What's with Neil running like crazy @ the end of CA Tour DVD?

zappafrank

He's trying to get away from us mere humans that he obviously detests.
  • Like 3

Hopefully, this will help some of you to understand why Neil (and MANY other celebs) feel the way he does. He doesn’t like the attention. He doesn’t “dislike” his fans. How could he? They pay for his BWM motorcycles and his home. Think about that…

I agree. When my daughter did her Make A Wish to meet Rush, Neil was actually the most social. He walked up to her and hugged her before he even said hello (she was crying though). He was very easy to talk to and laughed and joked around with her. Alex was also very easy to talk to. Geddy was actually a little harder, though he was still very nice and spent a lot of time with her. Neil didn't spend as much time with us as Alex and Geddy, and Geddy did tell us that the Wish was a little hard for him because of how cancer had touched his life, but he still spent a lot of time treating Sam like a queen. All three of them were very "regular guys".

That's the thing - they ARE "regular guys" who just happened to strike a chord in millions of people around the world. They're not Bono or Tommy Lee or Lady Gaga or Fred Durst or anyone else who is in it largely for an image that has already escaped them. Rush are men who have sold tractor parts or delivered pizzas or simply blended in with any one else on the street for much of their life.

And for the past x amount of years, they've had to pretend to be rock stars.

They want u to believe they are regular guys who think of everyone else as equals, when in fact they conciously (or subconciously) believe themselves to be superior in every way. When being nice or smiling, they are only patronizing or pitying you. Think about it- if ppl were always coming up to u that you've never met before, would you smile and be friendly, unless u had a ulterior motive towards them? You really think they want to meet old, unattractive, slack-jawed strangers with Rush shirts who say the same thing to them?

I wouldn't wanna deal with a bunch of fat gray-haired assholes telling me I haven't done anything worthwhile since 1982 either!

My physique is better than most men in their 20s...and I'm not graying.

Btw, I'm an asshole for expressing my opinion? ....1986, not 1982!

Hopefully, this will help some of you to understand why Neil (and MANY other celebs) feel the way he does. He doesn’t like the attention. He doesn’t “dislike” his fans. How could he? They pay for his BWM motorcycles and his home. Think about that…

I agree. When my daughter did her Make A Wish to meet Rush, Neil was actually the most social. He walked up to her and hugged her before he even said hello (she was crying though). He was very easy to talk to and laughed and joked around with her. Alex was also very easy to talk to. Geddy was actually a little harder, though he was still very nice and spent a lot of time with her. Neil didn't spend as much time with us as Alex and Geddy, and Geddy did tell us that the Wish was a little hard for him because of how cancer had touched his life, but he still spent a lot of time treating Sam like a queen. All three of them were very "regular guys".

That's the thing - they ARE "regular guys" who just happened to strike a chord in millions of people around the world. They're not Bono or Tommy Lee or Lady Gaga or Fred Durst or anyone else who is in it largely for an image that has already escaped them. Rush are men who have sold tractor parts or delivered pizzas or simply blended in with any one else on the street for much of their life.

They want u to believe they are regular guys who think of everyone else as equals, when in fact they conciously (or subconciously) believe themselves to be superior in every way. When being nice or smiling, they are only patronizing or pitying you. Think about it- if ppl were always coming up to u that you've never met before, would you smile and be friendly, unless u had a ulterior motive towards them? You really think they want to meet old, unattractive, slack-jawed strangers with Rush shirts who say the same thing to them?

I wouldn't wanna deal with a bunch of fat gray-haired assholes telling me I haven't done anything worthwhile since 1982 either!

Why are you telling us about your physique? Definitely tmi and dgaf.

• Like 3

Do you trade pics?

• Like 2

I love the Brittany Spears comparison. If the two of them were running from a bear we know who would get eaten and who would live to write about it.

Maybe he runs so fast after the gig because his adrenaline is pumped way the eff up after a show. If I could play like that for three hours I would jump up and bounce off the ceiling a slap a few bitches on my way to the bus all the while demanding they kNEIL down before me in adulation.

• Like 1

Why are you telling us about your physique? Definitely tmi and dgaf.

I guess you're still struggling with that Hemispheres album cover

• Like 1

They want u to believe they are regular guys who think of everyone else as equals, when in fact they conciously (or subconciously) believe themselves to be superior in every way.

Case in point. Expressing the opinion doesn't make it asshoe-lish, but the fact it contains the results of your dubious mind-reading skills does.

glad you're healthy :)

• Like 1

Just seems odd for him to make a mad dash for it. I imagine that if he gave explicit instructions for would-be hasslers to be kept at a distance as he walked back to the dressing room, they'd be honored and he wouldn't have to worry about not being able to keep to himself.

If you've read his books, you'd realize that he doesn't much care for us fans and the sooner he gets out of the venue the less chance he has to worry about interacting with any of us. You see, we're all just stalkers waiting for an opportunity.

He does care about the fans. just isn't fond of people he doesn't know. He appreciates us, just from a distance. Totally understandable :)

Hell, if I'm around people I don't know, I get VERY uncomfortable and find myself looking for an exit. If they get too chummy or close, I completely panic.

There's therapy for that. :P

Just seems odd for him to make a mad dash for it. I imagine that if he gave explicit instructions for would-be hasslers to be kept at a distance as he walked back to the dressing room, they'd be honored and he wouldn't have to worry about not being able to keep to himself.

If you've read his books, you'd realize that he doesn't much care for us fans and the sooner he gets out of the venue the less chance he has to worry about interacting with any of us. You see, we're all just stalkers waiting for an opportunity.

He does care about the fans. just isn't fond of people he doesn't know. He appreciates us, just from a distance. Totally understandable :)

Hell, if I'm around people I don't know, I get VERY uncomfortable and find myself looking for an exit. If they get too chummy or close, I completely panic.

There's therapy for that. :P

Nothing that a dose of Mandafuqup wouldn't cure.

• Like 1