Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

They won today...did you have any doubts ?

KC 33- Miami Dolphins 27

They like to keep it close!

It looks we can copy and paste this one every week!

All the way to the Super Bowl!
  • Like 1

I read somewhere that the Chiefs are 6-0 in their last six games, and 0-6 against the spread.

Just more proof that point spreads are works of pure fiction.

I read somewhere that the Chiefs are 6-0 in their last six games, and 0-6 against the spread.

Here's a list of every team vs the spread for 2020. There's a lot of 7-6 and 6-7 teams on the list (including the Chiefs). What does that suggest, if anything?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/29885131/every-nfl-team-record-spread-more%3fplatform=amp

Here's a list of every team vs the spread for 2020. There's a lot of 7-6 and 6-7 teams on the list (including the Chiefs). What does that suggest, if anything?

https://www.google.c...re?platform=amp

It suggests that the guys that set spreads are doing their job well. The idea is to get a 50/50 split on wagers and make their money off the vig.

https://www.google.c...re?platform=amp

It suggests that the guys that set spreads are doing their job well. The idea is to get a 50/50 split on wagers and make their money off the vig.

Yep. :ebert:

Defense doing it's job, holding the Falcons scoreless up to the botched trick play. The Chiefs are such a strong team, why they won't just settle in and straight up beat the other team is frustrating. Just shows you how tough it is to sustain success...the mental discipline needed to simply go about business, Patriots style, is rare.
  • Like 1

Mahomes is reportedly sitting out this last game, which seems the obvious right decision. I won't jinx the team by bringing up the fact that of the NFL QBs that sat week 17 and then got a bye, three of four lost their next game.

Go Chiefs!

• Like 1

Mahomes is reportedly sitting out this last game, which seems the obvious right decision. I won't jinx the team by bringing up the fact that of the NFL QBs that sat week 17 and then got a bye, three of four lost their next game.

Go Chiefs!

Much like Mahomes did in 2017, Chad Hence will dazzle in a Week 17 start and lead the Chiefs as the opening day starter when they open next season.

• Like 1

Cleveland Browns sports analyst had this to say about facing Travis Kelce next weekend...

Kelce finished second in the NFL in receiving yards, only behind Bills star Stefon Diggs. His 1,416 yards set a single-season record by a tight end, breaking George Kittle’s 2018 mark. Downfield, Kelce moves elegantly. He swiftly sits in soft zones and can run away from safeties in man coverage. When plays break down, he knows where to flow as Mahomes scrambles.

Through 16 games, he’s been unguardable. Since Week 8, Kelce has had five 100-plus yard games. Including back-to-back 136 yard games against Miami and Denver. Brian Flores and Vic Fangio are two of the sharpest defensive minds and neither had an answer for the Chiefs’ walking mismatch.

The Browns rank 28th against opposing tight ends and it’s going to take a few days of film study for me to even speculate on how to slow him down.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/01/cleveland-browns-vs-kansas-city-chiefs-preview-scouting-kansas-city-and-how-they-match-up.html

• Like 1

Same analyst, on the problem of stopping Tyreek Hill...

Hill and Lamar Jackson are the fastest football players on earth. The Browns really struggle against Jackson’s speed and I worry Hill won’t be much different. Getting Denzel Ward back helps a lot. When defenses slow Hill, it’s by playing two high safeties and keeping a top corner (like Ward) on him underneath.

That will likely be the Browns’ plan. Lots of two-high quarters coverage (Cover 4). The issue that creates is it opens the middle of the field, which Kelce owns. It’s cliche but the Chiefs truly are a “pick your poison” quagmire.

• Like 1

And on the Chiefs' defense...

...like the Browns, this Chiefs defense doesn’t piece together stops or force many punts. They play opportunist ball, which should bode well for a Kevin Stefanski game plan. Remember, the Chiefs trailed in every postseason game last year, and still won the Super Bowl. This season they’ve won their past seven games by one score, an NFL record.

Are the Chiefs ripe for an upset, or did they just grow bored of regular-season ball? We don’t know yet.

A couple more things...

The Chiefs ranked 31st against the run this year, while the Browns ranked 3rd in rushing yards. The Browns' rushing game could eat up a lot of clock and, importantly, keep Mahomes off the field.

When Mahomes is on the field, he'll have to contend with Browns DE Myles Garrett, who had twelve sacks on the season (6th in the NFL).

A couple more things...

The Chiefs ranked 31st against the run this year, while the Browns ranked 3rd in rushing yards. The Browns' rushing game could eat up a lot of clock and, importantly, keep Mahomes off the field.

When Mahomes is on the field, he'll have to contend with Browns DE Myles Garrett, who had twelve sacks on the season (6th in the NFL).

This is the thing that worries me. For Mahomes and Kelce & Co to do magic things; they've got to be on the field. Garrett is good, but I trust Bienemy and Reid to roll the action away from him or call up some quick outs to get the ball moving downfield. On the other hand, Chubb should scare the Chiefs' coaching staff. Hopefully, the Chiefs can bend but not break.

• Like 1

A couple more things...

This is the thing that worries me. For Mahomes and Kelce & Co to do magic things; they've got to be on the field. Garrett is good, but I trust Bienemy and Reid to roll the action away from him or call up some quick outs to get the ball moving downfield. On the other hand, Chubb should scare the Chiefs' coaching staff. Hopefully, the Chiefs can bend but not break.

And reduce the mistakes they've made at times. No turnovers that result in free possessions for the Browns, or worse, easy points.
  • Like 1

A couple more things...

And reduce the mistakes they've made at times. No turnovers that result in free possessions for the Browns, or worse, easy points.

Yeah, we have some recent reminders that the Browns can capitalize on sloppy turnovers!

And, KC, please, if you get up say, 24-7, then keep going! Do not let a team up off the mat.

• Like 1

A couple more things...

Yeah, we have some recent reminders that the Browns can capitalize on sloppy turnovers!

And, KC, please, if you get up say, 24-7, then keep going! Do not let a team up off the mat.

Word on that! Edited by goose

A couple more things...

Aren't they the ones who get down early 24-0 just so they can amuse themselves enough by keeping it interesting?

• Like 2