Rush 70s VS Queen 70S

YYZumbi

48 members have voted

1. 1. Rush 70s VS Queen 70s

Queen is the one band I love more than Rush, in every era. Let's see...

Queen vs. Rush = Queen

Queen II vs. Fly By Night = Queen II

Sheer Heart Attack vs. Caress Of Steel = Sheer Heart Attack

A Night At The Opera vs. 2112 = I may have more copies of 2112 than any other album in three formats, have written a 4,000 word essay about the title track alone, and admit that if Cygnus X-1 Book I weren't my fav I would openly call 2112 the greatest thing rush had ever done, but A Night At The Opera IS my favorite album of all time ever, without question. A Night At The Opera

A Day At The Races vs. A Farewell To Kings = A Farewell To Kings, my favorite Rush album vs. the first Queen album I was slightly disappointed by

News Of The World vs. Hemispheres = News Of The World, revitalized Queen finally capitalizing on pretty much ruling the world vs. Rush's perfectly flawed masterpiece of prog, guess I'm just that much of a Queen fan.

Jazz vs. Permanent Waves = Permanent Waves

The Game vs. Moving Pictures = Moving Pictures

Hot Space vs. Signals = Signals

The Works vs. Grace Under Pressure = The Works, though neither is perfect.

A Kind Of Magic vs. Power Windows = Power Windows, too much filler on A Kind Of Magic, though both are incredible

The Miracle vs. Hold Your Fire = The Miracle, any day of the week

Innuendo vs. Presto = Innuendo, by a country mile

Made In Heaven vs. Roll The Bones = Made In Heaven, I can't bear to think about Roll The Bones most days.

As for the rest of Rush's career, it would trump Made In Heaven in total, for the record. Nevertheless, I love Queen more than Rush.

• Like 1

Does this mean we get to debate whether the obviously 70s album PeE was 70s or 80s again? Yay!!!!

If we make PeW a 70's album then Rush gets the nod.

Rush made PeW a 70s album. You know, cause, like, they made it in the 70s.

Goddamnit, sucked in again!

• Like 2

Queen was a singles band, even in their "prog" era. They rarely had more than 3 good songs on an album.

Queen - Keep Yourself Alive, Liar, Great King Rat, Son And Daughter

Queen II - Father To Son, Nevermore, Ogre Battle, The March Of The Black Queen

Sheer Heart Attack - Killer Queen, Brighton Rock, In The Lap Of The Gods...Revisted, Now I'm Here

A Night At The Opera - Bohemian Rhapsody, '39, The Prophet's Song, Death On Two Legs

A Day At The Races - The Millionaire Waltz, Somebody To Love, Tie Your Mother Down, You Take My Breath Away

News Of The World - It's Late, We Are The Champions, Spread Your Wings, My Melancholy Blues

Jazz - Jealousy, Don't Stop Me Now, Dead On Time, Dreamer's Ball

The Game - Play The Game, Another One Bites The Dust, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Save Me

(Skipping Flash)

Hot Space - Under Pressure, Life Is Real (Song For Lennon), Las Parablas De Amour, Staying Power

The Works - Radio Ga Ga, Hammer To Fall, I Want To Break Free, It's A Hard Life

A Kind Of Magic - One Vision, A Kind Of Magic, Who Wants To Live Forever, Princes Of The Universe

The Miracle - The Miracle, Was It All Worth It, I Want It All, Breakthru

Innuendo - Innuendo, I'm Going Slightly Mad, These Are The Days Of Our Lives, The Show Must Go On

Made In Heaven - It's A Beautiful Day, Made In Heaven, Too Much Love Will Kill You, I Was Born To Love You

Four truly great songs from each album (minus Flash), and trust me there are more than those.

Queen was a singles band, even in their "prog" era. They rarely had more than 3 good songs on an album.

Queen - 2

Queen II - 2

Sheer Heart Attack - 2

A Night At The Opera - 3

A Day At The Races - 4

News Of The World - 3

Jazz - 2

The Game - 4

Hot Space - 2

The Works - 3

A Kind Of Magic - 1

The Miracle - 2

Innuendo - 2

Made In Heaven - 3

Case in point.

Queen - 2

Queen II - 2

Sheer Heart Attack - 2

A Night At The Opera - 3

A Day At The Races - 4

News Of The World - 3

Jazz - 2

The Game - 4

Hot Space - 2

The Works - 3

A Kind Of Magic - 1

The Miracle - 2

Innuendo - 2

Made In Heaven - 3

Case in point.

Disagreed.

Sheer Heart Attack - Killer Queen, Brighton Rock, In The Lap Of The Gods...Revisted, Now I'm Here

A Night At The Opera - Bohemian Rhapsody, '39, The Prophet's Song, Death On Two Legs

A Day At The Races - The Millionaire Waltz, Somebody To Love, Tie Your Mother Down, You Take My Breath Away

News Of The World - It's Late, We Are The Champions, Spread Your Wings, My Melancholy Blues

The Game - Play The Game, Another One Bites The Dust, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Save Me

(Skipping Flash)

Hot Space - Under Pressure, Life Is Real (Song For Lennon), Las Parablas De Amour, Staying Power

A Kind Of Magic - One Vision, A Kind Of Magic, Who Wants To Live Forever, Princes Of The Universe

Innuendo - Innuendo, I'm Going Slightly Mad, These Are The Days Of Our Lives, The Show Must Go On

Made In Heaven - It's A Beautiful Day, Made In Heaven, Too Much Love Will Kill You, I Was Born To Love You

Four truly great songs from each album (minus Flash), and trust me there are more than those.

Truly great is highly subjective. Many of those songs you listed are only truly great to a big time Queen fan

(Skipping Flash)

Truly great is highly subjective. Many of those songs you listed are only truly great to a big time Queen fan

You speak as though any of our opinions could ever be objective.

• Like 1

Rush. I don't like Freddie's voice.

Sorry..what?!?

Ahem. HE SAID... HE. DOESNT. LIKE. FREDDIES. VOICE!!!

You spelled "Freddie's" wrong. It needs an apostrophe.

Love both bands, but Rush a little more.

But in my book 70's Rush beat 70's Queen by a small margin, 70's Queen beat 80's Rush by a fair margin and 80's Rush beat 80's Queen.

So my answer to this topic is Rush.

..and if Queen wants to beat RUSH they need a time machine