What are you doing right now?

GeddyLee

Drinking a glass of cold brew coffee, petting one of my kitties, looking out the window at the gathering dark clouds and hoping for rain, reading TRF, contemplating my day.

On the train with some geezer looking desperately over my shoulder trying to read what I'm typing. Pathetic and funny at the same time.

With your train stories,

You could write a book. :D

Thanks! Didn't think anyone was reading. :LOL:

Now that I know you're reading, here's another...

Locals [especially middle age to older J-males] staring at foreigners (like yours truly) is still quite common especially on trains. Smart thing to do is to avoid eye contact. But sometimes I don't want to be smart. I want satisfaction. Vengeance of sorts. Ages ago, a former Aussie flatmate told me his technique of stopping that staring behavior. He advised, "When they won't stop staring you down, start staring at their cock. And don't stop staring. They'll look away. But keep staring. I did it once so intently that the geezer moved to another car." Ha! Not exactly wise advice. But it was advice nonetheless.

I CAN say that I DID try this once. The older J-guy was staring at me on the train. I looked away to give him the chance to stop staring at me but he didn't. He kept staring at me. And staring. For several minutes. So, I made the move. I positioned my line of sight to appear that I was looking straight at his package. And I stared on like a pit bull clamping down hard on something he wants. The geezer turned away in embarrassment. He was looking up at train ads, out the window, at the floor, anywhere. But I kept on staring like a degenerate. He finally got to his station and scurried off.

I'm sure I didn't strengthen any international relations with what I did but, oh well. Don't stare at me.

Thanks to my former flatmate Aussie Tory for his warped sense of humor and creativity.

:blaze:

:LOL:

At least,

It didn't back fire on you. :P

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

On the train with some geezer looking desperately over my shoulder trying to read what I'm typing. Pathetic and funny at the same time.

With your train stories,

Locals [especially middle age to older J-males] staring at foreigners (like yours truly) is still quite common especially on trains. Smart thing to do is to avoid eye contact. But sometimes I don't want to be smart. I want satisfaction. Vengeance of sorts. Ages ago, a former Aussie flatmate told me his technique of stopping that staring behavior. He advised, "When they won't stop staring you down, start staring at their cock. And don't stop staring. They'll look away. But keep staring. I did it once so intently that the geezer moved to another car." Ha! Not exactly wise advice. But it was advice nonetheless.

I CAN say that I DID try this once. The older J-guy was staring at me on the train. I looked away to give him the chance to stop staring at me but he didn't. He kept staring at me. And staring. For several minutes. So, I made the move. I positioned my line of sight to appear that I was looking straight at his package. And I stared on like a pit bull clamping down hard on something he wants. The geezer turned away in embarrassment. He was looking up at train ads, out the window, at the floor, anywhere. But I kept on staring like a degenerate. He finally got to his station and scurried off.

I'm sure I didn't strengthen any international relations with what I did but, oh well. Don't stare at me.

Thanks to my former flatmate Aussie Tory for his warped sense of humor and creativity.

At least,

It didn't back fire on you. :P

• Like 1

Posting my six thousandth post :yay: :cheerleader: :yay: :cheerleader: :yay:

You've really whore'd it up this year :cheers:

You could just make it a clean 10k by the new year ya know

• Like 1

With your train stories,

So, uh...when I catch guys starting at certain parts of my anatomy while on a train, does that mean...

No no, bean, you surely weren't staring at those guys let alone being met with a tactic for discouraging such behaviour. The joys of late-night TRFing :16ton:

• Like 1

It is 5:48am, I am sitting at the kitchen table, and I am posting comments on The Rush Forum.

Life is Good. :ebert:

With your train stories,

So, uh...when I catch guys starting at certain parts of my anatomy while on a train, does that mean...

No no, bean, you surely weren't staring at those guys let alone being met with a tactic for discouraging such behaviour. The joys of late-night TRFing :16ton:

You haven't felt the "pleasure" of being stared at nastily for several minutes because you're a gaijin (a less than favorable way of expressing "foreigner" in Japan)

• Like 1

With your train stories,

You haven't felt the "pleasure" of being stared at nastily for several minutes because you're a gaijin (a less than favorable way of expressing "foreigner" in Japan)

I'm sorry; I did not mean it quite like that. I actually have been on the receiving end of a similar sort of stare, though admittedly not in Japan.

But all I meant was spinning off of your friend's idea to stare at the crotches of the offenders...that added a funny/playful aspect to an unpleasant experience, and my tired brain related it to my own most common unpleasant train experience of being ogled...as in, (playfully because I typically don't stare at strange men) what if I thought the guys were being creeps but in reality they were using your friend's tactic of outcreeping the creeper?

It's hard to read tone on the internet sometimes but I hope I didn't offend you.

• Like 3

With your train stories,

I'm sorry; I did not mean it quite like that. I actually have been on the receiving end of a similar sort of stare, though admittedly not in Japan.

But all I meant was spinning off of your friend's idea to stare at the crotches of the offenders...that added a funny/playful aspect to an unpleasant experience, and my tired brain related it to my own most common unpleasant train experience of being ogled...as in, (playfully because I typically don't stare at strange men) what if I thought the guys were being creeps but in reality they were using your friend's tactic of outcreeping the creeper?

It's hard to read tone on the internet sometimes but I hope I didn't offend you.

It's,

JB. He can take any thing. :LOL: :D :7up:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

With your train stories,

It's,

JB. He can take any thing. :LOL: :D :7up:

Bean-tor, trout's got it right.

I wasn't offended...though reading over again what I wrote, it could've easily have been seen as such. I appreciate the time you took in writing all that and explaining your thoughts so precisely.

Not to get too deep or serious (and I'm not, I'm just talking)...I was a little kid in the late 70s growing up in north Florida so there were plenty of "good 'ol boy" comments that I grew up hearing. Still, it IS very different here. The stares and vibe are different. I can't even truly explain it. I'll leave out the stories of fights and other would be fights out here. Don't get me wrong, it's not exactly Blade Runner out here but when you stay long-term and peel away the surface, it sure isn't polite manners and sophisticated etiquette either (no matter what Lonely Planet guide books may say).

• Like 1

With your train stories,

I did see a video clip in which a person said a whole heap of nasty words to another person, while insulting both him and the girlfriend.

With your train stories,

I did see a video clip in which a person said a whole heap of nasty words to another person, while insulting both him and the girlfriend.

Unsurprising to me

With your train stories,

Unsurprising to me

It shocked me - I only saw about a couple of minutes: he was really horrible to him and the girlfriend.

At work wondering how much of the Christmas tree will be left when I get home as it is the 1st day it is up and alone withe a new kitten in the house :unsure: This Morning I found her snuggled under the tree on the skirt. It was soo cute like a Norman Rockwell painting. When I went to go get my phone to take a pic she had already moved to her food bowl. I guess I know what function I have :D Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

With your train stories,

Bean you are right on the money with that thought. Sometimes it is a simple as the mood the reader of the message is. I had an experience where my boss called me up all stirred up about an email that was sent calling everyone on our project everything but nice guys. I asked him to forward me the email since I was not CC'd on it so I could read it my self. When I read the email it was not an eloquent love you note but basically a confirmation of some dates that were set as milestones. So I then asked my boss how he came up with his interpretation and come to find out he was embroiled in cotroversy regarding his Ex-wife. So a bad mood and displaced embellishment can really wreak havoc with text or email messasges. Thank goodness there are emogies :fury:

:LOL: just kidding :D

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1