Official 2014-2015 NCAA Football thread

So, AR, do you think there are any teams in the SEC East that would NOT finish last in the SEC West?

I certainly think Georgia is better than they showed the past 2 weeks. Let's see if they run the table. And, Kentucky is getting better.

But, yeah, the power is definitely in the west.

Arkansas is clearly at the bottom of the west. Would they be favored over the Dawgs at a neutral site? Georgia has a higher Sagarin rating (as does Florida, surprisingly), but I'd take Arkansas straight up.

LSU will be last place when the season is over. I think Georgia would beat LSU. Arky would beat Georgia, probably, especially if they could throw deep.

I need to probably keep my mouth shut. I haven't been able to watch as much football as I used to. Been put too much lately.

So, AR, do you think there are any teams in the SEC East that would NOT finish last in the SEC West?

I certainly think Georgia is better than they showed the past 2 weeks. Let's see if they run the table. And, Kentucky is getting better.

Arkansas is clearly at the bottom of the west. Would they be favored over the Dawgs at a neutral site? Georgia has a higher Sagarin rating (as does Florida, surprisingly), but I'd take Arkansas straight up.

LSU will be last place when the season is over. I think Georgia would beat LSU. Arky would beat Georgia, probably, especially if they could throw deep.

I need to probably keep my mouth shut. I haven't been able to watch as much football as I used to. Been put too much lately.

Yeah, you're probably right. LSU sure wasn't competitive last night.

• Like 1

How much is the head ball coach to blame when you've got a stable of running backs, who are averaging 8 yards per carry, and you score 38 points, to start throwing it, and going 3 and out and throwing picks, when you have a bad defense. You help the defense out by keeping them on the bench and running the clock.

I certainly enjoyed the past 4 years, but it's back to old Carolina, now.

Yep, seems clear by now that this year's Carolina team is a reversion to the days when we regularly sucked.

Did the old phrase "chicken curse" cross your mind at all during the game? That late deflection/interception for the winning touchdown for Kentucky struck me as classic Chicken Curse type stuff that SC was infamous for among its own fans.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

2 straight losses with 4th quarter leads. Argggggggh.

Yep.

They are announcing a new class at Carolina, called "How to blow two-score leads in the 4th quarter, by the South Carolina Gamecocks."

Miss State marches the length of the field and scores another TD. 21-7 over aTm.

btw, first time since 1953, that both teams in Mississippi were ranked in the top 15 and playing top 15 teams, in Mississippi, on the same day.

Go Ole Miss...hope they can do to Satan what MSU has done to A&M in the first half.

And they did. A thing of beauty.

I am glad for the Mississippi schools. Let's have a shake up of the West! Ole Miss and Miss state to fight it out for the West at the end of the regular season! That would be awesome, were it to happen.

• Like 1

Miss State marches the length of the field and scores another TD. 21-7 over aTm.

btw, first time since 1953, that both teams in Mississippi were ranked in the top 15 and playing top 15 teams, in Mississippi, on the same day.

Go Ole Miss...hope they can do to Satan what MSU has done to A&M in the first half.

And they did. A thing of beauty.

I am glad for the Mississippi schools. Let's have a shake up of the West! Ole Miss and Miss state to fight it out for the West at the end of the regular season! That would be awesome, were it to happen.

No doubt about it.

The East is embarrassingly weak compared to the West.

The West Champion should defeat the East Champion, AGAIN.

You could take any team from the west, and match them up against the best non SEC team, and I think the west team would be competitive and have a shot at winning.

Kentucky is really improving. Major talent upgrade in progress.

Florida....Muschamp was one of those coaches that was supposed to get a big gig by default - he was a DC at a big time school for a long time. He never struck me as a great mind- more of a Chuck Amato or Ed Orgeron; good recruiter or motivator, good right hand man but not meant to be the HC.

I know you gotta give coaches a certain amount of time, but does anyone think Muschamp has things moving in the right direction?

How much is the head ball coach to blame when you've got a stable of running backs, who are averaging 8 yards per carry, and you score 38 points, to start throwing it, and going 3 and out and throwing picks, when you have a bad defense. You help the defense out by keeping them on the bench and running the clock.

I certainly enjoyed the past 4 years, but it's back to old Carolina, now.

Yep, seems clear by now that this year's Carolina team is a reversion to the days when we regularly sucked.

Did the old phrase "chicken curse" cross your mind at all during the game? That late deflection/interception for the winning touchdown for Kentucky struck me as classic Chicken Curse type stuff that SC was infamous for among its own fans.

No, I don't believe in the "Chicken Curse," and I hate that phrase.

We South Carolinians have to be the world's worst at sticking our heads in the sand and denying reality. Another bad thing we do is sweep stuff under the rug or try to patch things up instead of rebuilding something properly.

We need to face reality and be proactive instead of reactive.

Look at Texas, for example: they waited too late to make a coaching change, and Baylor and TCU have left them in the dust.

Here at South Carolina, We don't have any margin for error. My goodness, look at how many years it took for us to get back to the level of football that we were at with Joe Morrison. It took 4 coaching hires.

...and, let me say this, also. Spurrier brags about how he doesn't put in all the hours that the other coaches do, and he brags about how all the coaches do the recruiting, and he rarely had to make a visit .... how's that working out?

Our team probably had more returning letter men than any other team in the league. This wasn't supposed to happen.

Holy shit. That ASU win over USC was amazing. Please tell me others watched that unbelievable ending

I switched over about 30 seconds too late. :(

I saw it,

I got lucky. I was just surfing the sports channels.

Yeah, you're probably right. LSU sure wasn't competitive last night.

Whats up with the LSU defense? :facepalm:

Holy shit. That ASU win over USC was amazing. Please tell me others watched that unbelievable ending

I switched over about 30 seconds too late. :(

I saw it,

I got lucky. I was just surfing the sports channels.

I haven't seen a finish like that in a long time! I watched the entire second half

Here's the "greatest" winning play in CFB history. No, not the game winning play but the play in this video at about 0:35. Can you believe that shit was legal?

Muck Fishigan.

BTW, Corso went for 1 and the tie with 1 minute left to go after scoring a TD to make it 21-20.

867365273.gif

Finally saw it! The radio call is great too...

https://soundcloud.c...8-34-4q-10-4-14

Good, but nearly as good as the Auburn win over Alabama last year.

I don't know - the one play was nothing compared to the last 4 scoring drives. When looked at as a whole, that USC/ASU game was pretty insane. I would say comparable at least.

It sounds like your hatred for Michigan is on pat with that of my (and DPR) hatred for Jawja.

I don't really hate Georgia. They are just another SEC team, imo, of no greater or lesser degree of evil than the average SEC team.

Here's the "greatest" winning play in CFB history. No, not the game winning play but the play in this video at about 0:35. Can you believe that shit was legal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEF6edfexco

Muck Fishigan.

BTW, Corso went for 1 and the tie with 1 minute left to go after scoring a TD to make it 21-20.

Interesting call and play.

Unlike throwing a Hail Mary for the end zone, the call put it all on the receiver to break some f***ing tackles and make it to the end zone. And, amazingly enough, he did.

Edit, I am referring to the touchdown play of course to win the game for mucking Fishigan.

• Like 1

It sounds like your hatred for Michigan is on pat with that of my (and DPR) hatred for Jawja.

I don't really hate Georgia. They are just another SEC team, imo, of no greater or lesser degree of evil than the average SEC team.

Todd Gurley is suspended indefinitely for possible violations of NCAA rules.

Todd Gurley is suspended indefinitely for possible violations of NCAA rules.

Well, I would be lying if I said that a part of me was not amused by that development.

Thanks for sharing it. I had not yet heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEF6edfexco

Muck Fishigan.

I take it you mean the apparent intentional "fumbling" of the ball out of bounds?