Official 2014-2015 NCAA Football thread

I'm a little pissed at LSU for dropping that game. It would've been so much more fun for them to come into Kyle Field undefeated. Hopefully we'll start seeing more of the A&M team that beat the everlivin' hell outta South Carolina against Arkansas. This team could be scary good with a fully healthy defense.

Yeah, yall will beat Arky.

I am not so sure about that.

Sometimes, in they wacky world of CFB, teams that looked spectacular in one game can look like they forgot how to play in the next.

As always, these things must be decided on the field, not ahead of time on paper.

I wouldn't be shocked if Arky beat A&M. I am not calling for that, just wouldn't be shocked if it happened.

Excellent call on this game. It's going to overtime, after a valiant comeback by the aTm.

Tamu wins in OT. 21 unanswered for the Aggies.

Edited by Aikenrooster

Congratulations to Mizzou on a valiant comeback! They found enough offense at the end, after the Gamecocks defense shut them down most of the night.

As for Carolina, really we had it coming. We've sneaked by so many times, using smoke and mirrors, and we just couldn't overcome the mental errors tonight. We deserved to lose.

Whew! I'm glad I didn't go.

Congratulations to Mizzou on a valiant comeback! They found enough offense at the end, after the Gamecocks defense shut them down most of the night.

As for Carolina, really we had it coming. We've sneaked by so many times, using smoke and mirrors, and we just couldn't overcome the mental errors tonight. We deserved to lose.

Tough loss bud. Maybe the beavs will knock off the other USC tonight

Yeah, I hope so. As for Carolina, it's no big deal. Really, I'm glad they loss, and I don't have to watch anymore this season. We're never going to win the SEC, and it's time to face reality. I've let one religion go, I need to let this religion go. This is a great time to do it.

Yeah, I hope so. As for Carolina, it's no big deal. Really, I'm glad they loss, and I don't have to watch anymore this season. We're never going to win the SEC, and it's time to face reality. I've let one religion go, I need to let this religion go. This is a great time to do it.

I would definitely recommend letting the "religion" part go.

CFB should not be a religion. It really is just a game, you know.

You seem to take SC games way too personally, like what Mara talks about regarding her husband and how seriously he takes Dawg games.

You said "Really, I'm glad they loss, and I don't have to watch anymore this season."

Did somebody have a gun to your head making you watch games against your will, and now suddenly they don't?

You aren't going to watch any more games because they have lost two games already and have no realistic shot of winning the SEC East at this point?

Why does it have to be either/or with you? Why does it have to be dreaming of Championship or not watching at all?

Why can't you just relax, and watch the games for what they are the rest of the way, cheering for the Gamecocks to win each game but not thinking it the End of the World if they don't?

Dude, I am not condemning you here or anything like that, but imo really you just need to take a Giant Chill Pill in regards to your attitude about CFB. For whatever it is worth.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

You seem to take SC games way too personally, like what Mara talks about regarding her husband and how seriously he takes Dawg games.

You said "Really, I'm glad they loss, and I don't have to watch anymore this season."

Did somebody have a gun to your head making you watch games against your will, and now suddenly they don't?

You aren't going to watch any more games because they have lost two games already and have no realistic shot of winning the SEC East at this point?

Why does it have to be either/or with you? Why does it have to be dreaming of Championship or not watching at all?

Why can't you just relax, and watch the games for what they are the rest of the way, cheering for the Gamecocks to win each game but not thinking it the End of the World if they don't?

Dude, I am not condemning you here or anything like that, but imo really you just need to take a Giant Chill Pill in regards to your attitude about CFB. For whatever it is worth.

Mara's Dear Hubby is a Mizzou fan. Hopefully, he is happy.

How did your weekend go? Did you stomp the kids' asses in Chess?

Arizona knocks the Ducks from the ranks of the unbeaten, 31-24 in a game so late no one east of the Rockies actually saw it.
  • Like 2

Arizona knocks the Ducks from the ranks of the unbeaten, 31-24 in a game so late no one east of the Rockies actually saw it.

I didn't even know such a game had taken place, till I just read about it in your post.

Mara's Dear Hubby is a Mizzou fan. Hopefully, he is happy.

How did your weekend go? Did you stomp the kids' asses in Chess?

Didn't play chess.

Did other stuff instead.

Anyway, I did watch the Carolina - Mizzou game. Like everybody else watching the game, I thought that SC had the victory in hand when they went up 20-7 in the 4rth, only to then see their defense suddenly start giving up huge plays and their offense do nothing for the rest of the game.

Ug.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-fan-map.html?abt=0002&abg=1&_r=0

Interesting article on popularity of college football teams by county.

There are 4 counties in America where the Hoosiers are #1 in fans. Four!

Miss State marches the length of the field and scores another TD. 21-7 over aTm.

btw, first time since 1953, that both teams in Mississippi were ranked in the top 15 and playing top 15 teams, in Mississippi, on the same day.

Miss State marches the length of the field and scores another TD. 21-7 over aTm.

btw, first time since 1953, that both teams in Mississippi were ranked in the top 15 and playing top 15 teams, in Mississippi, on the same day.

Go Ole Miss...hope they can do to Satan what MSU has done to A&M in the first half.

• Like 2

5 or 10 years ago, who would have thought UF-UT would be relegated to the SEC Network while A&M-Mississippi State would be getting the prime spot on ESPN?

And deservedly so, these teams are horrible.

• Like 1