What are you're ten least favorite Rush songs?

savagegrace26

In The Mood

Tai'Shan

High Water

Hand Over Fist

Neurotica

You Bet Your Life

The Speed Of Love

Half The World

Bravest Face

Faithless

(Dishonorable mention to Everyday Glory and Face Up)

Excellent list.........except for In the Mood, which is a great tune

In The Mood

Tai'Shan

High Water

Hand Over Fist

Neurotica

You Bet Your Life

The Speed Of Love

Half The World

Bravest Face

Faithless

(Dishonorable mention to Everyday Glory and Face Up)

Excellent list.........except for In the Mood, which is a great tune

I like in the mood live, never on the studio version

• Like 1

A list of songs that people have put on their "top ten least favourites," all of which are breaking my heart:

Best I Can, In the End, Beneath, Between & Behind, Making Memories, Fountain of Lamneth, I Think I'm Going Bald, the Necromancer, Twilight Zone, Madrigal, Cinderella Man, Hemispheres, Witch Hunt, Chemistry, Countdown, the Body Electric, Kid Gloves, Cut to the Chase, Between Sun and Moon, Faithless, Hope, the Way the Wind Blows, Caravan, Carnies, Clockwork Angels, Seven Cities of Gold, the Garden.

Each of you take a bucket, a loaf (of bread), and a jar of PB, and head to the basement. We'll check back in 7 days.

• Like 1

10. The Necromancer

9. Take a Friend

8. Beneath, Between & Behind

7. Cinderella Man

6. Anagram (for Mongo)

5. Chemistry

4. Madrigal

3. Rivendell

2. Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

1. The Fountain of Lamneth.

Don't shoot me!

Cinderella Man?!?! Hemispheres?!?! Fountain of Lamneth?!?! The Necromancer?!?!

a blasphemy and beneath beetween!

Two of these are in my top 10. :facepalm:

Me too.

What are we going to do?

Do I get any redemption by saying I love Xanadu? :(

• Like 1

I think we should give him a chance to like it.

If we lock him in a room for 48 hours with nothing but a bucket, two gallons of water, a loaf of bread, a jar of Jiff, and Hemi playing nonstop, he may change his tune.

Oh wow . . . you just described heaven . . .

I prefer Skippy.

Face Up

Neurotica

Heresy

You Bet Your Life

Totem

Dog Years

Chemistry

Superconductor

Half The World

Virtuality

Really stumped now...these really are the only songs I can think of that are "bad".

EDIT: just realised I have put down ten songs!

Wow, really you don't like Chemistry? That's a great one!

Um...I didn't realise I put Chemistry on that list! Woops...I meant Hemispheres.

Wat.

:facepalm: :bang bang:

I better go buy some more buckets and peanut butter. A few more loaves of bread too. RUDT seems to have flown the coop, and the Ambassador for Hemispheres doesn't have her priorities in order.

I said "least favorite"...not "bad"...I don't think any of the songs on my list are actually bad...Rush has never done a bad song in my opinion...just less good...

We were referring to Segue, not you.

Unless you are Segue... :ph34r:

Nope! Lol I got confused myself...I read that and thought, did he have the same list as me?

Even if you HATE "Hemispheres," how in the HELL can you not like "The Sphere"??!?!!!!!!!?!??!?!???!?!??!!!?!!!!?!!??!

how can't you like the WHOLE THING

If they heard it on red vinyl they'd change their minds pretty quick, I bet.

Even if you HATE "Hemispheres," how in the HELL can you not like "The Sphere"??!?!!!!!!!?!??!?!???!?!??!!!?!!!!?!!??!

I wouldn't change my mind. My problem with the song is not the playing. Its structure is all over the place, it has no hooks, the vocals are garishly high (sorry, but he has been high and sounded great. This is just shrill), and even though I really enjoy the song in the right mood, it just feels like hard work. The other epic songs take no effort on my part to love. Hemispheres is just hard work. So glad they put a stop to the epics.

I expect the usual glut of messages telling me I am wrong, not a true Rush fan, have no taste...yada yada yada...sorry but to all of you I say "meh".

Edited by Segue Myles

I wouldn't change my mind. My problem with the song is not the playing. Its structure is all over the place, it has no hooks, the vocals are garishly high (sorry, but he has been high and sounded great. This is just shrill), and even though I really enjoy the song in the right mood, it just feels like hard work. The other epic songs take no effort on my part to love. Hemispheres is just hard work. So glad they put a stop to the epics.

I expect the usual glut of messages telling me I am wrong, not a true Rush fan, have no taste...yada yada yada...sorry but to all of you I say "meh".

And we say, "this way to the Happy Room! Hope you like peanut butter!"

EDIT: accidentally selected someone else's quote

Edited by len(songs)
  • Like 1

Although I don't agree with you, I sure won't try to tell you you're wrong. You just have a different take on things. I think the song has a clear narrative structure, in some ways like 2112; I think it's an amazing blend of bombast and melody; it may not have a "hook" in the pop sense, but it has motifs that I think are incredibly compelling. Geddy's voice to me is quite powerful and passionate, and no work at all to listen to. I get completely drawn in. In the end, I suppose I might wish you heard what I hear, but of course you are hearing amazing things in other albums that I'm not getting. Maybe I will some day.

And . . . red vinyl. It makes all the difference. (I love my red vinyl)

• Like 1

I'm trying to remember that everyone has a right to his or her opinion, and I need to respect that. We are each unique individuals, and all of our rich experiences have led us to where we are and influence what moves us. But . . . to shit on Hemispheres? That is just f*ckin' cracked.

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/look_ddad43_544313.gif

• Like 1

I'm trying to remember that everyone has a right to his or her opinion, and I need to respect that. We are each unique individuals, and all of our rich experiences have led us to where we are and influence what moves us. But . . . to shit on Hemispheres? That is just f*ckin' cracked.

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/look_ddad43_544313.gif

I finally broke free . . . I've been staring at this thing since it was posted . . .

• Like 1

Okay, ten least favorite....hmmm....in no particular order...

Tai Shan

Dog Years

Limbo

Emotion Detector

Scars

We Hold On

Face Up

Red Tide

Wish Them Well

Nobody's Hero

I'll say one thing positive for hemisphere's great place holder to get work done until side 2.

I'm being mean i'm sorry. I just never realized rhat to not liking hemispheres was akin to mass murder........or so it appears

Kisses, :D

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

Some folks loves ham hocks, and some folks loves pork chops, and some folks loves vegetable soup . . .

(name that tune)

Some folks loves ham hocks, and some folks loves pork chops, and some folks loves vegetable soup . . .

(name that tune)

The Speed Of Love?...

(name that tune)

The Speed Of Love?...

Close. Different band, though. Almost as awesome as Rush.

(name that tune)

The Speed Of Love?...

Close. Different band, though. Almost as awesome as Rush.

Yes?... :)