2014-15 NHL Season thread

I can't believe they won. :) Still, after seeing last night's game, we're a definite underdog in this series. :(

The team with the sissiest name in pro sports are surely one of the toughest. It's like the Hawks are an AHL team playing an NHL team right now, but Crawford really showed he was freakin money.

Now that I said that, he'll have one of his shit the bed, get shelled for five goals games next time out

I can't believe they won. :) Still, after seeing last night's game, we're a definite underdog in this series. :(

I'm not sure I agree with you Robert. We handed the Ducks their first home ice loss of the playoffs. We now are in a best of 5 series, where we have home ice advantage. And keep in mind, Kane has been a non-factor in the series so far, but that won't continue. He's too talented. He's disappeared in the playoffs before. I believe that happened in the Detroit series in 2013, and when he did find himself, that gave the hawks the momentum to come back against the Red Wings and ultimately win the cup.

I'm not saying that the Hawks will dominate the Ducks, but lets not pretend that the Ducks have the upper hand in this series.

• Like 2

Winner of the Mike Babcock sweepstakes is apparently the Leafs (I'm hearing 8 years at 50 million)

That is a lot of money ... but should make the Leafs fans happy

Winner of the Mike Babcock sweepstakes is apparently the Leafs (I'm hearing 8 years at 50 million)

That is a lot of money ... but should make the Leafs fans happy

They are already planning the parade route for the Stanley cup.... As I'm not a leafs fan, it amuses me what a big story this is... Top news story, the real news doesn't matter. Maybe Mike will do better than Carlyle, Maurice, Wilson, etc. I hope he likes microscopes

I agree But it would be nice to be wrong.

For anyone who stayed up, what time did the game end last night?

After 1:00

Ugggh, did you actually stay up and then go to work?

I am with ILSnowdog...we held these guys off and kept cycling the puck and coming back with scoring chances after they hit the post. I think it was an impressive display by the team all the critics thought couldn't keep up with the Ducks. They were wrong. Now they are going home and Kane will start getting better chances because Q will have the last call on line matchups.. I am psyched for our guys. Just hope they got a good rest after that marathon :popcorn:

I'd like to be wrong but Kane is having problems getting through the forest of Anaheim trees to create anything. We won that game yesterday because the Ducks had about four posts and two crossbars. The Hawks were getting embarrassed in their zone, unable to stop Perry and co from keeping the puck at will. Playing with basically four, a lot shorter D-men didn't help matters. I don't see how that's about to change. At least we don't have to worry about that "fart horn" and the bad Manowar celebration song until Monday.

Stamkos halves the lead.

4-3 Bolts now. They need like a 6-goal lead with five minutes to go to be safe.

Lol, too true. It's so hard to watch this without having a heart attack. I'm obviously rooting for the bolts but I'm not sure anyone can take the Ducks in a series. They look fantastic. I heard a caller on local sports radio today that is rooting for the Hawks because they want the Lightning to go through 4/6 of the original 6 to get cup. Of course he was reminded that the bolts should possibly worry about the Rangers for now.

Ugggh, did you actually stay up and then go to work?

I finally fell asleep about 1:45 and my alarm goes off at 5:30

It was a long day today

• Like 1

I'd like to be wrong but Kane is having problems getting through the forest of Anaheim trees to create anything. We won that game yesterday because the Ducks had about four posts and two crossbars. The Hawks were getting embarrassed in their zone, unable to stop Perry and co from keeping the puck at will. Playing with basically four, a lot shorter D-men didn't help matters. I don't see how that's about to change. At least we don't have to worry about that "fart horn" and the bad Manowar celebration song until Monday.

Kane might get some better matchups at home ... he played started getting some better chances as game 2 went along. I think he will get it going, it seems like he always does.

I'll say this too, Teuvo has been playing really well, he plays a lot older than he actually is.

• Like 1