Winter 2014-2015

Aikenrooster

Back when I worked at UPS, there was a guy that worked for me named Larry. Larry was from Superior Wisconsin, which is just across the boarder from Duluth, Minnesota, on the banks of lake Superior. I ran a loading dock, and it could get damn cold in the trailers in the winter. One February in the mid 90s, we had a stretch of weather where it got down into the -20 range a couple of nights in a row. During that week, Larry still wore his cargo shorts to work. I told him he was crazy, and I'll never forget his response. Larry said in his thick northern Wisconsin accent "Cold? This isn't cold. You don't know what cold is!" :LOL:
  • Like 1

Back when I worked at UPS, there was a guy that worked for me named Larry. Larry was from Superior Wisconsin, which is just across the boarder from Duluth, Minnesota, on the banks of lake Superior. I ran a loading dock, and it could get damn cold in the trailers in the winter. One February in the mid 90s, we had a stretch of weather where it got down into the -20 range a couple of nights in a row. During that week, Larry still wore his cargo shorts to work. I told him he was crazy, and I'll never forget his response. Larry said in his thick northern Wisconsin accent "Cold? This isn't cold. You don't know what cold is!" :LOL:

LARRY! LARRY! LARRY! :cheerleader: :banana: :7up: :D

When I see people complaining about single digit temperatures...it make me feel like Larry! :LOL: I'm sure you feel like that all the time!
  • Like 1

When I see people complaining about single digit temperatures...it make me feel like Larry! :LOL: I'm sure you feel like that all the time!

It has gotten below zero for the past week. I woke up this morning to a major heat wave. 21 degrees. :cool:

It has gotten below zero for the past week. I woke up this morning to a major heat wave. 21 degrees. :cool:

Does it get ridiculously cold in Anchorage, or does your being on the coast moderate the temperatures some? I know it gets crazy cold in Fairbanks. I knew a guy in the Air Force who was stationed up there for a while. He used to keep keep a tin foil pan and charcoal in his trunk of his car, and when it was too cold to start, he put the hot coals under the motor and let that heat it up for a while just to get the damn car started! :LOL:
  • Like 1

Does it get ridiculously cold in Anchorage, or does your being on the coast moderate the temperatures some? I know it gets crazy cold in Fairbanks. I knew a guy in the Air Force who was stationed up there for a while. He used to keep keep a tin foil pan and charcoal in his trunk of his car, and when it was too cold to start, he put the hot coals under the motor and let that heat it up for a while just to get the damn car started! :LOL:

Compared to Fairbanks. Living in Anchorage is like living in Hawaii. :D It's not surprising to hear about what this guy did to start his car.

Oh the humanity. I can't fathom such a thing to start my day and my car. It was 18 here this morning and I was concerned about it starting... :LOL:

Oh the humanity. I can't fathom such a thing to start my day and my car. It was 18 here this morning and I was concerned about it starting... :LOL:

Starting a car when it's 18 degrees is usually no big deal. It's when the temps. dip below zero that cause the majority of problems. Thats what block heaters are for. :D

Woohoo!! 18 degrees in Myrtle beach this morning. Geez. Shrinkage!! :blush:

:P

It was seven below zero during my drive to work today. Wind chill of (-26).

I think the high temperature may have gotten up to...about ten? But I'm not sure.

Its pretty warm here in good ole Myrtle Beach SC but since the overnight it has been raining like cats and dogs. We had some thunder and lightning along with it. Very cool this time of year....

Waiting for the average temp to go above 60 here so I can start running again without killing my lungs. No idea when it usually warms up here. Hopefully it's not the same BS in Iowa where it MIGHT stop snowing and stay above 70 for good in mid-May.

We're supposed to have 1-3 inches of snow tonight and another 1-3 tomorrow. I know north of here they're supposed to have up to a foot.
  • Like 1

We're supposed to have 1-3 inches of snow tonight and another 1-3 tomorrow. I know north of here they're supposed to have up to a foot.

Be safe! :)

Thanks! I just came in from the grocery. Picked up a few things just in case we get more snow than they're predicting.

• Like 1

21 inches of snow expected in my town. :(

That sucks. If you have to get out for whatever reason, and hopefully you don't, be really careful.

• Like 2