FIFA World Cup 2014: Brasil

Aikenrooster

I'm all for Germany. My sister lives there, and they are the team I've followed for 30 years (along with Mexico). And I just got a message from a former student telling me she's flying from Germany with the other team wives to Brazil to catch the final. I had forgotten that she was married to one of the German trainers.

Schlaaand!

Is your friend one of these? http://ego.globo.com...al-da-copa.html

Hotties! No, she's not in those pics. That would have been cool, though.

She is a model, actually, or her sister is, I mean.

Edited by goose

Holland gets third place. :cosmo: There's a lot of talk about this being Robben's last World Cup. If he can run from one side of the field to the other in this heat, I'm sure he could do it in Russia four years from now...unless they can replace him with a William Shatner lookalike. ;)

I was listening to the match on the radio. The pre-game talked all about the Dutch Manager complaining about one day less rest and not wanting to play the match at all. Then, 90 seconds in, the Netherlands gets the PK! Suddenly they seemed thrilled to be there. :D

Poor Brazil. I watched the goals when I got home, and that second goal was embarrassing. Three defenders literally standing motionless behind the play as the rebound and scoring chance developed. They should be glad they don't live in Colombia. They'd be marked men.

• Like 1

I was listening to the match on the radio. The pre-game talked all about the Dutch Manager complaining about one day less rest and not wanting to play the match at all. Then, 90 seconds in, the Netherlands gets the PK! Suddenly they seemed thrilled to be there. :D

Poor Brazil. I watched the goals when I got home, and that second goal was embarrassing. Three defenders literally standing motionless behind the play as the rebound and scoring chance developed. They should be glad they don't live in Colombia. They'd be marked men.

? Are you implying what I think you're implying?

My dream has always been to visit Russia. I have never left this continent, nor been on an airplane. I am seriously thinking of going to Russia and trying to catch at least one World Cup game in 2018. I have no idea, right now, of how to plan a trip like this, but I'd like to ride that train from China to Moscow, I think. I don't know. It would be awesome, for sure.

A little more than 2 hours from now. Holy mother I'm so excited and I can't wait for the kick-off.

GO

Deu

tsch

land

!!!

• Like 1

? Are you implying what I think you're implying?

Just kidding.

Congrats to Germany!!!

My mother hails from Koln and this is a HUGE deal for the people of Germany. To my friend Greyfriar—so happy for you bud. I know it means a lot to your country and to you! Prost!!!!

You guys made history and delivered a royal ass kicking to the host country. Awesome!

• Like 3

The Germans have peaked to early, like they did in 2010 when they beat England 4-1 and Argentina 4-0.

I think they will lose the final 1-0.

No, not this time. We've learned a lot from 2006/2010, and since then there was always a progression in our play. Wasn't that you who said that his predictions are always wrong?

And they were again.

Best team won but Argentina could have won if they had taken their chances. Best player in the world misses a sitter and Götze scores a corker.

Schweinsteiger and Neuer were immense but hats off to Götze the match winner. Mascherano had a fantastic World Cup and Messi was the biggest disappointment.

Great tournament, very open and exciting and the best team won.

• Like 2

The Germans have peaked to early, like they did in 2010 when they beat England 4-1 and Argentina 4-0.

No, not this time. We've learned a lot from 2006/2010, and since then there was always a progression in our play. Wasn't that you who said that his predictions are always wrong?

And they were again.

Best team won but Argentina could have won if they had taken their chances. Best player in the world misses a sitter and Götze scores a corker.

Schweinsteiger and Neuer were immense but hats off to Götze the match winner. Mascherano had a fantastic World Cup and Messi was the biggest disappointment.

I'm not a soccer fan, but it's hard not to watch the world cup. The national pride we see is so cool. The non-calls blew my mind. There were many that left me thinking "I s this fixed?"

Only thing bigger than the FIFA world cup is the Quidditch World Cup

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 3

And they were again.

I'm not a soccer fan, but it's hard not to watch the world cup. The national pride we see is so cool. The non-calls blew my mind. There were many that left me thinking "I s this fixed?"

Only thing bigger than the FIFA world cup is the Quidditch World Cup

They'd never accept Quidditch in Italy, too many snitches...

• Like 6

No way can anyone blame this on Messi? he was a one man show today for Argentina. No one else showed. up. There were few chances for both teams yet when Argentina had their chances Messi had German defenders on their heels and yet no one was in the right place to put it away. If he had the surrounding cast of players Germany had he would have been a hero. Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 2

Heard it live on the radio, and finally just now got to see THE GOAL!!!! :7up:

The most beautiful GOAL!!!! And under glorious circumstances...great theater! Götze, in as a sub for the all-time great Klose, plays the perfect cross perfectly! :notworthy:

And Germany reigns supreme!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

'SCHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!

• Like 4

Heard it live on the radio, and finally just now got to see THE GOAL!!!! :7up:

The most beautiful GOAL!!!! And under glorious circumstances...great theater! Götze, in as a sub for the all-time great Klose, plays the perfect cross perfectly! :notworthy:

And Germany reigns supreme!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

'SCHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!

Germany definitely deserves this they were amazing. I wanted Messi to win but i'm happy with this result.
  • Like 1