And Now for Something Completely Different...Monty Python Thread v.2

Citizen of the World

He...used to do things for them. He used to oblige them. He...um, used to make them happy in little ways. :blush:

He used sarcasm. He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and satire

Nobody can say 'fivepenny please' and make it funny. :huh:

Sounds a bit funny if you ask me ...

Bit vicious in parts, but a lot of fun. But how about that punch line, eh? Oh, you know what I mean? Oh, oh, really. :ebert:

It was obvious that this joke was lethal... no one could read it and live .

Then Citizen...won't be needing his reservation on the 10:15. :fistbump:

Well you can't blame British Rail for that.

It's a fair cop, but society is to blame.

I haven't had enough of the permissive society.
  • Like 2

He...used to do things for them. He used to oblige them. He...um, used to make them happy in little ways. :blush:

He used sarcasm. He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and satire

Bit vicious in parts, but a lot of fun. But how about that punch line, eh? Oh, you know what I mean? Oh, oh, really. :ebert:

We must never forget that if there was not one thing that was not on top of another thing our society would be nothing more than a meaningless body of men that had gathered together for no good purpose.
  • Like 2

We must never forget that if there was not one thing that was not on top of another thing our society would be nothing more than a meaningless body of men that had gathered together for no good purpose.

Well, things turned out all right in the end. :gumby: :gumby: :gumby: :gumby: :gumby: They're all married and living quite well in a council estate near Dulwich.
  • Like 2

Well, things turned out all right in the end. :gumby: :gumby: :gumby: :gumby: :gumby: They're all married and living quite well in a council estate near Dulwich.

Er, yes. That was when I was married to the wrong one. I didn't like the colour. This is the one I want to have, so if you could just change the forms round I can take this one back with me now.
  • Like 2

Er, yes. That was when I was married to the wrong one. I didn't like the colour. This is the one I want to have, so if you could just change the forms round I can take this one back with me now.

I met my second wife at a second-wife-swapping party. Trust me to arrive late. :| :sigh:
  • Like 1

Swedish accordion teacher and cane-chair sales lady? :blink:
  • Like 2

Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Gräilen Røtern nik Akten Di Wik Alsø wik Alsø alsø wik Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër? See the løveli lakes The wøndërful telephøne system And mäni interesting furry animals
  • Like 2

Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Gräilen Røtern nik Akten Di Wik Alsø wik Alsø alsø wik Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër? See the løveli lakes The wøndërful telephøne system And mäni interesting furry animals

Here it was that Erik Njorl, son of Frothgar, met the mayor, Mr Arthur Huddinut, a local solicitor. :fury:
  • Like 2

Here it was that Erik Njorl, son of Frothgar, met the mayor, Mr Arthur Huddinut, a local solicitor. :fury:

Well nowadays a really blithering idiot can make anything up to ten thousand pounds a year - if he's the head of some big industrial combine.
  • Like 2

Well nowadays a really blithering idiot can make anything up to ten thousand pounds a year - if he's the head of some big industrial combine.

I'm very very very very very very very very very very very rich. I do own the most startling quantities of cash. :cool:
  • Like 2

I'm very very very very very very very very very very very rich. I do own the most startling quantities of cash. :cool:

But remember the money increases as the film goes on. So the longer you leave it...the more you have to pay! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/winking/winking0009.gif
  • Like 2

But remember the money increases as the film goes on. So the longer you leave it...the more you have to pay! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/winking/winking0009.gif

Some people have drawn comparisons between your film "If", which ends with a gun battle at a public school, and Mr Lindsay Anderson's film "If", which ends with a gun battle at a public school. :wtf:
  • Like 2

Some people have drawn comparisons between your film "If", which ends with a gun battle at a public school, and Mr Lindsay Anderson's film "If", which ends with a gun battle at a public school. :wtf:

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Inspector Leopard of Scotland Yard, Special Fraud Film Director Squad.
  • Like 2

Great. Terrific. Oh, it's great. No problem. We'll sort it out on the floor. Sort it out on the floor. No problem. :cheers:

Oh, incidentally your film's won a prize. :clap:
  • Like 2

Great. Terrific. Oh, it's great. No problem. We'll sort it out on the floor. Sort it out on the floor. No problem. :cheers:

Next we come to the Fairfax Atkinson Trophy for outstanding achievement in the field of Applied Mathematics... :smash:
  • Like 2

Next we come to the Fairfax Atkinson Trophy for outstanding achievement in the field of Applied Mathematics... :smash:

I'm going to show you three numbers, and I want you to tell me if you see any similarity between them. "3" "3" "3"
  • Like 1

I'm going to show you three numbers, and I want you to tell me if you see any similarity between them. "3" "3" "3"

I have to tell you, I'm afraid even I really just don't know. :banghead:
  • Like 2

For readers at home, the answer is coming up on your screens. Those of you who wish to play it the hard way, stand upside down with your head in a bucket of piranha fish.
  • Like 2

For readers at home, the answer is coming up on your screens. Those of you who wish to play it the hard way, stand upside down with your head in a bucket of piranha fish.

Better get a bucket.
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket.

They're um...they're all sold. Not a single one of them in an unsold state. Good morning. :outtahere:
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket.

They're um...they're all sold. Not a single one of them in an unsold state. Good morning. :outtahere:

It's not much of a cheese shop really, is it? http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/indifferent/indifferent0009.gif
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket.

It's not much of a cheese shop really, is it? http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/indifferent/indifferent0009.gif

Well, I'm afraid it didn't come in this morning, sir. But we have got some down at our Kensington branch. I'll just nip down there and get it for you. :outtahere:
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket.

Well, I'm afraid it didn't come in this morning, sir. But we have got some down at our Kensington branch. I'll just nip down there and get it for you. :outtahere:

in that case you'd have the South East Area Manager round here like a shot.
  • Like 2

Better get a bucket.

in that case you'd have the South East Area Manager round here like a shot.

They were wearing masks and making silly noises and one of them pretended to be the manager. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/confused/confused0006.gif
  • Like 2