Double Agent

LeaveMyThingAlone

A very bad song on Rush's worst album. The music is ok (boring, but ok), but the vocals are horrendous and the production is the worst on the album. That's actually a shame as production is the one area where this album actually generally succeeds very well.

I am going to go with LedRush on this one. He is rarely wrong about anything.... :D

Way to expand your horizons. Good job.

:( . Lousy I know

A very bad song on Rush's worst album. The music is ok (boring, but ok), but the vocals are horrendous and the production is the worst on the album. That's actually a shame as production is the one area where this album actually generally succeeds very well.

Although I do not agree with you at all, it is interesting to note that everything you dislike about DA is partly why I love it!

I still maintain that VT is the worst thing Rush have ever released. Even worse than that animated robot video to, if i remember correctly, The Enemy Within (or was it The Body Electric?).

You've never seen the Superconductor video?

Or listened to Half the World?

• Like 1

I will have to listen to it and see for myself.... :)

You've never heard Counterparts?

I have heard whatever they have done live from it over the years. I have never heard the studio album....

Edit: for the record I have tried to listen to HYF- current stuff from time to time but just don't like most of it or the style of most of it. The Rush music I love (74'-85') is my favorite music in all of my life as I have stated before....

Open your mind dude.

Like I said I am not always proud of the way I am. I have heard about it from my family many times. I morphed into my father somewhere along the way and become more like him every day. I could do much worse.....

I ain't buying that "set in my ways" crap lol!

Any fan of a band like this should listen to every song at least once because you never know what you might find on a Rush album! :)

• Like 1

I have heard whatever they have done live from it over the years. I have never heard the studio album....

Edit: for the record I have tried to listen to HYF- current stuff from time to time but just don't like most of it or the style of most of it. The Rush music I love (74'-85') is my favorite music in all of my life as I have stated before....

Open your mind dude.

Like I said I am not always proud of the way I am. I have heard about it from my family many times. I morphed into my father somewhere along the way and become more like him every day. I could do much worse.....

Any fan of a band like this should listen to every song at least once because you never know what you might find on a Rush album! :)

Truth is I started to once. I put on HYF and couldn't even make it all the way through. I tried to listen to RTB once and was honestly mortified. I couldn't believe this was the same band from my youth. I will probably try again one day. I have listened to VT more than once and don't really like it. Clockwork is good but to noisy.. :)

I still maintain that VT is the worst thing Rush have ever released.

You sir are a damn fool!

But seriously, I think that you're getting Vapor Trails confused with Test for Echo.

Edited by Dscrapre
  • Like 2

I would put Test for Echo and Vapor Trails

You sir are a damn fool!

But seriously, I think that you're getting Vapor Trails confused with Test for Echo.

I would put Test for Echo and Vapor Trails in my bottom 3 along with Hold Your Fire. The more I listen to Vapor Trails the more I don't like it, even with the new mix. Ghost Rider, Earthsine, and OLV are good songs. The rest just don't do much for me

You sir are a damn fool!

What a lovely compliment!

I love Carve Away The Stone. For that reason alone I cannot say I dislike T4E. VT is a really weak album! For me, VT and a wee bit of SA are very poor Rush. The playing is ok, the vocals are typical, but the songs just don't appeal to me! Say what you like, but I have my opinion and I shall continue to keep it until the time VT grows on me. Which right now isn't happening.

Open your mind dude.

Truth is I started to once. I put on HYF and couldn't even make it all the way through. I tried to listen to RTB once and was honestly mortified. I couldn't believe this was the same band from my youth. I will probably try again one day. I have listened to VT more than once and don't really like it. Clockwork is good but to noisy.. :)

I think this is all fair enough.

Clockwork Angels is a beast of an album, though!

I am going to go with LedRush on this one. He is rarely wrong about anything.... :D

And I'll be the first to tell you that! :D

Fu** that!

This album kicks a**!. I think it sounds great. The band finally got back to a heavier sound. I love DA. JMO. :D

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

Although I do not agree with you at all, it is interesting to note that everything you dislike about DA is partly why I love it!

I still maintain that VT is the worst thing Rush have ever released. Even worse than that animated robot video to, if i remember correctly, The Enemy Within (or was it The Body Electric?).

I can see that VT would be a tough one to like if you didn't get it on release. It's perhaps the most context-dependent of their releases.
  • Like 1

Fu** that!

This album kicks a**!. I think it sounds great. The band finally got back to a heavier sound. I love DA. JMO. :D

Much respect for your opinion. Just disagree.... :)

Fu** that!

Much respect for your opinion. Just disagree.... :)

:cheers:

For me the worst produced album was Presto. I love it but the volume level was produced way too low. It has always drove me insane :wacko:

• Like 1

You've never seen the Superconductor video?

Or listened to Half the World?

Half The World has the best music video.

Damn.....

This song is just so relentless. I had not listened to Counterparts in a long time and just came back to a great album. I have always listed Double Agent as my favorite Rush song ever. Raises some eyebrows, but I just remembered why...

The Riff master just comes up with the sickest riff for this one. The speaking part could have been hokey, but it worked out perfectly. 30 seconds into the song, right after Geddy's last "anywhere. anywhere but here", Alex starts that nasty riff, then Neil with a double and a triple and an awesome roll, then they all jam the hell out of it. It's dark but just rocks like no other.

Unfortunately, it doesn't translate well live, so it has kind of gotten lost in the Rush catalog. This song deserves some major props

I was gonna start a thread on this...absolutely my favourite Rush song of the nineties, alongside Carve Away The Stone (another eyebrow raising choice).

A pure 10/10 Rush oddity.

Carve Away The Stone is my favorite off T4E. I know, I'm crazy.

And Stupidconductor is just all wrong. Ugh. One of Rush's true stinkers. I think I've said this a billion times, but a guy I knew years ago said Superconductor sounded like a car battery commercial and that's stuck in my mind since then. ;) And the video takes it to the next level of suckage, hell Geddy and Alex are playing on the wrong sides of the stage even! ;)

(I otherwise love Presto.)

• Like 1

And Stupidconductor is just all wrong. Ugh. One of Rush's true stinkers. I think I've said this a billion times, but a guy I knew years ago said Superconductor sounded like a car battery commercial and that's stuck in my mind since then. ;) And the video takes it to the next level of suckage, hell Geddy and Alex are playing on the wrong sides of the stage even! ;)

I don't care for it either,

But I love the rest of it.

I don't care for it either,

But I love the rest of it.

"Superconductor" is pretty much a stinker, but with a little retooling (make it heavier both in feel and tone, less bouncy and poppy) it could be a decent song.

I really like Superconductor!
  • Like 1

Double Agent is an amazing tune and one very underrated track. I love the way the band went out of the box with this one and yet created an incredible song.

Counterparts ends so strong with the Double Agent to the Everyday Glory run (talk about one of the best crafted songs and lyrical masterpieces that they have done).

• Like 1

Double Agent is an amazing tune and one very underrated track. I love the way the band went out of the box with this one and yet created an incredible song.

:yes: :goodone:

• Like 1