our feast ready by 2:30

I'm going to state here for the record that stores that open on Thanksgiving afternoon/evening SUCK.

• Like 2

I'm going to state here for the record that stores that open on Thanksgiving afternoon/evening SUCK.

:yes:

Probably won't hit any retailer til ~2:00PM tomorrow/today. I can't support "Black Thursday". Frankly, I feel guilty enough that our family keeps going to restaurants on Thursday, forcing people at those restaurants to work Thanksgiving.

Yeah,

It's really pathetic.

Yeah,

It's really pathetic.

Having to work through any holiday sucks, but as for the stores.. well they have saved - the - day for many on occasions. Hope they pay premium rate for working public holidays.

On the train with some geezer looking desperately over my shoulder trying to read what I'm typing. Pathetic and funny at the same time.

With your train stories,

You could write a book. :D

Thanks! Didn't think anyone was reading. :LOL:

Now that I know you're reading, here's another...

Locals [especially middle age to older J-males] staring at foreigners (like yours truly) is still quite common especially on trains. Smart thing to do is to avoid eye contact. But sometimes I don't want to be smart. I want satisfaction. Vengeance of sorts. Ages ago, a former Aussie flatmate told me his technique of stopping that staring behavior. He advised, "When they won't stop staring you down, start staring at their cock. And don't stop staring. They'll look away. But keep staring. I did it once so intently that the geezer moved to another car." Ha! Not exactly wise advice. But it was advice nonetheless.

I CAN say that I DID try this once. The older J-guy was staring at me on the train. I looked away to give him the chance to stop staring at me but he didn't. He kept staring at me. And staring. For several minutes. So, I made the move. I positioned my line of sight to appear that I was looking straight at his package. And I stared on like a pit bull clamping down hard on something he wants. The geezer turned away in embarrassment. He was looking up at train ads, out the window, at the floor, anywhere. But I kept on staring like a degenerate. He finally got to his station and scurried off.

I'm sure I didn't strengthen any international relations with what I did but, oh well. Don't stare at me.

Thanks to my former flatmate Aussie Tory for his warped sense of humor and creativity.

:blaze:

• Like 3