What are you're ten least favorite Rush songs?

savagegrace26

Some folks loves ham hocks, and some folks loves pork chops, and some folks loves vegetable soup . . .

(name that tune)

The Speed Of Love?...

Close. Different band, though. Almost as awesome as Rush.

Yes?... :)

Someone'll know it. A related theme - also about the speed of love, especially "after the show"...

Why do some people like The Speed Of Love anyway? I'm just wondering what there is to like about it...

May I direct your attention to another thread about this very issue . . . all 17 pages of it . . .

• Like 1

Why do some people like The Speed Of Love anyway? I'm just wondering what there is to like about it...

Alex has some fantastically beautiful guitar work on it, Neil and Geddy are locked into a nice groove, and Geddy sings gorgeously
  • Like 1

May I direct your attention to another thread about this very issue . . . all 17 pages of it . . .

Yeah, I've read through that... The only thing I could find was that one of the lines of the lyrics was good (namely "we don't have to..."). Is there any other reason?

EDIT: DISCLAIMER: This was posted before I saw GSP's comment.

Edited by len(songs)

Some folks loves ham hocks, and some folks loves pork chops, and some folks loves vegetable soup . . .

(name that tune)

Man this is a WEIRD ass coincidence!!!

Years ago in the 90's, I used to make mixtapes for a friend of mine on cassette. I would always include all kinds of crap, sometimes little 3 second snippets of songs all combined together in some sort of aural collage. As time went by, once he got the ability to do so, he made mixdiscs for me on cd; later on we moved to minidiscs as the cds would quickly stop playing.

Anyhoo, when he was in high school learning bass, he had a cassette that had the little bass solos from "YYZ" repeated over and over (this was a bitch to do back then). Well, apparently back in the 80's he was experimenting making one of these sound collages and he had all kinds of stuff mixed together that repeated, like those bass solos, Geddy singing "life is" over and over and over again really fast from "I Think I'm Going Bald" with a bunch of other 2-3 second long clips of crap between different things. One of the the little clips was those exact lyrics above: "Some folks love ham hocks, and some folks love pork chops" before morphing into another little Geddy bass solo. Mind you, none of this was edited well together; that wasn't the point. I didn't hear this little collage of clips at the time, but years later in the early 2000's he made a mixdisc for me and one of the things on the disc was that little sound collage. I've ALWAYS associated that little hamhocks clip (and all the little musical gumbo contained therein) with Rush just because it was part of that clip, but neither of the two have EVER come up in conversation ANYWHERE together except for that aural collage clip from the 80's!!!

Imagine my shock and surprise when not just the song from which it came, BUT THE EXACT SAME PART OF THE SONG came up on a RUSH forum of all places all these years later!!!

However...

Somewhere a yak has died in honor of this historical coincidental occurrence. For, the death of said yak can only happen when "The Speed of Suck" and "Available S***" are played simultaneously in both Aliquippa, Pennsylvania and Gibson, Louisiana on minidisc.

Oh don't give a dose...to the one you love most...give her some marmalade, give her some toast.

Thank you, Dr. Hook!!!

...and Roland!!!

...and Gertrude!!!

:baabaa: :baabaa: :baabaa: :baabaa: :baabaa: :baabaa:

Edited by Spaghetti Lee
  • Like 1

Rock and roll ’til you lose control

Go down, fall down, not too far

You can’t fight it! 
You can’t fight it!

Now that you move you can do my part of pounding!

Rock your shoes ’til you lose your cool

Shake your soul, yeah, lose control, yeah

You can’t fight it! 
You can’t fight it!

Now we’re gonna see some real pounding!

Deep lyrics . . . does anyone here like this tune and does anyone here know if these are the actual lyrics?

I'm trying to remember that everyone has a right to his or her opinion, and I need to respect that. We are each unique individuals, and all of our rich experiences have led us to where we are and influence what moves us. But . . . to shit on Hemispheres? That is just f*ckin' cracked.

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/look_ddad43_544313.gif

I finally broke free . . . I've been staring at this thing since it was posted . . .

All Hail the Hypnotoad!

• Like 1

This turned out to be relatively easy, because there are only about 10 :rush: songs that I actively dislike and find painful to listen to:

In The End

Rivendell

Fountain Of Lamneth

Necromancer

I Think I'm Boing Bald

Tears

Madrigal

Tai Shan

Heresy

Spindrift

And I am including the debut album. Everything on it is better than the above 10 clunkers.

P.S. Hey bluefox4000... if you think you got ripped for disliking Hemispheres, wait until the CoS vigilantes come after me :outtahere:

Edited by Pause Rewind Replay
  • Like 1

This turned out to be relatively easy, because there are only about 10 :rush: songs that I actively dislike and find painful to listen to:

In The End

Rivendell

Fountain Of Lamneth

Necromancer

I Think I'm Boing Bald

Tears

Madrigal

Tai Shan

Heresy

Spindrift

And I am including the debut album. Everything on it is better than the above 10 clunkers.

P.S. Hey bluefox4000... if you think you got ripped for disliking Hemispheres, wait until the CoS vigilantes come after me :outtahere:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/7d/1f/9a/7d1f9ad125aa4270e28388096b0c32a3.jpg

• Like 2

Ask Lorraine. As for me, the smooth vocal line and the break from full on rock. I love the way DA follows it.

Rock and roll ’til you lose control

Go down, fall down, not too far

You can’t fight it! 
You can’t fight it!

Now that you move you can do my part of pounding!

Rock your shoes ’til you lose your cool

Shake your soul, yeah, lose control, yeah

You can’t fight it! 
You can’t fight it!

Now we’re gonna see some real pounding!

Deep lyrics . . . does anyone here like this tune and does anyone here know if these are the actual lyrics?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yU3H8E7L7a0

Just think about the average-- what use have they for you?

Well, it's unmistakably pre-debut, that's for sure...

Ok, thought I would play a single track off RTB in isolation, not one of the accepted good ones, but instead You Bet On Your Life.

A horrible song! Like, really not good at all! So bland I could pass out. I kinda feel bad lumping Hemispheres in the same category as this, as I really like that song in comparison.

• Like 3

Ok, I LOVE THE BIG WHEEL.

But I already knew that...

Who do people hate The Fountain of Lamneth?

Why do people love Snakes and Arrows?

Why do I love The Speed of Love? Because I am a musical idiot with the worst taste in music which qualifies me for the last spot on the Rush Fan List.

Edited by Lorraine

Why do I love The Speed of Love? Because I am a musical idiot with the worst taste in music which qualifies me for the last spot on the Rush Fan List.

Hardly. Why do I think Lessons is one the best a "coolest" songs they ever did?..... :huh:
  • Like 1

Carnies, halo effect, BU2B2, the wreckers, wish them well, seven cities of gold, freeze, spindrift, nobodys hero.

Thats it, couldnt name another to make up the ten.

Hardly. Why do I think Lessons is one the best a "coolest" songs they ever did?..... :huh:

Why do I feel the need to throw people down a flight of stairs for not liking Hemispheres... oh, wait. Everybody should like Hemispheres!

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2013/7/21/rose_racoon.gif

Why do I feel the need to throw people down a flight of stairs for not liking Hemispheres... oh, wait. Everybody should like Hemispheres!

I will never forget buying that one, racing home and dropping the needle. Start to finish brilliance..... :haz:
  • Like 2

I will never forget buying that one, racing home and dropping the needle. Start to finish brilliance..... :haz:

SEE? And that's the greatest person on this forum saying that! Listen to Narp damnit!

• Like 1

Be prepared to write an essay as to why you like it and what there is to like about it. The elite would like to know. :madra:

You can borrow mine if you need it. It is committed to memory but I can jot it down for you. :D

• Like 1

Arg not all Rush fans have to love the same songs!

Yadda yadda yadda

Rant over. I am so eloquent!

• Like 1