The Garden!

English Muffin

Thanks for the link. Love the camera work especially during Al's amazing solo. The camera man in the pit must be a Hitchcock fan, smooth drive with a touch of drama.

Yeah, what a way to shoot that. Beautiful. Gives me chills just thinking about it. Watched it last night finally.. that solo is packed with emotion. Watching him play it with the awesome camera work got me vaklempt.

• Like 2

I truly hate to be the one to bring this up but Geddy goes flat several times during the song. Specially during the verses and in contrast of the backups. Sorry, I'm really not being negative just objective, not trolling here just disappointed. You can tell its one of the last songs in the show. He sounds tired on this song. Other than that the song sounds flawless. The Video quality is simply superperb! Oh well you decapitate my head now. :scared:

Geddy goes flat? Several times? No, we don't decapitate fools.. we just pity them. :LOL:

I truly hate to be the one to bring this up but Geddy goes flat several times during the song. Specially during the verses and in contrast of the backups. Sorry, I'm really not being negative just objective, not trolling here just disappointed. You can tell its one of the last songs in the show. He sounds tired on this song. Other than that the song sounds flawless. The Video quality is simply superperb! Oh well you decapitate my head now. :scared:

Geddy is old. His voice is not what it was. That's just reality. The alternative would be for Rush to retire. I guess we would rather have Rush with a few flat vocal notes. I am a vocalist and notice Geddy hits a lot of flat notes, but he also shines at times and really sings well.

• Like 1

Geddy goes flat? Several times? No, we don't decapitate fools.. we just pity them. :LOL:

He does flat a lot. but so what. He still rocks!

• Like 1

If Geddys voice on this song is a concern then I'm glad I wasn't around for the Time Machine Tour.

Geddy's voice here isn't great, but on TMT it was atrocious. I still need to get a boot of that tour because the songs are played so friggin' well, but the voice just ruins it. I need me some high quality live Camera Eye!

• Like 1

Unfortunately, you're right. The vocals are much better than on the Time Machine Tour, but they are still the weak link. Which is a shame because the playing and sound is otherwise great. And I love the camera work in this video.

But if this is as bad as the vocals get, this will be a great concert video with this sound and look.

• Like 1

Geddy is old. His voice is not what it was. That's just reality. The alternative would be for Rush to retire. I guess we would rather have Rush with a few flat vocal notes. I am a vocalist and notice Geddy hits a lot of flat notes, but he also shines at times and really sings well.

Yeah Ged's vocals are not 100% but overall sounds so much better than the record.

Yes, I agree he doen't sing flawlessly anymore. LI2K may have hated to say it, but he probably loved being the first one. I know, fawning over a band you love is boring to some and foolish to others. I find it not very interesting to nitpick at the imperfections of something you love. I mean, some people are filled with emotion in this thread, then here comes LI2K with his 'I hate to burst your bubble but Geddy sucks' post. Eh, whatever dude. :eyeroll:

Yes, I agree he doen't sing flawlessly anymore. LI2K may have hated to say it, but he probably loved being the first one. I know, fawning over a band you love is boring to some and foolish to others. I find it not very interesting to nitpick at the imperfections of something you love. I mean, some people are filled with emotion in this thread, then here comes LI2K with his 'I hate to burst your bubble but Geddy sucks' post. Eh, whatever dude. :eyeroll:

I don't think that's a fair assessment at all. If we can't objectively discuss what we're seeing, why even have a forum like this?

I love the band, I loved the tour, I love the camera-work, and I love the sound (so far...we'll see how it holds up on a real stereo). But if the vocals on the entire album are like this, it can never be a go-to live record for me. It won't be a lost record, like TMT, but it won't be a a great one either.

• Like 2

I think we all know that Geddys voice isn't what it used to be, which is a shame. But honestly we're lucky to be getting concert DVDs at all from them at this point in their career. They could just sit back and enjoy their retirement. I'm surprised he can sing half of what he sings anymore considering the strain to his voice over the years.

• Like 4

I think we all know that Geddys voice isn't what it used to be, which is a shame. But honestly we're lucky to be getting concert DVDs at all from them at this point in their career. They could just sit back and enjoy their retirement. I'm surprised he can sing half of what he sings anymore considering the strain to his voice over the years.

Agreed. I'd much rather have Geddy singing at 50% and still be able to see them live, because they are such a great live band. I'll never understand the calls to retirement as long as they're playing well.

• Like 1

Agreed. I'd much rather have Geddy singing at 50% and still be able to see them live, because they are such a great live band. I'll never understand the calls to retirement as long as they're playing well.

I agree 100%. I rather have Geddy at 50% than no RUSH at all. Now that said, in my defense, even Geddy knew he was having pitch problems with this song. Which is the reason he has his finger in his ear to hear the monitor mix better so he could tune up. I've hardly ever criticized this band to the point of even placing them higher than the Beatles in another thread, but this was very painfully obvious. I just hope the rest of the CD doesn't sound like this. Maybe they should have recorded an earlier concert when his voice was more fresh. He just sounds tired on this song and maybe its just this song. I really hope so. It comes towards the end of the concert after already singing for nearly two hours. I just don't know why they released this song as the promo track with his voice sounding the way it does. It has many beautiful parts and the video is flawless. But I can't say his vocals are great when they aren't. I would just be lying to myself and everyone else. :codger:
  • Like 3

Okay back on track. The audio mix is superbly done! Such clarity and separation between all the instruments, great cinematography and great music - this is going to be awesome. Can't wait :D

I can't stress out enough how freakishly good Alex's guitar solo sounds. :notworthy:

• Like 2

I never said Geddy Sucks! He one of the best bassist/ Composers even keyboardist in the rock world and I never had a problem with his vocals until I heard this clip. I didn't even had a problem with his vocals on TMT as other have stated. Anyway, I never said he sucks.You said that to place me in a bad light. I said he went flat several times and believe me that what pretty hard for me to do. The man is human, it happens. specially after singing for two hours after a 40 year career. You can go a ahead and lie to yourself if you like but I don't need too. It you notice my first post on this thread I was being very positive and truly hoping someone else would bring this up other than me cause I just Love this band but I'm not going to dilute myself blindly either. His vocals are not always on pitch during this song. I'm not stating that to be confrontational or negative for the sake of being negative, Its just a fact. Its like Neil Dropping a stick or Alex popping a string. It happens. Not very often with RUSH but it happens. :codger: Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 2

I never said Geddy Sucks! He one of the best bassist/ Composers even keyboardist in the rock world and I never had a problem with his vocals until I heard this clip. I didn't even had a problem with his vocals on TMT as other have stated. Anyway, I never said he sucks.You said that to place me in a bad light.

It sucks when people misrepresent your views, huh? Like when I said that the opening songs on GuP, PoW, HYF and Presto are very good, but are among the worst album openers for Rush and you said that I hated those songs. And then you refused to acknowledge that I believe those songs are very good. Totally sucks.

I never said Geddy Sucks! He one of the best bassist/ Composers even keyboardist in the rock world and I never had a problem with his vocals until I heard this clip. I didn't even had a problem with his vocals on TMT as other have stated. Anyway, I never said he sucks.You said that to place me in a bad light.

It sucks when people misrepresent your views, huh? Like when I said that the opening songs on GuP, PoW, HYF and Presto are very good, but are among the worst album openers for Rush and you said that I hated those songs. And then you refused to acknowledge that I believe those songs are very good. Totally sucks.

Different thing all together. Besides you were talking about The Big Money. :tongue:

Edited by losingit2k

I thought he sounded a lot better than he did in TMT. And I enjoyed the hell out of that album. If the quality of the mixing shown in this video is any indication to the rest of the album, it may become an instant favorite for me. Can't wait, it's only a day and a month away!

I never said Geddy Sucks! He one of the best bassist/ Composers even keyboardist in the rock world and I never had a problem with his vocals until I heard this clip. I didn't even had a problem with his vocals on TMT as other have stated. Anyway, I never said he sucks.You said that to place me in a bad light. I said he went flat several times and believe me that what pretty hard for me to do. The man is human, it happens. specially after singing for two hours after a 40 year career. You can go a ahead and lie to yourself if you like but I don't need too. It you notice my first post on this thread I was being very positive and truly hoping someone else would bring this up other than me cause I just Love this band but I'm not going to dilute myself blindly either. His vocals are not always on pitch during this song. I'm not stating that to be confrontational or negative for the sake of being negative, Its just a fact. Its like Neil Dropping a stick or Alex popping a string. It happens. Not very often with RUSH but it happens. :codger:

I know you never said Geddy sucks. I was loosely paraphrasing. I had listened to it twice last night for the first time, on my phone using my good quality headphones. I didn't hear anything wrong with Geddy's vocals, and I thought you were nuts. I don't know how you heard it, but I just now listened on my good headphones to both the cd version, then this video on HD quality just to be sure I'm convinced I know what I'm talking about. I will honestly say Geddy sounds fine live. His delivery was not as strong throughout as the studio version, of course, because he'd just sang for two hours before this song. I didn't hear anything that I would term as flat, if your definition of flat is dull and lifeless. His tone did not seem to be in doubt. I didn't mean for it to seem personal, so sorry. We don't have to debate it and just agree to disagree here. Rush on! :cheers:

• Like 1

Calm down people. Geddy Lee is 60 years old, of course dosen' t have the same vocal range he had when he was 20. Or 40. That happens to everyone, sadly.

With that in mind, i think he sounds amazing. Be grateful that the band are still playing. Or shut the f**k up!

• Like 2