Want to know what I really like about Presto?

D3strukt

CA is a better record, but if CA had choruses like Presto it would be a masterpiece. Only thing that's hit and miss on CA. Most of the choruses on Presto are amazing. I remember Geddy saying that was a time where he worked hard on vocal arrangements and choruses.

I remixed it myself to play in my car and added a bit of low mids and bass and it sounds much better. Doesn't sound like it's coming out of a tin can anymore.

Remixed?

Presto sounds amazing on headphones. Yes, the low end is somewhat lacking, but otherwise the mix is superb. There is so much to hear on that album, and just about all of it can be heard.

I thought you didn't like post-82 rush?

You should get that looked at.

Presto sounds amazing on headphones. Yes, the low end is somewhat lacking, but otherwise the mix is superb. There is so much to hear on that album, and just about all of it can be heard.

no there was a GUP thread lately or some type of GUP discussion and I guess it was someone else but I seem to remember you saying that signals was a letdown and GUP was even more of one, because you prefer the guitar-based 70s rush. and you mentioned how you read an iron maiden interview when you were in college where one of the guys in the band said red sector a sounded like "disco rush." and I also remember in the same thread geminirising79 came along to tell everyone how he hates iron maiden for some reason.

Edited by bathory

I may have to listen to this one myself if you guys continue talking about it..... :codger:

Don't bother...YOLO.

:;)

• Like 1

and JARG, the other day you said ged's bass-playing was the only reason you still went to rush shows anymore, so that comment along with what I remember you saying about GUP made me lump you in with the "old rush good, new rush bad" crowd.

I remixed it myself to play in my car and added a bit of low mids and bass and it sounds much better. Doesn't sound like it's coming out of a tin can anymore.

Remixed?

Yes, in ProTools.

I always like the album art with the cloudy skies n stuff. Very Hugh Symie :)

http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/609/cover_441171332009.jpg

no there was a GUP thread lately or some type of GUP discussion and I guess it was someone else but I seem to remember you saying that signals was a letdown and GUP was even more of one, because you prefer the guitar-based 70s rush. and you mentioned how you read an iron maiden interview when you were in college where one of the guys in the band said red sector a sounded like "disco rush." and I also remember in the same thread geminirising79 came along to tell everyone how he hates iron maiden for some reason.

You recall all those things correctly. It's your deduction that needs looking at.

Remixed?

Yes, in ProTools.

How'd you get your hands on the bed tracks? Is there any way to share them with me? I'd like to remix it as well.

Remixed?

Yes, in ProTools.

How'd you get your hands on the bed tracks? Is there any way to share them with me? I'd like to remix it as well.

Can't. Sorry.

Remixed?

Yes, in ProTools.

Can't. Sorry.

Well at least tell me how you got the bed tracks. How many are there?

You recall all those things correctly. It's your deduction that needs looking at.

so the truth is youre part of the .000000001% that thinks presto is better than signals and GUP?

Just in case it ever comes up in the future, mark me down for post 85' (Power Windows) and not 82'. Thanks.... :codger: :)
  • Like 2

so the truth is youre part of the .000000001% that thinks presto is better than signals and GUP?

Of course not.

The truth is that I think Presto has a very good mix, especially when listened to on headphones.

Another truth is that I do prefer older Rush to newer Rush.

Another truth is that I do like quite a bit of post-82 Rush.

I don't know how you concluded that I don't like any Rush past '82 based on anything I've ever said in any of these threads. And the truth is, you probably don't know how, either.

Edited by JARG

Of course not.

The truth is that I think Presto has a very good mix, especially when listened to on headphones.

Another truth is that I do prefer older Rush to newer Rush.

Another truth is that I do like quite a bit of post-82 Rush.

I don't know how you concluded that I don't like any Rush past '82 based on anything I've ever said in any of these threads. And the truth is, you probably don't know how, either.

because you bitched about signals and GUP so I glanced over it and thought "oh, he's one of those...figures"

it doesn't matter though, I was just surprised that you liked presto I guess

I like the mix on Presto. The material itself ain't nothing to write home about.

it doesn't matter though, I was just surprised that you liked presto I guess

I like the mix on Presto. The material itself ain't nothing to write home about.

it's grown on me a lot but I'd still give it a 3 or 3.5 out of 5