Neil Peart Update: March 2014

Tony R

:smoke: Of course there's no album...

Look Neil, get back to us when you've written and recorded a new album. Until then just spend "our" money (that you carefully stashed away) wisely and none of these snow cone trips to the woods, next time you'll freeze your digital man right off! :ph34r:

• Like 3

A new hard rock and heavy metal album bordering on black metal from RUSH in the offing is there?? :haz:

wouldn't a thrash album be badass? And they COULD pull it off

And they're gonna do!! :haz:

I pray to the God of skinny punks they do bro!

A new hard rock and heavy metal album bordering on black metal from RUSH in the offing is there?? :haz:

And they're gonna do!! :haz:

I pray to the God of skinny punks they do bro!

HF in certain areas has HINTS of how epic it could sound

It would be, and they could!

• Like 1

"I love so many of his lyrics, but as a writer I find him so soul crushingly f*cking boring that I find myself drifting off after a couple of sentences. Can someone PLEASE give me a brief synopsis of any pertinent rush related news?"

—Rushgoober, 21 Aug 2013

"Am I the only one for whom once he mentions the word motorcycle or riding I start going into a catatonic state and drool starts dripping out of the side of my mouth? I can easily see Neil being the keynote speaker of a boredom conference. "

—Rushgoober, 21 Sept 2013

To Rushgoober :cheers:

Come back soon!

• Like 7

"I love so many of his lyrics, but as a writer I find him so soul crushingly f*cking boring that I find myself drifting off after a couple of sentences. Can someone PLEASE give me a brief synopsis of any pertinent rush related news?"

—Rushgoober, 21 Aug 2013

"Am I the only one for whom once he mentions the word motorcycle or riding I start going into a catatonic state and drool starts dripping out of the side of my mouth? I can easily see Neil being the keynote speaker of a boredom conference. "

Come back soon!

That's priceless...and relevant!

• Like 4

—Rushgoober, 21 Aug 2013

Come back soon!

—Rushgoober, 21 Aug 2013

Come back soon!

Reads like something I would have posted.....
  • Like 4

—Rushgoober, 21 Aug 2013

Come back soon!

I'd like to think that he would have wanted me to do that.

That's what I'd like to think. . . for all I know he may be plotting his revenge against us at this very moment. :LOL:

• Like 1

Not this again. Okay, for those who are sensitive to contrarian views, please do not read the following rant:

:ranton: Still here? Okay, you asked for it. Now guys, you all know what happens when I force myself through one of Neil's blog entries. I end up feeling cheated and I become incredibly resentful, eventually going off at his expense. Now I just read a ton and a half of Greek drama and I really enjoyed that, so it's not like I don't enjoy reading. Meanwhile I'm incredibly happy for Neil's luck in having a new family. But unless he and his entourage ride into my house and put a gun to my head, I absolutely refuse to read any of his maddeningly naive, condescending, and dull-witted prose ever again. Lyrics? Great. Brilliant beyond belief. But please, in the name of Cygnus, save us all from Neil's clueless, classist musings. Sorry, but that is my view and it is not changing. :rantoff:

• Like 4

Not this again. Okay, for those who are sensitive to contrarian views, please do not read the following rant:

:ranton: Still here? Okay, you asked for it. Now guys, you all know what happens when I force myself through one of Neil's blog entries. I end up feeling cheated and I become incredibly resentful, eventually going off at his expense. Now I just read a ton and a half of Greek drama and I really enjoyed that, so it's not like I don't enjoy reading. Meanwhile I'm incredibly happy for Neil's luck in having a new family. But unless he and his entourage ride into my house and put a gun to my head, I absolutely refuse to read any of his maddeningly naive, condescending, and dull-witted prose ever again. Lyrics? Great. Brilliant beyond belief. But please, in the name of Cygnus, save us all from Neil's clueless, classist musings. Sorry, but that is my view and it is not changing. :rantoff:

After all this time you express this opinion? I get it that you don't like it, but would you stand before his four and a half year old daughter and tell her that her father's writings don't suit yer selfish ass?

After all this time you express this opinion? I get it that you don't like it, but would you stand before his four and a half year old daughter and tell her that her father's writings don't suit yer selfish ass?

He's got a point you know. Much like reading the Yukon Blade Grinder we know what we're getting when we click enter...tough day TLIYE? Need a hug? What can we do for you?

—Rushgoober, 21 Aug 2013

Come back soon!

I'd like to think that he would have wanted me to do that.

That's what I'd like to think. . . for all I know he may be plotting his revenge against us at this very moment. :LOL:

You know he is, and I'm sure it's a coordinated effort. No worries.

• Like 1

It would be, and they could!

And Geddy wouldn't even need to sing. He could just growl into the microphone.

Maybe Neil is being inspired to write lyrics for a new epic to follow up CA

Man gets lost in the snowy woods miles from civilization with just a few provisions, blizzard comes along, get attacked by Snowdog, etc..