NFL implosion T-minus 10 years

Lost In Xanadu

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/mark-cuban-nfl-implosion-facebook/

“I think the NFL is 10 years away from an implosion. When pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. And they’re getting hoggy. When you try to take it too far, people turn the other way. I’m just telling you, when you got a good thing and you get greedy, it always, always, always, always, always turns against you.”

Couldn't agree more. The changing of the "core game" and the male testosterone laden game that I once knew is turning me off already. Maybe as they sissify the game even more they will draw some new fans to it but I couldn't fathom why. Like I have posted before, a few more PC moves and I am gone forever as a fan.... Edited by Narpski

Perhaps this will mean a resurgence of the Lingerie Football League, which will appease the male testosterone vacuum that the demise of the NFL will create. Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 1

Mark Cuban should be more worried about his scam of a pro basketball league. It could be dissolved today, and very few people would even notice. :boo hiss: :boo hiss:
  • Like 3

Mark Cuban should be more worried about his scam of a pro basketball league. It could be dissolved today, and very few people would even notice. :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

Isn't that the league where half the league is tanking for a better pick and another quarter is resting their players because the season is too long?

Isn't that the league where half the league is tanking for a better pick and another quarter is resting their players because the season is too long?

The very same. Coincidentally, it's the same league in which the Head Coaches have to get special permission from the players to make a coaching decision......

The very same. Coincidentally, it's the same league in which the Head Coaches have to get special permission from the players to make a coaching decision......

Hey, only 14 out of thirty teams have switched coaches since the end of last season.

It's the No Fun League, what did you expect

And in an effort to make even less fun, they have now ruled that "dunking" a football over the goal post is verboten. They said it could cause damage which would delay the game for repairs. I've never even heard of that happening much less seen it, in all the years I've been watching pro football. Idiots.

And in an effort to make even less fun, they have now ruled that "dunking" a football over the goal post is verboten. They said it could cause damage which would delay the game for repairs. I've never even heard of that happening much less seen it, in all the years I've been watching pro football. Idiots.

Thought I remembered this from last year, and sure enough...

The NFL's rule change is likely related not to quantity, but to Graham's dunk in November against the Falcons (GIF'd above), which bent the field goal post and caused a delay in the game.

http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/2014/03/the-nfl-solidifies-no-fun-league-nickname-by-banning-field-goal-dunks/359562/

• Like 1

Thought I remembered this from last year, and sure enough...

The NFL's rule change is likely related not to quantity, but to Graham's dunk in November against the Falcons (GIF'd above), which bent the field goal post and caused a delay in the game.

http://www.thewire.c...l-dunks/359562/

Okay, that's one.

The NFL is a snooze-fest anyways. I'd be glad if it was irrelevant in ten years.

I don't think it will be, though. Cuban just hadn't run his mouth in a few months and felt the need to say something noteworthy. With that being said, I love Mark Cuban.

My main beefs with nba are its application of rules related to calling fouls is completely arbitrary and the celebration of dunks over solid gameplay.

My main beefs with nba are its application of rules related to calling fouls is completely arbitrary and the celebration of dunks over solid gameplay.

Completely agree with the second point but "the stars get all the calls" is selective enforcement, not arbitrary enforcement.

I agree with the OP's sentiment. American Football has too many damned rules and it has ruined the game. With the league settling on the lawsuit concerning the big hits/concussions/brain damage, Universities will get sued, and high schools will not want to have any liability.