Which album started Rush's "decline"?

savagegrace26

Which album started Rush's "decline"?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which album started Rush's "decline"?

• Rush
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test for Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback
    • Snakes and Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels
    • Rush started declining before they released their first album
    • Rush have been constantly ascending
    • No decline whatsoever; Rush are a progressive band so they are always "progressing"
    • The band has never declined, the listener has.
    • I "decline" to participate in this poll.

I personally got more then a few laughs out of SL/ but you keep posting in that aggressive troll style. The hammer will drop on you eventually. No surprise. Just that it took this long to ban him, lol

Mick

I don't really see him as a troll. He often had actual insight and interesting stories. He just had a sort of dark sense of humor, which as far as I'm concerned, had an audience on this forum.

I don't know what got him banned or why, but that guy trolled a lot, and was unfunny far more often than he said anything that was either funny, interesting, or even attempted to contribute to the topic at hand.

• Like 3

Earl, you sound an awful lot like Spaghetti to me. Lose one, gain one. :)

So...where exactly is Spaghetti these days?

I went quiet for a while, came back, and he just seems to have disappeared.

I almost miss him.

:fuckwithadmin:

Any link to the thread that got him banned?

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/89786-what-would-you-ask-the-rush-wives-if-you-met-them/page__st__40

Post #20 of the linked thread.

I don't think it should be any surprise to anyone that he got banned. That juvenile potty "humor" has no place on a decent forum. If he'd had anything worthwhile to add to the conversations then that would have been one thing, but it was all that disgusting, degrading crap over and over. I felt sorry for him that he felt the need to post that kind of thing. What a shallow life someone must have when being that negative on a public forum is a thrill for them. Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 3

http://www.therushfo...em/page__st__40

That's not very helpful. Can anyone PM me what he said (or the gist of it, anyway)?

It's doubtful many besides 73 saw it given that it was posted at 3:03 CDT. Maybe Tony did since he responded.

I never saw it. Even without seeing it I have an idea what he said, and if I'm right it's not worth knowing.

I suspect more of his amazon "reviews" may start popping up now if they haven't already. He was an odd rush fan. Didn't even come across as a fan. Insulting the boys at every turn.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

I personally got more then a few laughs out of SL/ but you keep posting in that aggressive troll style. The hammer will drop on you eventually. No surprise. Just that it took this long to ban him, lol

Mick

I don't really see him as a troll. He often had actual insight and interesting stories. He just had a sort of dark sense of humor, which as far as I'm concerned, had an audience on this forum.

I don't know what got him banned or why, but that guy trolled a lot, and was unfunny far more often than he said anything that was either funny, interesting, or even attempted to contribute to the topic at hand.

Not a troll. Just vulgar and unfunny in the end. The Andrew Dice Clay of TRF. His time was limited.
  • Like 1

I came onboard in 78 with Hemisheres at age 16.Bought every new lp/cd in the first week of release since.Never saw a problem with any album apart from Vapor Trails but that was more to do with production.Now upon reflection i think HYF is a real dip after the majestic PoW.And i just wished the last couple of albums weren't so overproduced.

That's not very helpful. Can anyone PM me what he said (or the gist of it, anyway)?

It's doubtful many besides 73 saw it given that it was posted at 3:03 CDT. Maybe Tony did since he responded.

I never saw it. Even without seeing it I have an idea what he said, and if I'm right it's not worth knowing.

I saw it. I think the part that got him banned was about Neil's wife and Brutus (you remember his... fascination with Brutus, right?)

He wasn't a troll. Trolls provoke and like to stir up the dust and cause confusion more often than not. Trolls like to pit people against one another.

Spaghetti might not have fit the Rush fan mold, but at least he was honest about who he was.

• Like 1

He wasn't a troll. Trolls provoke and like to stir up the dust and cause confusion more often than not. Trolls like to pit people against one another.

Spaghetti might not have fit the Rush fan mold, but at least he was honest about who he was.

He was also a bit to honest in expressing his views of others. And i cannot recall a single nice thing he ever said, and he showed a gross lack of respect concerning other fans views and opinions.

• Like 3

He was also a bit to honest in expressing his views of others. And i cannot recall a single nice thing he ever said, and he showed a gross lack of respect concerning other fans views and opinions.

He showed a gross lack of respect concerning other fans views and opinions? Then he fit right in here.

He could be very nice, but you aren't in this section that much, Segue, so you probably missed those occasions.

He also had a good sense of humor, when he kept it within bounds.

Look, I know he went over the top, and he should not have written what he did, and that his humor could be gross and off, but tell me, does he make everyone else here feel better about themselves? Is that what this is all about?

• Like 1

He showed a gross lack of respect concerning other fans views and opinions? Then he fit right in here.

He could be very nice, but you aren't in this section that much, Segue, so you probably missed those occasions.

Look, I know he went over the top, and he should not have written what he did, and that his humor could be gross and off, but tell me, does he make everyone else here feel better about themselves? Is that what this is all about?

Don't get me wrong I liked him! But he could be really...stirring...

But never mind. I am not convinced he will never return.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I liked him! But he could be really...stirring...

But never mind. I am not convinced he will never return.

He was banned. It would have to be an alt.

It was a list of ten or so questions mostly relating to Neil's "friendship" with brutus. He put a lot of work into it. I had a feeling that I should screencap but it was already too late.

I saw it. I think the part that got him banned was about Neil's wife and Brutus (you remember his... fascination with Brutus, right?)

It was a list of ten or so questions mostly relating to Neil's "friendship" with brutus. He put a lot of work into it. I had a feeling that I should screencap but it was already too late.

Edited by savagegrace26

I kinda wish I had read it...what does that say about me?

And why do I miss him?

I always wondered if he wrote in his own sayings on these someecards.

Aww...I want Spaghetti

• Like 1

You have got to be kidding me. Why are you standing up for him? It's like an abused wife who thinks her husband wont keep beating her and will reform. There's just a certain amount of respect people should have when they post on a public forum. He had none of that.

• Like 3