Favorite bedtime song(s) ?

custom55

I made a naptime mix a few years ago which had lots of Nick Drake, Vangelis and Dead Can Dance.

Also, Pink Floyd's A Pillow of Winds, If, and Fearless.

The entire Meddle album is good for napping, once you get past the part about cutting someone into little pieces ;)

• Like 1

I made a naptime mix a few years ago which had lots of Nick Drake, Vangelis and Dead Can Dance.

The entire Meddle album is good for napping, once you get past the part about cutting someone into little pieces ;)

Nick Drake is one of my favorite artists to listen to before going to sleep.

I've recently discovered Talk Talk's Laughing Stock and Spirit of Eden, along with Mark Hollis' solo album. All three of those albums make great bedtime music.

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

A Pillow of Winds and Fearless. Fantastic choices... I'll add them to my list.

There is this song called How I Became The Sea by Owl City that starts very relaxingly, but important sounding at the same time, with a rise in energy in the second bridge/final chorus that collapses back into the relaxing state it once had at the long outro finally fading out each individual element with distant fuzzy recaps of the chorus vocals before the only thing left is the final water-drop style synth closing out on the final triplet chord. It is a great kind of reflect on and let go of the day song to listen to before bed. As it gets you in a calming, but interesting state, giving you one last burst of power, before backing into the final fade, as you let go and go to sleep too. If you don't like indie synth pop/rock then the song is not for you, but otherwise it is really cool to check out, and definitely one of his most atmospheric pieces (on this project anyway). There is also a side project of Owl City's called Port Blue that is somewhat ambient, but also like the soundtrack to an experimental film. His first album, The Airship, is an instrumental concept album about an introverted man's cruise on a large airship. The songs involving social experiences are distant sounding, while the visual experiences are more upfront, which is a perfect match for the album theme (whoops I'm Rambling) anyway the album is also great for letting go of your thoughts as you fall asleep. Finally apparently Rush fell asleep while mixing Rivendell, so I tried it, and yeah that one is a good dose of laughing gas if you need it.

I find Fleetwood Mac's Mirage album very relaxing. And Khoma All Erodes. Both get played when I need to relax!