And Now for Something Completely Different...Monty Python Thread v.2

Citizen of the World

Great. Terrific. Oh, it's great. No problem. We'll sort it out on the floor. Sort it out on the floor. No problem. :cheers:

Oh, incidentally your film's won a prize. :clap:

Next we come to the Fairfax Atkinson Trophy for outstanding achievement in the field of Applied Mathematics... :smash:

I'm going to show you three numbers, and I want you to tell me if you see any similarity between them. "3" "3" "3"

I have to tell you, I'm afraid even I really just don't know. :banghead:

For readers at home, the answer is coming up on your screens. Those of you who wish to play it the hard way, stand upside down with your head in a bucket of piranha fish.

Better get a bucket.

They're um...they're all sold. Not a single one of them in an unsold state. Good morning. :outtahere:

It's not much of a cheese shop really, is it? http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/indifferent/indifferent0009.gif

Well, I'm afraid it didn't come in this morning, sir. But we have got some down at our Kensington branch. I'll just nip down there and get it for you. :outtahere:

in that case you'd have the South East Area Manager round here like a shot.

They were wearing masks and making silly noises and one of them pretended to be the manager. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused0006.gif

I am the manager. I've only just heard . .. may I sit down?
  • Like 2

Great. Terrific. Oh, it's great. No problem. We'll sort it out on the floor. Sort it out on the floor. No problem. :cheers:

Next we come to the Fairfax Atkinson Trophy for outstanding achievement in the field of Applied Mathematics... :smash:

I'm going to show you three numbers, and I want you to tell me if you see any similarity between them. "3" "3" "3"

For readers at home, the answer is coming up on your screens. Those of you who wish to play it the hard way, stand upside down with your head in a bucket of piranha fish.

Better get a bucket.

They're um...they're all sold. Not a single one of them in an unsold state. Good morning. :outtahere:

It's not much of a cheese shop really, is it? http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/indifferent/indifferent0009.gif

Well, I'm afraid it didn't come in this morning, sir. But we have got some down at our Kensington branch. I'll just nip down there and get it for you. :outtahere:

They were wearing masks and making silly noises and one of them pretended to be the manager. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused0006.gif

Ah, sit on the desk here. Now then, a glass of sherry? I'm going to have some. :hail:
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket.

Ah, sit on the desk here. Now then, a glass of sherry? I'm going to have some. :hail:

Yes, I think Amontillado, finely grown ... well chosen from the casque of Pluto's hills, cell'd deep within the vinous soil of Spain, wrench'd thence from fiery regions of the sun...
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket.

Yes, I think Amontillado, finely grown ... well chosen from the casque of Pluto's hills, cell'd deep within the vinous soil of Spain, wrench'd thence from fiery regions of the sun...

The label says 'Zurich,' sir. :tsk:
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket.

Well I hardly think this is good enough. I think it's be more appropriate if the box bore a great red label warning lark's vomit.
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket.

Well I hardly think this is good enough. I think it's be more appropriate if the box bore a great red label warning lark's vomit.

Conquistador Coffee brings a new meaning to the word vomit :yes:
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket.

Quite like it - bit long, though, I think. :unsure:
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket.

How long is it?
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket.

How long is it?

Normally he was wont to be about twelve feet from nose to tail, but when Dinsdale was very depressed Norman could be anything up to eight hundred yards long.
  • Like 2

Your_Lion does tend to exaggerate, so every figure he gives you will be ten times too high. Otherwise he's perfectly all right, perfectly ha, ha, ha.

Poor fellow. I think he needs help. :|
  • Like 2

Your_Lion does tend to exaggerate, so every figure he gives you will be ten times too high. Otherwise he's perfectly all right, perfectly ha, ha, ha.

I'll tell you what's wrong with him. His head's addled with novels and poems, he comes home every evening reeling of Chateau La Tour...
  • Like 2

I'll tell you what's wrong with him. His head's addled with novels and poems, he comes home every evening reeling of Chateau La Tour...

I'd like to welcome the pommy bastard to God's own earth. :angel:
  • Like 2

:hi: You said we must have a drink together sometime, so I thought I'd take you up on it as the film society meeting was cancelled this evening.
  • Like 2

:hi: You said we must have a drink together sometime, so I thought I'd take you up on it as the film society meeting was cancelled this evening.

But who's going to do the cooking tonight? Citizen's got a mouthful... :spitwater:
  • Like 2

But who's going to do the cooking tonight? Citizen's got a mouthful... :spitwater:

If he opens his big mouth again...it's lampshade time!
  • Like 2

Clearly Citizen of the World inspired tremendous loyalty and terror amongst his business associates, but what was he really like?
  • Like 2

Clearly Citizen of the World inspired tremendous loyalty and terror amongst his business associates, but what was he really like?

His gobbing is consistent and accurate.
  • Like 2

Hey, can we have a word with the Champ? :wub:
  • Like 2

Why don't you do a documentary about the drug problem round in Grand Designs?
  • Like 2

Right... well I should definitely say you're suffering from a severe personality disorder, sir, sublimating itself in a lactic obsession which could get worse depending on how much money you've got.
  • Like 2

Right... well I should definitely say you're suffering from a severe personality disorder, sir, sublimating itself in a lactic obsession which could get worse depending on how much money you've got.

You see, you unfortunately plumped for our 'Neverpay' policy, which, you know, if you never claim is very worthwhile...but you had to claim, and, well, there it is. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool0044.gif
  • Like 2

You see, you unfortunately plumped for our 'Neverpay' policy, which, you know, if you never claim is very worthwhile...but you had to claim, and, well, there it is. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool0044.gif

No, no, no, I don't follow this at all, I mean, I don't want to seem stupid but it looks to me as though I'm a pound down on the whole deal.
  • Like 2

No, no, no, I don't follow this at all, I mean, I don't want to seem stupid but it looks to me as though I'm a pound down on the whole deal.

It's all right, we don't morally censor you, we just want the money. ;)
  • Like 2

It's all right, we don't morally censor you, we just want the money. ;)

No, no, no, no. It's not worth ten. You're supposed to argue, 'Ten for that? You must be mad!'
  • Like 2