How much longer can Ged hold on?

My friend's mom went to go see Black Sabbath back in the 70's and they had this relatively unknown band open for them. The crowd loved them so much they started crying for them to come back after Black Sabbath took the stage.

It was a band called Kansas.

I saw Van Halen open for Black Sabbath. I think it was '78. Van Halen blew them off the stage.

• Like 1

Troutman, Alex would not be happy to see that you don't support his band...

It's not that at all,

I just don't think at this point of there career they need an opeing act. If they ever did, it would have to some one like UFO or a band that they toured with back in the 70's. Otherwise, I would wait outside until the opening act was over.

There are plenty of bands I would like to see open up for RUSH mainly:

Triumph & Zebra both three piece bands and semi-progressive. Other than that maybe Fates Warning or Saga but honestly, I'd prefer an Evening with RUSH every time. They just have way to many songs and if Geddy isn't comfortable singing some stuff, they could always supplement their setlists with instrumentals or Instrumedleys of older stuff. The R30 Instrumedley was great. This could be great as well:

Triumph Yikes! A second rate band who's career was bought by a rich father :)

If going to go an older root then it should be Max Webster if would get back together or then just Kim Mitchell

Obviously, Geddy's voice is declining. I'm not bashing, I think he still sounds fine. The question must be asked though, what's the max number of tours he's got left? I'd say 3 at the very most, probably only 2

But for singers, there are so many tricks to "fake it." Such as, lowering the overall pitch of the song, switching octaves while singing, flip yodels, not singing the whole song, avoiding certain songs, etc.

And if all else fails, Ged can break out the Auto-Tune! The kids won't notice!

Triumph & Zebra both three piece bands and semi-progressive. Other than that maybe Fates Warning or Saga but honestly, I'd prefer an Evening with RUSH every time. They just have way to many songs and if Geddy isn't comfortable singing some stuff, they could always supplement their setlists with instrumentals or Instrumedleys of older stuff. The R30 Instrumedley was great. This could be great as well:

Just curious, but why would you want any band to open for Rush, rather than seeing both bands on their own?

I would love to but when was the last time you saw Triumph or Zebra.....On their own?

• Like 1

Just curious, but why would you want any band to open for Rush, rather than seeing both bands on their own?

I would love to but when was the last time you saw Triumph or Zebra.....On their own?

Triumph would be great. They have some magic power

• Like 2

It's not that at all,

I just don't think at this point of there career they need an opeing act. If they ever did, it would have to some one like UFO or a band that they toured with back in the 70's. Otherwise, I would wait outside until the opening act was over.

If going to go an older root then it should be Max Webster if would get back together or then just Kim Mitchell

Triumph was hardly second rate, just no where as good a s RUSH!

• Like 1

Not anymore...I listened to one of their performances from their 2008 reunion and they sound pretty bad. Rik's voice is in worse shape than Geddy on the Time Machine DVD. Gil sounds good and their playing is good, especially Rik's guitar, but damn his voice really drags the performance down.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

It's not that at all,

Triumph Yikes! A second rate band

Ever listen to Thunder Seven? Have you seen their performance at the '83 US Festival?

Apparently not.

• Like 1

Not anymore...I listened to one of their performances from their 2008 reunion and they sound pretty bad. Rik's voice is in worse shape than Geddy on the Time Machine DVD. Gil sounds good and their playing is good, especially Rik's guitar, but damn his voice really drags the performance down.

Haven't seen that. Always thought Gil was underrated as vocalist and drummer.

• Like 2

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

Embrujo/ Play Fire with Fire

All The Kings Horses/ Carry on The Flame

Tears in the Rain

A World of Fantasy

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

Then :rush: for 2-1/2 hours!

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

It's not that at all,

Triumph Yikes! A second rate band

Ever listen to Thunder Seven? Have you seen their performance at the '83 US Festival?

Apparently not.

There best album ever, not a bad song on that disc!

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

A World of Fantasy

Tears in the Rain

Embrujo/ All The Kings Horses

Carry on The Flame

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

All I'd wanna hear from Triumph:

Lay It On The Line

Magic Power

I Live For The Weekend

Never Surrender

When The Lights Go Down

Fight The Good Fight

Nothing else please...

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

A World of Fantasy

Tears in the Rain

Carry on The Flame

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

Lay It On The Line

Magic Power

I Live For The Weekend

Never Surrender

When The Lights Go Down

Fight The Good Fight

Nothing else please...

Sir, you don't know Triumph, like I know Triumph!

Here's Headed for Nowhere: Just listen to the lead. Rik battle's it out with Steve Morse

https://www.youtube....h?v=ITvkrxGvxlY

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 2

Haven't seen that. Always thought Gil was underrated as vocalist and drummer.

Its not as bad as he's making out to be:

• Like 2

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

Embrujo/ Play Fire with Fire

All The Kings Horses/ Carry on The Flame

Tears in the Rain

A World of Fantasy

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

Great list,

But Stranger In A Strange Land has to be on it. :haz:

• Like 2

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

A World of Fantasy

Tears in the Rain

Carry on The Flame

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

Lay It On The Line

Magic Power

I Live For The Weekend

Never Surrender

When The Lights Go Down

Fight The Good Fight

Nothing else please...

Seriously?

They have a sh** load of tunes that are just as good as those.

• Like 2

It's not that at all,

:facepalm: :smoke:

• Like 2

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

A World of Fantasy

Tears in the Rain

Carry on The Flame

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

Lay It On The Line

Magic Power

I Live For The Weekend

Never Surrender

When The Lights Go Down

Fight The Good Fight

Nothing else please...

Seriously?

Hey Bowl...Thunder Seven...gotta get it...like now.

• Like 2

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

A World of Fantasy

Tears in the Rain

Carry on The Flame

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

Lay It On The Line

Magic Power

I Live For The Weekend

Never Surrender

When The Lights Go Down

Fight The Good Fight

Nothing else please...

Seriously?

No Sh**

My favorite!! :haz:

• Like 2

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

A World of Fantasy

Tears in the Rain

Carry on The Flame

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

Lay It On The Line

Magic Power

I Live For The Weekend

Never Surrender

When The Lights Go Down

Fight The Good Fight

Nothing else please...

Seriously?

No Sh**

It holds its own against any record from the era. Well produced. Best sounding bass Triumph ever had. Flawless. Rik's voice and guitar work are top notch. His voice is so golden. Emmett is a great, great guitarist but his voice is a gift from God.

• Like 3

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

A World of Fantasy

Tears in the Rain

Carry on The Flame

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

Lay It On The Line

Magic Power

I Live For The Weekend

Never Surrender

When The Lights Go Down

Fight The Good Fight

Nothing else please...

Seriously?

No Sh**

It holds its own against any record from the era. Well produced. Best sounding bass Triumph ever had. Flawless. Rik's voice and guitar work are top notch. His voice is so golden. Emmett is a great, great guitarist but his voice is a gift from God.

:goodone:

Damn right!!

Rik Emmett is the man. :haz: I can still remember the day I first heard this album. They came up here in the early 80's. A friend and I were painting his Apt. We were listening to the interview on the radio a day before the concert. We were thinking, should we go down there and try to meet them. We did, in his 1977 Nova. We met Emmett & Levine as they were leaving the station. Talked a bit. I got there Autographs. Still have them!! :7up: :D

• Like 4

My friend's mom went to go see Black Sabbath back in the 70's and they had this relatively unknown band open for them. The crowd loved them so much they started crying for them to come back after Black Sabbath took the stage.

It was a band called Kansas.

I saw Van Halen open for Black Sabbath. I think it was '78. Van Halen blew them off the stage.

My father saw that tour, and said the same exact thing!

• Like 2

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

A World of Fantasy

Tears in the Rain

Carry on The Flame

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

Lay It On The Line

Magic Power

I Live For The Weekend

Never Surrender

When The Lights Go Down

Fight The Good Fight

Nothing else please...

Seriously?

Hold On is a glorious tune. As is Just A Game.

• Like 2

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

A World of Fantasy

Tears in the Rain

Carry on The Flame

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

Lay It On The Line

Magic Power

I Live For The Weekend

Never Surrender

When The Lights Go Down

Fight The Good Fight

Nothing else please...

Seriously?

Hold On is a glorious tune. As is Just A Game.

What about "Rocky Mountain Way?"...... :|
  • Like 2