2112 Tour and All The Worlds A Stage Tour

YYZumbi

I have a quick question...

What is the different on 2112 Tour and All The Worlds A Stage Tour?

I just thought that All The Worlds A Stage was the name of the live album, but apparently its the name of a Tour as well.

The programme sold at the bands first UK tour in 1977 had 2112 tour on them but since ATWAS had been released I always classed the UK tour as the ATWAS tour, my 1st ever gig!!

Wow. Just...wow.

I think they classified all the gigs after the release of All the World's a Stage as the tour behind that album. I don't believe there were any changes to the set list, excepting the things from A Farewell to Kings (like Xanadu) that started popping up before that album was recorded.

I saw them in the summer of 77 as well. This was before AFTK was released, but they pretty much did the whole album with the exception of Madrigal. The also managed to squeeze in the entire ATWAS album with the exception of What ya Doing and In the End. Let me tell you, it was epic. I guess it could have been considered as being part of the AFTK tour, but officially it was probably an early AFTK show. Being from Toronto, Rush would often throw in a show that wasn't really connected to an album. For instance, their show at Varsity stadium featured yet to be released versions of Spirit of Radio and Freewill. I believe that relatively short tour was called "The mini tour of the Hemispheres". Edited by andreww

Before they started adding AFTK material, they also played The Twilight Zone and the end of The Necromancer (in a medley with By-Tor) at least a couple times. And yes, there are bootlegs with those songs.

Before they started adding AFTK material, they also played The Twilight Zone and the end of The Necromancer (in a medley with By-Tor) at least a couple times. And yes, there are bootlegs with those songs.

The classic Manchester bootleg from June '77 has the By-Tor/Necromancer medley, it is awesome and I don't know why they never did it again.