Dear Summer

Mara

Mara, I think you hurt summer's feelings. It was 47 northwest of Chicago this morning when I woke up! :o

Haha, it was somewhere in the thirties here. Had to dig out my thermals this morning. :)

Yeah,

That sh** is starting here. It is a beautiful day though. :sundog:

Mara, I think you hurt summer's feelings. It was 47 northwest of Chicago this morning when I woke up! :o

Haha, it was somewhere in the thirties here. Had to dig out my thermals this morning. :)

Yeah,

Here too. Blue sky and plenty of sunshine.

• Like 1

Yeah,

Here too. Blue sky and plenty of sunshine.

Perfect for fall trout fishing!! :haz: :7up:

• Like 1

Dear summer.......you weren't really f*ckin' summer this year on LI.

what a rip off!!!!!!!

I gotta now deal with winter and snow.......and my chair doesn't have snow tires.

Bite me.

Mick

Milwaukee had 0 days with an official high in the 90s.

Everybody around here says its so hot in Myrtle Beach. I have lived here almost 15 years now and have never once seen it 100 degrees. Spend a late July and August in the D.C area and its 10 times worse with heat and humidity. Now inland S.C is another matter. It can climb over 100 for sure once in a while toward Columbia etc. The weather here at the beach is just fine with me.... :sundog:

Yes, NJ, Baltimore, and even Charleston, WV can be absolutely miserable in the summer.

What's really f*cked up for us East coasters is to go out west. Beach use there is no humidity and the wind is blowing you think it isn't hot.

WRONG.

We all had to deliver a golf course in St. GEORGE, UT, one time and we're working all day to unload the new carts and help tear down and reload the old carts to go back. We thought it was nice outside. It was actually 100 degrees, and we all got burned and dehydrated and didn't even know it, because we never broke a sweat.

Very dangerous. I don't think anyone made it more than an hour down the road that night.

what a rip off!!!!!!!

I gotta now deal with winter and snow.......and my chair doesn't have snow tires.

Bite me.

Mick

Everybody around here says its so hot in Myrtle Beach. I have lived here almost 15 years now and have never once seen it 100 degrees. Spend a late July and August in the D.C area and its 10 times worse with heat and humidity. Now inland S.C is another matter. It can climb over 100 for sure once in a while toward Columbia etc. The weather here at the beach is just fine with me.... :sundog:

Yes, NJ, Baltimore, and even Charleston, WV can be absolutely miserable in the summer.

What's really f*cked up for us East coasters is to go out west. Beach use there is no humidity and the wind is blowing you think it isn't hot.

WRONG.

We all had to deliver a golf course in St. GEORGE, UT, one time and we're working all day to unload the new carts and help tear down and reload the old carts to go back. We thought it was nice outside. It was actually 100 degrees, and we all got burned and dehydrated and didn't even know it, because we never broke a sweat.

Very dangerous. I don't think anyone made it more than an hour down the road that night.

It's a dry heat! :sundog:

As I was driving to work this morning, fifty-nine degrees (that's fifteen degrees, for those of you in Centigrade lands), and grey skies. Nearly perfect. The only thing to make it better would be some rain.

Bring on the English weather! I'm so ready for it!

No, apparently I've only pissed it off and it is targeting me specifically.

It is 89 here today, feels like 93, and there's steam everywhere from the stupid intermittent showers. If I wanted this kind of crap I'd move to Florida, where at least they've got beaches.

It feels really chilly here today. I think it's around 60. I hate being cold.

Perfect for fishing!! :D

I wish I had you to go fishing with. Nobody I know likes to do it.

• Like 1

what a rip off!!!!!!!

Bite me.

Mick

WRONG.

It's a dry heat! :sundog:

So is your oven. ;)

Maybe some day you will be up this way. It would blow your mind!! :D :haz:

• Like 1

I know some really good fishing spots in western PA and eastern ohio

• Like 1

I love summer. It sucks when the days get shorter. August does kind of suck, just because by then the lakes are so warm and full of weeds, fishing pretty much stinks at that point.

June and July are great. Just looked at our forecast - mid 80s and drier for the near foreseable future :)

• Like 2

what a rip off!!!!!!!

Bite me.

Mick

I wish I had known you lived in Myrtle Beach. Sundog, the kids and I were there for a week at the end of August. It would have been cool to meet up.

what a rip off!!!!!!!

Bite me.

Mick

I wish I had known you lived in Myrtle Beach. Sundog, the kids and I were there for a week at the end of August. It would have been cool to meet up.

Anytime. I am always available.... :)

what a rip off!!!!!!!

Bite me.

Mick

Anytime. I am always available.... :)

Thats what she said. :LOL: :P

I know some really good fishing spots in western PA and eastern ohio

Oh really? Do tell. :)