Favorite Rush Guilty Pleasure?

Geddy's Soul Patch

A lot of my guilty pleasures didn't feel so guilty until I learned that so many here hate these songs, but I like most of the slow songs from the first 8 albums: Tears, Rivendell, Entre Nous, Madigral and Different Strings. I'm not saying that all the songs are great, but I enjoy them all. I'll add Tai Shan (which I'm biased for because it brings me so clearly back to my time there), Halo Effect (which seems to take a lot of shit here), Bravado (which has great lyrics) and The Color of Right (ditto, plus it rocks for a slow song). For faster songs, I still love all of T4E, which also seems much-hated on TRF, and Vapor Trails (ditto).
  • Like 1

I've liked

In the Mood, Need Some Love, Red Lenses, High Water, Superconductor, RTB (yes, the rap too), You Bet Your Life, Neurotica, Speed Of Love, Larger Bowl, Bravest Face, Wish Them Well and the original VT album from the first time I heard them and never felt guilty for one damn minute :madra:

:D

:7up:

Edited by Pause Rewind Replay

I've liked

In the Mood, Need Some Love, Red Lenses, High Water, Superconductor, RTB (yes, the rap too), You Bet Your Life, Neurotica, Speed Of Love, Larger Bowl, Bravest Face, Wish Them Well and the original VT album from the first time I heard them and never felt guilty for one damn minute :madra:

:D

:7up:

Yeah I think I have to add You Bet Your Life to my list as well. I think you're the first person I've ever seen compliment it on here :LOL:

Scars a guilty pleasure? Never thought of it as one to be honest but I love Scars...

I've got nothing to hide about which songs I like...it's what it is, I like them or I don't. But anyway, it's a long list but w/e

Chemistry

Countdown

Red Lenses

Second Nature

War Paint

The Big Wheel

Heresy

Everyday Glory

The Color of Right

Totem

Limbo

How It Is

Bravest Face

I just finished listening to scars on decent headphones. I love them drums!! I've got to learn that on my old Ludwig acoustic somehow lol

I got hooked on Dog Years from watching Peart's 'a work in progress' videos. Try it. I DARE ya!! Lol Edited by MMCXII

Dare I say 'Second Nature'.. I love the lyrics

Dare you not say Second Nature!

Everything about HYF is perfection and to claim otherwise will...oooh cupcakes...

This is true. I have a few guilty pleasures on HYF. Second Nature, Mission. Since the album isn't considered to be that good, I guess these would be considered guilty pleasures..... :)

Hold Your Fire is my personal favourite Rush album, equal to AFTK.

Scars a guilty pleasure? Never thought of it as one to be honest but I love Scars...

I've got nothing to hide about which songs I like...it's what it is, I like them or I don't. But anyway, it's a long list but w/e

Chemistry

Countdown

Red Lenses

Second Nature

War Paint

The Big Wheel

Heresy

Everyday Glory

The Color of Right

Totem

Limbo

How It Is

Bravest Face

I used to love Bravest Face. But within a few listens, it had plunged down to my bottom 10 Rush songs...

The opposite happened to me. It was kind of in the background for me really, and then one day out of nowhere it finally clicked with me.

I have a few

Rivendell

Madrigal

Losing it

Emotion Detector

Chain Lighting

Presto

Roll the Bones

Test for Echo

Losing it is NOT a GUILTY pleasure. That song is not only magnificent but revered. I think a guilty pleasure would be a song that is looked down on or considered sub par but you like to listen to it... or something like that.

For that matter Rivendell and Madrigal, I don't think would be guilty either.

The Roll the Bones rap

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared0016.gif

• Like 1

Ok just to clarify. In order for a song to be considered a guilty pleasure you don't actually have to feel guilty about it. I should have phrased differently I guess, but I meant more like "what songs do you like that everybody else would give you shit for?"

Ok just to clarify. In order for a song to be considered a guilty pleasure you don't actually have to feel guilty about it. I should have phrased differently I guess, but I meant more like "what songs do you like that everybody else would give you shit for?"

I get that but it seems that people here will find a way to give you crap for anything you like. And every song has it's fans.

Anyway, based on my experiences here this is what I'd most likely get "shit" for liking even though they are all good to great songs:

Red Lenses

Second Nature

Tai Shan

Scars

Anagram (for Mongo)

Red Tide

Hand Over Fist

The Big Wheel

Heresy

Nobody's Hero

Cold Fire

The Color of Right

Totem

Virtuality

Out of the Cradle

Bravest Face

Good News First

I have a few

Rivendell

Madrigal

Losing it

Emotion Detector

Chain Lighting

Presto

Roll the Bones

Test for Echo

Losing it is NOT a GUILTY pleasure. That song is not only magnificent but revered. I think a guilty pleasure would be a song that is looked down on or considered sub par but you like to listen to it... or something like that.

For that matter Rivendell and Madrigal, I don't think would be guilty either.

Neither would Presto, Chain Lightning, Test for Echo, and Emotion Detector. Yes, they have their detractors (like all songs do) but the admirers seem to greatly outnumber them.

• Like 2

I am just gonna lay this one out there...

Until about 6 years ago, listening to Rush on any level, let alone being a diehard fan was a guilty pleasure.

Colbert and I Love You Man turned the tide and people finally had to accept the guys sold a bazillion albums for a reason.

• Like 3

I am just gonna lay this one out there...

Until about 6 years ago, listening to Rush on any level, let alone being a diehard fan was a guilty pleasure.

Colbert and I Love You Man turned the tide and people finally had to accept the guys sold a bazillion albums for a reason.

..and 'Beyond the Lighted Stage'

Okay...Okay...here goes: I like "Tai Shan." I think it fits in perfectly with the rest of the album and I think the line, "I heard the hope and the hunger" is one of Neil's best. And for crying out loud...where can you get a tutorial on how to get these $#$@& emoticans to work??
  • Like 1

Okay...Okay...here goes: I like "Tai Shan." I think it fits in perfectly with the rest of the album and I think the line, "I heard the hope and the hunger" is one of Neil's best. And for crying out loud...where can you get a tutorial on how to get these $#$@& emoticans to work??

Are you on mobile?

Are you on mobile?

Ni sir, desktop. They've worked for me before, but now they're "blacked-out."