Rush & Love

savagegrace26

What is the best love-themed Rush song?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best love-themed Rush song?

• Need Some Love
    • In the Mood
    • Panacea
    • Tears
    • Madrigal
    • Entre Nous
    • Different Strings
    • Emotion Detector
    • Open Secrets
    • The Big Wheel
    • Ghost of a Chance
    • The Speed of Love
    • Cold Fire
    • Secret Touch
    • Sweet Miracle
    • Halo Effect
    • Other

Different Strings, Open Secrets, and Ghost of a Chance are all near great for me.

I'm going with Open Secrets. One of their more underrated songs. I don't want to feed Ghost of a Chance's alleged overratedness.

• Like 1

Halo Effect is a beautiful song. It was the first song on Clockwork Angels that stood out to me on my first listen..... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 6

Hmm... I have an emotional connection to ‘Tears’, ‘Different Strings’, and ‘Open Secrets’, so deciding between those three particular songs was extremely difficult. I chose ‘Tears’, because that song probably means the most to me.

When I first saw this I thought it had something to do with a late 60's psychedelic band. :P

I remember them fondly. Bought their first album in 1968. :)

‘Andmoreagain’ is a very lovely song, I think.

• Like 1

Well, 2112 was my first Rush album (actually one of my first albums that I owned at all, along with Queen and Queen II), and I have a special to connection to pretty much every song on the album, but Tears has always been the one I've listened too the least...which makes it so much more beautiful every time I hear it. It takes me right back to the start of my Freshman year after the summer when I bought 2112 on iTunes, sitting in resource listening to the only albums I had on my iPad, finding ways to pass the time productively. It's always been so beautiful to me, and the perfect lead up to one of the album's best moments: "Something For Nothing." Of course, I love Halo Effect, Madrigal, and Different Strings quite a bit too.

It takes me right back to the start of my Freshman year after the summer when I bought 2112 on iTunes, sitting in resource listening to the only albums I had on my iPad.

My GOD nothing, and I mean NOTHING has EVER made me felt so old as THIS one sentence. NOTHING!!!!!!!!

PHRUCK!!!!!!

It takes me right back to the start of my Freshman year after the summer when I bought 2112 on iTunes, sitting in resource listening to the only albums I had on my iPad.

My GOD nothing, and I mean NOTHING has EVER made me felt so old as THIS one sentence. NOTHING!!!!!!!!

PHRUCK!!!!!!

Yep, takes me back to the time when I was sitting in my room listening to the LP on the turntable with headphones on and it was state of the art technology.

Entre Nous proves to be their only acceptable love song in terms of being a good love song.

This isn't to say the rest of the songs on the poll are bad (though many are), just not good by a "love song" standard

Love song standard? Most mainstream "love songs" are superficial fluff while most of the Rush "love songs" are about intropspection and the complications with love and relationships. This poll isn't about a love song "standard" but the best song that has a relationship/love theme.

Tough. I love Halo Effect, but I've gotta hand it to Ghost of a Chance. Both songs are haunting and beautiful, but GOAC wins for its excellent solo. It almost sounds like crying to me…it's just brilliant.
  • Like 2

Ghost of a Chance wins for me. Just love that song. That slow strum that Alex does on the guitar during the "state of grace" lyric gives me chills.
  • Like 3