Bands you like, but are embarrassed to admit that you like

Brucey

every person I've encountered who dislikes rush hasn't heard an album. and you're right, it's usually some hipster f**k who gets his opinions from the village voice and pitchfork

Or something equally disgusting as the NME. Everything I hate about the music press is contained in that paper.

• Like 3

every person I've encountered who dislikes rush hasn't heard an album. and you're right, it's usually some hipster f**k who gets his opinions from the village voice and pitchfork

And its always related to their Ayn Rand period...I wonder if Neil regrets ever delving into that shit

• Like 2

I love the Eagles and not ashamedly either. They're a great band IMO.

New Kid in Town is pure genius. I don't care what anyone says.

*bites tongue*

*throws darts at Don Henley picture*

I couldn't stand the Eagles in the 70's mostly because they were so popular. I have grown to enjoy their music over the years and have a best of on my phone that I listen to from time to time... :huh:

And its always related to their Ayn Rand period...I wonder if Neil regrets ever delving into that shit

His writing seems to be against it in a social sense, though he also seems to keep some of it as his personal philosophy. Of course, most people end up learning the importance of interdependence the hard way when they're older. I know I can't talk about being older because I'm in my thirties, but I see no reason to dodge facts either. If Social Security was good enough for Ayn Rand later on in her life, I don't see why we can't try to maintain an atmosphere of goodwill to some extent. :huh:

*bites tongue*

...sits back awaiting for Hatchy to take the bait :16ton: At least that one drew you out :popcorn:

• Like 1

I thought Alanis Morrissette's first album was awesome, "Jagged Little Pill." I played that CD 1000 times and saw her on the tour. Didn't like anything after that, but, there is my admission.

Also, I thought Sheryl Crow's self titled album, in 1996, was a work of genius, and was my go to album when I was a loser stoner, in early 20s.

I'm not embarrassed by them. I'd be more embarrassed to admit to listening to some of the cheesy rap bands like "2 live crew," and "Eazy E." Ugh.

Actually, I'm embarrassed that, until 3 years ago, I didn't know anything about Rush, except what they played on classic rock stations. I'm embarrassed that I didn't have good enough friends who would have introduced me to the best music ever made. Ugh.

*bites tongue*

...sits back awaiting for Hatchy to take the bait :16ton: At least that one drew you out :popcorn:

Couldn't help myself. It's almost automatic at this stage. Pavlovian even.

I see lots of love AND hate for the Eagles. I'm not a diehard fan, but I certainly do love their older stuff. Those Shoes is my fave track of theirs- KILLER beat. God I love it.

Some Girls Aloud...there bitches, I said it :nya nya:

On The Metro is pop genius.

No arguments here. Biology is a slice of genius.

*slowly raises hand*

Well there it is! That's my "too-embarrassed-to-admit" right there, too...and I'm only admitting it now because you guys did first.

Yep, I too like Girls Aloud :unsure:

I LOVE BEYONCÉ!

I LOVE DESTINY'S CHILD!

...phew...I finally got that off my chest...

*slowly raises hand*

Well there it is! That's my "too-embarrassed-to-admit" right there, too...and I'm only admitting it now because you guys did first.

Takes a brave man to step forward :P If it was any other forum... :AlienSmiley: Ok, a lot of it is unlistenable but I'm gonna shoot for at least six tracks which are pretty much sophistico-pop at its best...aye, you can throw Sophie Ellis in that hat as well now we're on the subject! Too many Abba fans here to feel shame in their direction anymore (not that I really ever did) :hail:

*slowly raises hand*

Takes a brave man to step forward :P If it was any other forum... :AlienSmiley: Ok, a lot of it is unlistenable but I'm gonna shoot for at least six tracks which are pretty much sophistico-pop at its best...aye, you can throw Sophie Ellis in that hat as well now we're on the subject! Too many Abba fans here to feel shame in their direction anymore (not that I really ever did) :hail:

I must add, I am not remotely embarrassed to say I like some Girls Aloud tunes or Abba. Good music is good music. Couldn't give a fiddlers whose mouth it comes out of, or what genre it belongs to.