What are you're ten least favorite Rush songs?

savagegrace26

Arg not all Rush fans have to love the same songs!

Yadda yadda yadda

Rant over. I am so eloquent!

Not true. Ya must ADORE Hemispheres or your fired from life!!!!

Mick

I might not love Hemispheres. But the only Yes album I like is Tales From Topographic Oceans. And everyone seems to diss that album!

So meh...whatever.

Be prepared to write an essay as to why you like it and what there is to like about it. The elite would like to know. :madra:

You can borrow mine if you need it. It is committed to memory but I can jot it down for you. :D

A picture is worth a thousand words. Or two. I'll just borrow your Avatar. Geddy's finger says it all.

• Like 1

Yadda yadda yadda

Mick

I might not love Hemispheres. But the only Yes album I like is Tales From Topographic Oceans. And everyone seems to diss that album!

So meh...whatever.

:o Say what?......
  • Like 1

Yadda yadda yadda

Mick

So meh...whatever.

I said that the only Yes album I like is Tales From Topographic Oceans. You know, as in "the only one I like". Topographic Oceans.

Yeah. I like that one. Did you know it was the only Yes album I like? The Ocean record? Yeah...

...I like that one.

Yadda yadda yadda

Mick

So meh...whatever.

I said that the only Yes album I like is Tales From Topographic Oceans. You know, as in "the only one I like". Topographic Oceans.

Yeah. I like that one. Did you know it was the only Yes album I like? The Ocean record? Yeah...

...I like that one.

Thanks for clarifying that for me as I was a bit confused for a moment....

Yadda yadda yadda

Mick

So meh...whatever.

...I like that one.

Thanks for clarifying that for me as I was a bit confused for a moment....

Thats ok. As long as you realise that the only Yes album I like is Tales From Topographic Oceans. Its gotta be said, that is one album I do like! Ha! Well as long as you know. Oh boy I do like that album...

Yadda yadda yadda

Mick

Hooray! You finally came around! I'm so happy for you becau... oh, wait... sarcasm.

Carry on.

• Like 2

Yadda yadda yadda

No, but Hemispheres can't be in your bottom 10 songs. That's all.

Yadda yadda yadda

Mick

Hooray! You finally came around! I'm so happy for you becau... oh, wait... sarcasm.

Carry on.

Lol....that really made me laugh. :LOL:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Yadda yadda yadda

No, but Hemispheres can't be in your bottom 10 songs. That's all.

Aww sorry. I like most of my bottom ten...if that helps at all...

Even if you HATE "Hemispheres," how in the HELL can you not like "The Sphere"??!?!!!!!!!?!??!?!???!?!??!!!?!!!!?!!??!

how can't you like the WHOLE THING

If they heard it on red vinyl they'd change their minds pretty quick, I bet.

I wouldn't change my mind. My problem with the song is not the playing. Its structure is all over the place, it has no hooks, the vocals are garishly high (sorry, but he has been high and sounded great. This is just shrill), and even though I really enjoy the song in the right mood, it just feels like hard work. The other epic songs take no effort on my part to love. Hemispheres is just hard work. So glad they put a stop to the epics.

I expect the usual glut of messages telling me I am wrong, not a true Rush fan, have no taste...yada yada yada...sorry but to all of you I say "meh".

Missed this yesterday.

*ahem*

How dare you!!! All over the place and no hooks? Those harmonics in the prelude are not only a glorious hook but they are prevalent in the whole song. And his vocals are outstanding on that whole record with a gorgeous melody line.

All over the place. :facepalm: Why I outta...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/newsroom-throwing-blackberry.gif

Yadda yadda yadda

Mick

So meh...whatever.

Topographic Oceans is brilliant, and there are plenty of fans of it round these parts.
  • Like 1

Why do some people like The Speed Of Love anyway? I'm just wondering what there is to like about it...

Who do people hate The Fountain of Lamneth?

Why do people love Snakes and Arrows?

Why do I love The Speed of Love? Because I am a musical idiot with the worst taste in music which qualifies me for the last spot on the Rush Fan List.

Hardly. Why do I think Lessons is one the best a "coolest" songs they ever did?..... :huh:

Why do I feel the need to throw people down a flight of stairs for not liking Hemispheres... oh, wait. Everybody should like Hemispheres!

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2013/7/21/rose_racoon.gif

Shot fired.

• Like 1

Even if you HATE "Hemispheres," how in the HELL can you not like "The Sphere"??!?!!!!!!!?!??!?!???!?!??!!!?!!!!?!!??!

I wouldn't change my mind. My problem with the song is not the playing. Its structure is all over the place, it has no hooks, the vocals are garishly high (sorry, but he has been high and sounded great. This is just shrill), and even though I really enjoy the song in the right mood, it just feels like hard work. The other epic songs take no effort on my part to love. Hemispheres is just hard work. So glad they put a stop to the epics.

I expect the usual glut of messages telling me I am wrong, not a true Rush fan, have no taste...yada yada yada...sorry but to all of you I say "meh".

Missed this yesterday.

*ahem*

How dare you!!! All over the place and no hooks? Those harmonics in the prelude are not only a glorious hook but they are prevalent in the whole song. And his vocals are outstanding on that whole record with a gorgeous melody line.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/newsroom-throwing-blackberry.gif

Good for you.

Glad you like it.

Yawn.

• Like 2

Missed this yesterday.

*ahem*

Good for you.

Glad you like it.

Yawn.

Great for me!! :7up:

Missed this yesterday.

*ahem*

Good for you.

Glad you like it.

Yawn.

Great for me!! :7up:

C'mon guys...lets all get along now why don't we....like :musicnote: a single perfect sphere :musicnote:
  • Like 1

Okay, I just listened to The Fountain for God knows why, and you may not like this but my list has changed:

10-8 are the same

2. The Fountain of Lamneth

1. Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

Yeah…so I'll be hiding from Kenny if you guys need me.

• Like 3

For those who don't like Hemisperes, if you had in your hands the beautiful red color vinyl, you would have love it. A thing of beauty!
  • Like 1

I'm trying YL. I really want them to come around. There is something they're missing. :facepalm:

I feel stupid asking but what is YL?..... :smash:
  • Like 1

Okay, I just listened to The Fountain for God knows why, and you may not like this but my list has changed:

10-8 are the same

2. The Fountain of Lamneth

1. Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

Yeah…so I'll be hiding from Kenny if you guys need me.

Um.......yea run. It's dangerous.

Mick

• Like 1

I'm trying YL. I really want them to come around. There is something they're missing. :facepalm:

That would be me :hi: :LOL:
  • Like 1

That would be me :hi: :LOL:

Oops..... :blush: :ph34r:
  • Like 1