Nothing like seeing them live in person

nicky6

I've never been to a Rush show, only having become a fan in late 2013. But I will trust you about this :)

you're lucky. the fact that you haven't seen them 50 times like everyone else here just makes you more likely to love them more when you do see them!

• Like 1

I doubt that I would have gotten into them as much as I did if I didn't see them live. And I was sitting in the nosebleeds at Nassau Colisruk that first time. They were smaller than GI Joe action figures on stage.

wouldn't it be great if we all had little GI Joe sized Rush clones? Id set up a nice little stage for them and they could play concerts all the time!
  • Like 3

THe live dvds/blu rays cant do them justice. theres nothing like seeing this band up close and in person can justify them. For all those who say they suck see em live, then tell me what you think.?

Are there people that say Rush sucks live? If so, they probably hate puppies as well. Don't trust 'em! Even if you don't like the music, Rush are incredible musicians and know how to put on an excellent stage show (to say nothing of the videos and theatrics that go on during the show!).

• Like 3

I doubt that I would have gotten into them as much as I did if I didn't see them live. And I was sitting in the nosebleeds at Nassau Colisruk that first time. They were smaller than GI Joe action figures on stage.

wouldn't it be great if we all had little GI Joe sized Rush clones? Id set up a nice little stage for them and they could play concerts all the time!

I'll take a set as well. I'd point a webcam at them and broadcast that on the TV behind them. My own Rush show! I bet little Geddy could hit those high notes again.

• Like 2

I'll take a set as well. I'd point a webcam at them and broadcast that on the TV behind them. My own Rush show! I bet little Geddy could hit those high notes again.

Oh yeah, you just KNOW Little Ged would be NAILING those high notes
  • Like 3

I've never been to a Rush show, only having become a fan in late 2013. But I will trust you about this :)

you're lucky. the fact that you haven't seen them 50 times like everyone else here just makes you more likely to love them more when you do see them!

The first time you see any band is bound to always be a special one I think. The first time I saw Rush, I almost felt like I was dreaming, but in a good way!

• Like 2

Oh yeah, you just KNOW Little Ged would be NAILING those high notes

You f*ckin psychopath.... :eh:

• Like 1

Yep, always been frustrated that the live albums have never truly captured the band, especially Alex's guitar which seemed to fly over your head . The Signals tour was liking having a religious experience, The Weapon middle section, words can't describe the feeling, think I was in tears. Edited by tas7
  • Like 2

No matter how many times I see them live, I can never get enough. I always save as much as I can, and then follow them around Europe. It's so great to see and hear them in different venues, see the interaction between the members, and between the members and the audience, and to notice little changes from night to night. What a band!
  • Like 1

Yep, always been frustrated that the live albums have never truly captured the band, especially Alex's guitar which seemed to fly over your head . The Signals tour was liking having a religious experience, The Weapon middle section, words can't describe the feeling, think I was in tears.

You certainly have my envy.

For me:

Seeing a band you love is pretty much a religious experience (SOCN beware).

With Rush being my favorite band growing up, there really isn't anything better (with the exception of hooking up with women that are well out of my league)

The fact that the boys can play what they do in the studio night after night with perfection is amazing. You know what you are going to get there best.

I listen to a lot of the 'jam bands'. I do wish that Rush would take a few chances and do more improvs ala By-Tor om ATWAS

For me:

With Rush being my favorite band growing up, there really isn't anything better (with the exception of hooking up with women that are well out of my league)

The fact that the boys can play what they do in the studio night after night with perfection is amazing. You know what you are going to get there best.

I listen to a lot of the 'jam bands'. I do wish that Rush would take a few chances and do more improvs ala By-Tor om ATWAS

I don't know. that ending to Closer To The Heart during the Test For Echo Tour is pretty much otherworldly.

For me:

I don't know. that ending to Closer To The Heart during the Test For Echo Tour is pretty much otherworldly.

I prefer the Show of Hands version of that, the DS version just feels like an unnecessary heavier retread.

• Like 1