What is the single most underrated Rush song?

Disk98

The Body Electric is another that I find to be very underrated, especially around here

I agree. It's a very visual song. Very much in the way Red Barchetta takes you along for the ride. Pun intended. :LOL:

Yeah, it must be the 1001 bit that turns people off, but in all honesty I think it's a prog masterpiece

I didn't really care for the song until I heard it live.

It's a GREAT live song...

• Like 2

There are a lot of underrated songs, it's so hard to choose just one. I'd say any song from Presto.

Emotion Detector is criminally underrated. Such a beautiful song, even the "cheesy" keyboard bit, I love it! One of top 10 for sure. Geddy shreds the bass hard Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 4

Red Tide.

I don't understand why nobody ever talks about this one. Great lyrics, amazing guitar, amazing drums.

It's weird. It's a masterpiece, as is the whole Presto album.

• Like 1

Red Tide.

I don't understand why nobody ever talks about this one. Great lyrics, amazing guitar, amazing drums.

It's weird. It's a masterpiece, as is the whole Presto album.

I talk about Red Tide all the time. Great tune with a great sense of urgency to it. I consider it one of the most underrated Rush songs.

And Presto is one of my favorite albums. In top 3 along with Permanent Waves and Signals. It is really an underappreciated work of art with great lyrical and musical imagery. It's one of their most "visual" and evocative albums.

• Like 1

Yeah Presto is really their most underrated work ever. Maybe it's the "thin" sound that puts people off.

Another weird thing is that Presto is pretty complex album. It's "hard to get" if you know what I mean. It seems to be poppy and catchy but it's really not.

I've been through Mahavishnu Orchestras, King Crimsons, Yes and all that... but still I think Presto is one of those records that required most repetations before "I got it". Weird.

Yes. Presto took a while to grow on me but when it did it was a revelation. The production was part of the reason why it didn't initially resonate with me and I'm sure that's a big reason why people are put off by the album. It could use a little more bottom end but the thin airiness does suit the material well and it is very crisp and clear sounding.
  • Like 1

Well, based on the sheer hate these two seem to get all the time...

Neurotica

Virtuality

They are probably my favourite songs on each of their respective albums...yet most can't stand them.

Other than that, coming off an album that most fans enjoy...

OPEN SECRETS

Amazing song...beautiful music, excellent lyrics, and an outstanding guitar solo.

HYF is an album that most fans hold in high regard...but this song is seemingly never one of the ones talked about. It's my personal favourite on HYF.

• Like 2

Well, based on the sheer hate these two seem to get all the time...

Neurotica

Virtuality

They are probably my favourite songs on each of their respective albums...yet most can't stand them.

Other than that, coming off an album that most fans enjoy...

OPEN SECRETS

Amazing song...beautiful music, excellent lyrics, and an outstanding guitar solo.

HYF is an album that most fans hold in high regard...but this song is seemingly never one of the ones talked about. It's my personal favourite on HYF.

Yes! Neurotica is so good! Same with Virtuality and Open Secrets. The guitar solo always gives me chills, the backing bass/drum groove is unbelievable
  • Like 1