Official 2014-2015 NCAA Football thread

Indiana holds on, while Vandy runs the opening kickoff 99 yards for a TD.

Grats to Indiana for beating Mizzou.

I have no idea how that loss for Mizzou will affect them next week against SC.

It might just make them mad and fired up for the game, or perhaps it will act as an insidious blow to confidence.

Hmmm . . . .

Mizzou should be kicked out of the SEC for that. :D

i DID think about making a post along the lines of "Mizzou is disgracing the SEC" during that game, but refrained.

Again, give Indiana credit. They won that game fair and square. Good luck to them for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Effing Clemson pissed that win away

Yeah, they did.

They had victory in their grasp, and fumbled it away.

I was pulling for Clemson in that game.

Wanted to see the Seminoles go down.

It would have been OK if the tigs would have won WITH Winston in the game, but it makes it even better that they lost with the backup in the game.

No, no, no, no.

I agree with Spurrier, who is on record as saying that he hopes Clemson goes undefeated every year, until they get to the Gamecocks in the traditional final game of the regular season who then beat them.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

I'm a little pissed at LSU for dropping that game. It would've been so much more fun for them to come into Kyle Field undefeated. Hopefully we'll start seeing more of the A&M team that beat the everlivin' hell outta South Carolina against Arkansas. This team could be scary good with a fully healthy defense.

I'm a little pissed at LSU for dropping that game. It would've been so much more fun for them to come into Kyle Field undefeated. Hopefully we'll start seeing more of the A&M team that beat the everlivin' hell outta South Carolina against Arkansas. This team could be scary good with a fully healthy defense.

Yeah, yall will beat Arky. Alabama is the true test to win the west. I have aTm in my playoff bracket for sure.

It might just make them mad and fired up for the game, or perhaps it will act as an insidious blow to confidence.

Hmmm . . . .

The Indiana defense played about as well as it was capable of playing. They were a lot more aggressive (infinitely more so) than vs Bowling Green.

The offense didn't surprise me, they can put up 30 on all but the most dominant defenses.

Huge win. Probably the most impressive win by any Big Ten team this season. Which means, bet the Terps this week.

Hmmm . . . .

The Indiana defense played about as well as it was capable of playing. They were a lot more aggressive (infinitely more so) than vs Bowling Green.

The offense didn't surprise me, they can put up 30 on all but the most dominant defenses.

Huge win. Probably the most impressive win by any Big Ten team this season.

Go Indiana! Win the Big 10!

Personally, I would really enjoy watching that happen.

• Like 1

Yeah, yall will beat Arky.

I am not so sure about that.

Sometimes, in they wacky world of CFB, teams that looked spectacular in one game can look like they forgot how to play in the next.

As always, these things must be decided on the field, not ahead of time on paper.

I wouldn't be shocked if Arky beat A&M. I am not calling for that, just wouldn't be shocked if it happened.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Hmmm . . . .

Huge win. Probably the most impressive win by any Big Ten team this season.

Go Indiana! Win the Big 10!

Personally, I would really enjoy watching that happen.

I would too. The last time they did?

Hint: The best running back of the winning team killed his ex wife 20 years ago.

I did find footage on youtube though.

SC sure helped you guys look scary good.

That was just a brutal thing to do to the Gamecocks and their fans.

Shame on you.

Bummer for Mizzou: Due to the asshole who started the fire at O'Hare Int. Airport, the M2 couldn't make the trip to Columbia, SC for tonight's game vs. the Gamecocks. Hopefully, our band will at least play the Mizzou fight song in a spirit of good sportsmanship. I've seen them do it before for smaller schools who couldn't afford to bring the band.
  • Like 1

Off the big win at Mizzou, the Hoosiers opened their Big Ten season against Maryland at home today.

With 12 minutes to go, the score is Maryland 34, Indiana 9.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is Indiana Hoosier football.

Sorry about your Hoosiers. I don't really care for Maryland, too much. Also, BC goes the wrong direction, losing TO Colorado State. The Rams look much improved this year. Tennessee made a bunch of big passing plays with the starting QB, Worley, who is from Rock Hill, SC, but he got hurt, and Georgia took a lead. Worley came back, and led a valiant comeback, but the on sides kick failed and Georgia ran out the clock.

Sorry about your Hoosiers. I don't really care for Maryland, too much. Also, BC goes the wrong direction, losing TO Colorado State. The Rams look much improved this year. Tennessee made a bunch of big passing plays with the starting QB, Worley, who is from Rock Hill, SC, but he got hurt, and Georgia took a lead. Worley came back, and led a valiant comeback, but the on sides kick failed and Georgia ran out the clock.

After 100+ years of football futility, it would be foolish to expect anything different.

After 100+ years of football futility, it would be foolish to expect anything different.

Yeah, surprising they'd lose to a team they've rarely if ever played.

Man, the Oregon Ducks barely got by WSU's Cougars (a team Nevada beat, BTW). A win's a win, I guess.

I very seldom watch Oregon play, their games being on so late over here on the East coast.

But I did watch much of that game last night

Oregon clearly has quick strike offensive capability. However, they also have a ton of weaknesses.

I was not that impressed by them.

UCLA is looking like a PAC 8 10 12 force. They put a major hurt on AZ State. PAC 12 football is my favorite to watch. Great rivalries.

Yeah, surprising they'd lose to a team they've rarely if ever played.

Yes, their record of futility is a lot less lengthy when they haven't played them since 1935.

Next week, North Texas... :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

Man, the Oregon Ducks barely got by WSU's Cougars (a team Nevada beat, BTW). A win's a win, I guess.

I very seldom watch Oregon play, their games being on so late over here on the East coast.

Oregon clearly has quick strike offensive capability. However, they also have a ton of weaknesses.

UCLA is looking like a PAC 8 10 12 force. They put a major hurt on AZ State. PAC 12 football is my favorite to watch. Great rivalries.

The Pac12 Should have added Reno Wolfpack instead of Colorado.
  • Like 1

No kidding. Actually, they should just make it the PAC 20 and add Nevada, Boise, Fresno, San Diego State, and four others.

UPDATE: Washington 13 - Stanford 13, at the half.

Edited by goose

No kidding. Actually, they should just make it the PAC 20 and add Nevada, Boise, Fresno, San Diego State, and four others.

UPDATE: Washington 13 - Stanford 13, at the half.

The only California team that would be deserving is Fresno State. And Boise will go downhill now that Petersen has gone to the Huskies! BTW, Huskies defense looks awesome, as does their uniforms with the flat black helmets! Yes!