The very LAST Rush concert should be played at...

Thunder Bay Rush

That’s it… I’ve settled it. The last show will be at my place in Kaministiquia, Ontario. I have 160 acres, so there’s lots of room… I’ll build a big ass stage… with a roof in case it rains. I do live off the grid though, so I’ll be bringing in a huge diesel generator.

Oh, and you’re all invited…

In case the boys don’t show up, I’ll have 12 strippers standing by… just in case.

12 strippers?

can we just skip the band and get right to biz with the girls? :P

I LOVE the idea of Massey Hall for a lot of reasons. Unfortunately I'm not sure it would make logistical sense. They take such pride in their production and lighting. Frankly, I'm not sure Massey could accomodate it. However, it would be amazing to have some sort of stripped down show for a night or two.

Regarding Rogers Centre, I can't see that happening. Rush has been an arena band for 35 years—that's their bread and butter, where they are in their element. Someone in the band made the comment once in an interview that they like to see the reactions and faces, etc., and that playing in places like Brazil and at festivals they lose a measure of intimacy.

They actually CAN do Massey Hall without the production taking a major hit at all.

Today's lighting rigs are built in a way that sections can be added/removed rather easily and there is enough redundancy that even though it wouldn't be a FULL show, all the important elements would still be there. The biggest problem with a small room like that would be the video show which would need a reconfiguration, but again it's not that difficult since the giant video screen is actually just a whole bunch of small segments.. it's just a matter of setting the output matrix to a different config ;)

For those who say RUSH will be around for 10 more years... don't hold your breath.

I would prefer Rush to have a stripped-down show at Massey. Who needs all those bells and whistles to enjoy their music? Marshall Stacks and cords, with an early 80's drum kit. Technology has only hurt Rush's modern music

• Like 1

I LOVE the idea of Massey Hall for a lot of reasons. Unfortunately I'm not sure it would make logistical sense. They take such pride in their production and lighting. Frankly, I'm not sure Massey could accomodate it. However, it would be amazing to have some sort of stripped down show for a night or two.

Regarding Rogers Centre, I can't see that happening. Rush has been an arena band for 35 years—that's their bread and butter, where they are in their element. Someone in the band made the comment once in an interview that they like to see the reactions and faces, etc., and that playing in places like Brazil and at festivals they lose a measure of intimacy.

They actually CAN do Massey Hall without the production taking a major hit at all.

Today's lighting rigs are built in a way that sections can be added/removed rather easily and there is enough redundancy that even though it wouldn't be a FULL show, all the important elements would still be there. The biggest problem with a small room like that would be the video show which would need a reconfiguration, but again it's not that difficult since the giant video screen is actually just a whole bunch of small segments.. it's just a matter of setting the output matrix to a different config ;)

For those who say RUSH will be around for 10 more years... don't hold your breath.

I would prefer Rush to have a stripped-down show at Massey. Who needs all those bells and whistles to enjoy their music? Marshall Stacks and cords, with an early 80's drum kit. Technology has only hurt Rush's modern music

True that..

True that..

I don't think cords versus wireless is going to really make a huge difference. :LOL:

True that..

I don't think cords versus wireless is going to really make a huge difference. :LOL:

I am old and just want to see some instruments plugged in damnit!!! :boohoo: :) Edited by Narpzilla

True that..

I miss the look...was raised on plugged-in Rock!

You guys are too old and cranky for me. :LOL: I love the technology personally and try to appreciate all of the different colors of Rush. I miss Alex's hair and Geddys high singing range but I'm glad for most of what we've gotten from them since the 80's. Personally I think one of the reasons these guys are still together today making music is because they have experimented and not stagnated with their music. There aren't a lot of bands that stay together long enough or produce enough material to have different "eras". When the time comes that they decide that they want to retire I hope I can be there to celebrate a lifetime of music.

I think it would be best to surprise the hell out of everybody and play somewhere for the very first time. Somewhere beautiful and nice that nobody would suspect. Myrtle Beach SC would shock the sh*t out of everybody!! :o :blink:

I think it would be best to surprise the hell out of everybody and play somewhere for the very first time. Somewhere beautiful and nice that nobody would suspect. Myrtle Beach SC would shock the sh*t out of everybody!! :o :blink:

Myrtle Beach SC would be awesome... For fans who have seen them in nearby states for almost 4 decades. As a Rush fan in Western Australia who defends their legacy and creativity on a regular basis, I want to see them play in my Continent at least once before they call it quits. Anyone notice the nice banner that gets a fair bit of screen time on its own on the Can't Stop Thinking Big documentary? Maybe they'll look at this and see that they should get here real soon!

I agree so much with the Massey Hall idea. So so so much. I think a two city, Cleveland/Toronto festival over two weeks would be nice. Massey Hall and another smaller venue (sadly the Agora is long gone).

Laura Secord Secondary School. It's one of the first places they've played, and Neil has (likely) never played there. It would be a nice 85th birthday present for him.

I like the Massey Hall idea, but tickets would be impossible to get so I'm gonna say whatever is the Biggest hall/arena in Toronto. That way lots of us can get tickets, they can do the big production and to top it all off they can break out most of that vintage gear so many of us love.

I’ve reading most of this thread and there are some very good points / ideas. I now have it figured out… and if this doesn’t work, we’ll go with the strippers I proposed earlier on.

All shows would be booked into huge stadiums, one each in Cleveland, Seattle, London and Rotterdam. The final stadium show is in Toronto. Then, the FINAL show is at Massey Hall, stripped down somewhat.

I would bet a million dollars each show would sell out in days.

Then, we go back to my house for the strippers…

Seriously doubt that Rush will have an announced farewell tour/show.. Most of that bullshit is a money grab. (While I love the Eagles to death, they are a perfect example.)

Seems like they'll take one of their breaks, but never return.

Kinda like dying in your sleep.

Lol.

Whenever that very last show is played (my guess is fairly soon, within two – three years) I say they should go out with guns a’blazin’…

Toronto IS the best city for the show, and the Rogers Centre (where the Blue Jays play baseball) should be the venue. The place holds about 60,000 and yes, I know that Rush wouldn’t normally play there. They’d normally play the ACC (hockey arena, 14,000) or the Molson Amphitheatre (outdoor venue, 16,000.)

But, I think that since it would be the very last show, people would fly in from all over the planet and they’d fill that place with ease. Probably need 2 or 3 shows. And, a concert video would be a no-brainer.

So, whenever the boys finally decide to pack it in, I think they owe to their hometown go out where they first came in…

I agree it should be in Toronto!

Why not at my house??...I have a huge backyard for the stage and admittance only for fans who (i know I'm gonna get flamed for this) want Geddy to sing anything post 1980...I don't want Geddy to be screeching away and hurting these precious vocal cords!! Sorry guys, no strippers allowed!! Just kick-ass Rush music, oh and check your temper, 420, and yes, that f*&king cell phone at the door...we catch you toking or texting when you're supposed to be rocking you're kicked out!!! Got it??? .....I guess I'm gonna have a small crowd for this, eh?? LOL!!!

Toronto is great too....but don't tell me when it's really over.... :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: .

Hey, I’m in! No dope, temper or cell phone for me… but, can you at least make us a pile of hot wings or something? (And, I’ll cancel the order for the strippers.)

10 shows:

1. Toronto, ON, Canada—Air Canada Centre

2. London, England, UK—O2 Arena

3. Rotterdam, The Netherlands—Ahoy

4. Sydney, Australia—Allphones Arena

5. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil—Maracanã Stadium

6. Los Angeles, CA, USA—Staples Center

7. Cleveland, OH, USA—Quicken Loans Arena

8. New York, NY, USA—Madison Square Garden

9. Montreal, QC, Canada—Le Festival d'été

10. Toronto, ON, Canada—Massey Hall (live album)

Just a fantasy, but how cool would that be?!

• Like 1

10 shows:

1. Toronto, ON, Canada—Air Canada Centre

2. London, England, UK—O2 Arena

3. Rotterdam, The Netherlands—Ahoy

4. Sydney, Australia—Allphones Arena

5. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil—Maracanã Stadium

6. Los Angeles, CA, USA—Staples Center

7. Cleveland, OH, USA—Quicken Loans Arena

8. New York, NY, USA—Madison Square Garden

9. Montreal, QC, Canada—Le Festival d'été

10. Toronto, ON, Canada—Massey Hall (live album)

Just a fantasy, but how cool would that be?!

Nice! But I hope they play Australia on their final tour too (and before that if possible!)- I know many fans there have missed out for so long and would like a treat.

Honestly I don't think they'll announce anything. The last show will be the last one they played before something happens to one of them. Music is in their blood. They'll keep playing as long as they can.