March Bandness: Pearl Jam vs Rush

Rushman14

This was an easy vote but I will not be able to do so in the next round, which will be Led Zeppelin vs. Rush. That is the ultimate Sophie's Choice for me! I would like to see either of those two go against The Who in the final bracket.
  • Like 1

Is this a real question? Rush vs. Pearl Jam?

Who in the f**k comes up with these contests? Eddie Vedder is one of the most pretentious douche bags that has ever walked the earth. f**k him and his band.

Edited by Snyder80
  • Like 2

Is this a real question? Rush vs. Pearl Jam?

Who in the f**k comes up with these contests? Eddie Vedder is one of the most pretentious douche bags that has ever walked the earth. f**k him and his band.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :goodone:

Pearl Jam won..... :rage: :o

More evidence that democracy is extremely flawed, though to be fair, I'm not sure an elite group of privileged land owners would have been any more likely to have picked Rush.

Hmmm, back to square one on the ideal system of government issue, though I am sure that Stalin and Mao would have been huge Pearl Jam fans, completely misreading Eddie Vedder as an authentic voice of populist protest and dismissing Rush as elitist bourgeoisie bombast, so totalitarian police states are right out. I couldn't live in a society where the state sanctions Pearl Jam. Dystopia indeed.

• Like 4

I didn't click on this thread until now because I assumed it was an April fools joke..

Now I know it is!

I didn't click on this thread until now because I assumed it was an April fools joke..

Now I know it is!

It certainly morphed into one....

I don't get all the Pearl Jam hate. They are among the best bands that led a resurgence of rock music in popular culture after over a decade of crappy pop music which also very negatively affected Rush. They weren't built to last, but they had 4 great albums in 7 years...that's nothing to sneeze at.
  • Like 4

I don't get all the Pearl Jam hate. They are among the best bands that led a resurgence of rock music in popular culture after over a decade of crappy pop music which also very negatively affected Rush. They weren't built to last, but they had 4 great albums in 7 years...that's nothing to sneeze at.

Aaa ah CHOOO!!!

:P

It's not so much hate as it is realism. Is Pearl Jam really worthy of standing shoulder to shoulder with Rush? I suppose that's a subjective question and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but personally I find it a bit ridiculous.

Secondly, some of the things I've heard regarding Pearl Jam over the years overshadow any fanboy comment you can make about anyone else. Claiming Eddie Vedder as the best vocalist on the 20th century, comparing Mike McCready to Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton. And I especially love how Eddie Vedder had to force feed his radical political views upon the viewing eyes and ears of anyone whoever dared listen to them, going so far as to sit side by side with three men in Memphis who were convicted of murdering a couple of little boys.

Some of their music may have been good, but it certainly won't be remembered next to the likes of Rush 100 years from now.

It's not so much hate as it is realism. Is Pearl Jam really worthy of standing shoulder to shoulder with Rush? I suppose that's a subjective question and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but personally I find it a bit ridiculous.

Secondly, some of the things I've heard regarding Pearl Jam over the years overshadow any fanboy comment you can make about anyone else. Claiming Eddie Vedder as the best vocalist on the 20th century, comparing Mike McCready to Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton. And I especially love how Eddie Vedder had to force feed his radical political views upon the viewing eyes and ears of anyone whoever dared listen to them, going so far as to sit side by side with three men in Memphis who were convicted of murdering a couple of little boys.

Some of their music may have been good, but it certainly won't be remembered next to the likes of Rush 100 years from now.

I think you may be exaggerating a bit. I've never heard anyone compare Mccready to Hendrix. The fact is, Pearl Jam have been one of the more consistent bands of the past 25 years. They tour relentlessly and put out new material. I'm not a huge fan, but I respect what they've done. They are much more organic than a band like Rush..easier to relate to.

• Like 4

I was blown away by Pearl Jam the first time I saw them at Lollapalooza '92. Their more recent albums have been hit and miss but they still bring it live. Edited by Rushman14
  • Like 1