Power Windows vs Permanent Waves

len(songs)

Which PW?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which album do YOU like more?

I understand where they are coming from, but they (especially Neil, who seems to get annoyed) appear not to understand the fans.

We listen; they create. It's like your children. The one that causes you the most heartache and worry tends to be your favorite. That's the way their albums/songs are with Rush. The songs that caused them the most to create are their favorites. Except Grace Under Pressure. Which was a nightmare to make all around.

I wasn't a fan of Grace Under Pressure when it came out. I was expecting another Signals kind of album. And remember I was a new fan and wasn't aware they changed their sound and approach after a couple of albums. 1984 turned out to not be a good year for me personally, so it didn't help matters.

I've written on here before that it was a bad, really bad, year for me as well. Lots of memories associated with that album and none of them good, but I still love Distant Early Warning, no matter what it reminds me of.

Not to sway this discussion, but despite my misgivings about Grace Under Pressure, I think 1984 had some of the best music of any decade.

They don't care for Presto at all.

Just proves my point further, lol

Mick

I love Presto.

• Like 1

Mick

I love Presto.

It don't prove n

Mick

Don't prove nothing. Artists are terrible judges of their own work.

Um, I think you're confused here. Last I checked Mick was a big fan of Presto.

Edited by len(songs)

Mick

I'm no lover of Presto, but I agree that it is quite underrated. It doesn't deserve to be at the bottom, at least..

And it sounds like they just really don't like the production but they like the songs....this is what they say:

According to Lee during the Rush in Rio concert (as well as the recent "Box Set" episode on VH1 Classic), "The Pass" is one of Rush's favourite songs. In a 2011 interview, Peart said of Presto: "That was an album that, for all of us, should have been so much better than it was... If we could do one [album] again, it would be that one, because we still love the songs from it, but... you can never make magic happen." [5]

Edited by savagegrace26

The only thing I remember was that Geddy suffered from illness throughout a good portion of the tour. Several shows were cancelled.

Mick

I love Presto.

Mick

Maybe. I don't have a file on him.

Edited by savagegrace26

Jus

Mick

I love Presto.

Mick

I am......Love Presto. I was saying i disagree with the boys on their opinion of it......if that even is their opiinion

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Jus

Mick

I love Presto.

Mick

I am......Love Presto. I was saying i disagree with the boys on their opinion of it......if that even is their opiinion

Mick

It is their opinion.

It is quoted in the Classic Rock Clockwork Angels special edition magazine.

• Like 1

Well then it's wrong, lol

Mick

Especially if they really rate T4E highly.

Eew. (Although I doooo like that album...in a bottom five kind of way).

• Like 1

Jus

Mick

I love Presto.

Mick

Mick

Do I have to post this again?

According to Lee during the Rush in Rio concert (as well as the recent "Box Set" episode on VH1 Classic), "The Pass" is one of Rush's favourite songs. In a 2011 interview, Peart said of Presto: "That was an album that, for all of us, should have been so much better than it was... If we could do one [album] again, it would be that one, because we still love the songs from it, but... you can never make magic happen." [5]

• Like 1

I understand where they are coming from, but they (especially Neil, who seems to get annoyed) appear not to understand the fans.

We listen; they create. It's like your children. The one that causes you the most heartache and worry tends to be your favorite. That's the way their albums/songs are with Rush. The songs that caused them the most to create are their favorites. Except Grace Under Pressure. Which was a nightmare to make all around.

They don't like GuP?

“I did some listening to ‘Between the Wheels’ and [other pieces on Grace Under Pressure a couple of months ago [in 2004], and I just love them. They’re really dense. Peter Henderson [who worked on the album] was a very good engineer. I do think he did a great job recording the album.”—Geddy in Contents Under Pressure

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong. :P

1. The Spirit of Radio

2. Jacob's Ladder

3. Natural Science

4. Marathon

5. Freewill

6. The Big Money

7. Mystic Rhythms

8. Grand Designs

9. Manhattan Project

10. Territories

11. Entre Nous

12. Middletown Dreams

13. Different Strings

14. Emotion Detector

The worst of Permanent Waves is worse than the worst of Power Windows. But with its lower lows, PeW has higher highs.

You put the lowest on PeW over the lowest on PoW :LOL:

Oh, I see. Oops. Emotion Detector should be #11. I think I just forgot it in the mix.

They don't like GuP?

“I did some listening to ‘Between the Wheels’ and [other pieces on Grace Under Pressure a couple of months ago [in 2004], and I just love them. They’re really dense. Peter Henderson [who worked on the album] was a very good engineer. I do think he did a great job recording the album.”—Geddy in Contents Under Pressure

Don't take it up with me, take it up with them. I'm telling you what I read.

What I found amazing to read is that they don't listen to their own music. Commenting on their albums, Alex said most of them (when they were trying to decide what to sing on the VT tour) they hadn't listened to in twenty years.

Edited by Lorraine

PeW

PoW

A small gun goes pew pew pew.. A big gun goes POW!!